Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullish Announcement - Stacks Bowers Auction of a .1 BTC Silver Lealana BF BLK  (Read 622 times)
Steeley (OP)

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 06:27:13 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2021, 10:31:35 PM by Steeley
Merited by Symmetrick (1), KrispyKrypto (1)

This is a pretty cool announcement. Stacks Bowers, a leader in coin collectors' auctions and numismatics in general, has announced that they are excited to auction a Lealana .1 BTC buyer funded black (10 issued). They are probably bending the truth saying this is the first physical bitcoin up for live auction... but hey, it's all good for us holders of these collectibles.

For all I know someone on this forum is the owner of this coin.

https://www.stacksbowers.com/News/Pages/Blogs.aspx?ArticleID=lealana-physical-bitcoin-november-2021-showcase-auction

Steeley

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brlgold777
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2021, 07:37:38 PM

This is excellent news. If heritage auction house follows… just wow! Thanks for sharing.
Hox

Activity: 751
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 03:00:53 AM

Good to see more mainstream attention, but there were more than 10 of these made. I know there was at least one roll of 20 that were black label buyer funded. I think there's probably 30-40 at least.

Coin.Community    
   A place for cryptocurrency collectors and artists.
Discover on the Coin Wiki. See all my coins for sale: Kialara, Casascius, Finite by Design, Satori coin and more.
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 03:51:37 AM

I suppose Stacks Bowers is using one source for their info - The Encyclopedia. At some point all the new found info and new creations could use an update.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Bonanzaking107
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 12:11:26 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

This is a pretty cool announcement. Stacks Bowers, a leader in coin collectors' auctions and numismatics in general, has announced that they are excited to auction a Lealana .1 BTC buyer funded black (10 issued). They are probably bending the truth saying this is the first physical bitcoin up for live auction... but hey, it's all good for us holders of these collectibles.

https://www.stacksbowers.com/News/Pages/Blogs.aspx?ArticleID=lealana-physical-bitcoin-november-2021-showcase-auction

Steeley

http://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-TYP2B/2013-silver-lealana-01-bitcoin-btc-no-3605-series-1-unredeemed-buyer-funded-black-address-troy-ounce-999-silver-25mm-ms-7

Seems the bid is live on it, current bid is at 7k so above face value with COA’s and everything. I think that gilt of these I was hoping to buy just mooned.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 12:59:33 PM

http://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-TYP2B/2013-silver-lealana-01-bitcoin-btc-no-3605-series-1-unredeemed-buyer-funded-black-address-troy-ounce-999-silver-25mm-ms-7

Seems the bid is live on it, current bid is at 7k so above face value with COA’s and everything. I think that gilt of these I was hoping to buy just mooned.
Oh wow, great to see some appreciation for physical cryptocoins in some actual "real world" auction houses.  Grin
The price is still pretty low, I hope this gains a bit more popularity and goes aboe $10k.
It would be great to see some Casascius coin offered like this too, they surely would go much higher in price.
Bonanzaking107
Copper Member

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 01:05:52 PM

Oh wow, great to see some appreciation for physical cryptocoins in some actual "real world" auction houses.  Grin
The price is still pretty low, I hope this gains a bit more popularity and goes aboe $10k.
It would be great to see some Casascius coin offered like this too, they surely would go much higher in price.

The auction is on going till the 23rd. Question really is can it keep up its current rate and still exceed the numismatic value considering its a buyer funded rather than loaded coin. This will be interesting to keep tabs on.
sweeteye

Activity: 789
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 02:40:25 PM

"Bitcoins were issued in silver, and this buyer-funded example with a black address is a great rarity, one of only 10 issued." Do we know of actually how many were issued with black addy?

I'm also confused by the COA photographs in the link...
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 964
Merit: 397

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 05:53:32 PM
Merited by Eclipse33 (1)

At the time physical bitcoins were being made I think great record keeping wasn't a top priority. Because of that the encyclopedia will be the gold standard for facts, even if their not completely accurate. The fact is in the coin collecting world the mintage on physical bitcoins is virtually none. I believe these coins will eventually be the most sought after collectable on the planet. Currently Buyer Funded coins are the only ones legally aloud to be sold by companies. This is a huge step and I couldnt be happier that its starting. Hold them, never peel them, then buy a yacht with them in 2040.
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 09:03:19 PM
Merited by 2stout (1)

The auction is on going till the 23rd. Question really is can it keep up its current rate and still exceed the numismatic value considering its a buyer funded rather than loaded coin. This will be interesting to keep tabs on.

This is a buyer funded coin, but it was evidently loaded by smoothie as written in the COA. Just an important data point if you are interested in tracking what the premium on this coin is. For now, $7000 is not much over the load value.

coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 07:02:19 AM

This is a buyer funded coin, but it was evidently loaded by smoothie as written in the COA. Just an important data point if you are interested in tracking what the premium on this coin is. For now, $7000 is not much over the load value.
Has the bidding even started? It says on the page "Live bidding starts Nov 25", so maybe the $7000 is just the starting price? In the meantime BTC climbed up to $68k and tends further upwards. $7k could be well below face value by Nov 25
Bonanzaking107
Copper Member

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 07:35:10 AM

Has the bidding even started? It says on the page "Live bidding starts Nov 25", so maybe the $7000 is just the starting price? In the meantime BTC climbed up to $68k and tends further upwards. $7k could be well below face value by Nov 25

It’s internet bidding for now, I saw it jump from 6,8 to 7k. Say internet bidding is supposed to end the 23rd then live bids which confuses me.
Steeley (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 06:53:00 PM

There is a chance that this coin is a pretty good value when all is said and done since the purchase is in fiat while BTC is increasing at the same time.

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 10:16:25 PM

It is considered part of the limited Series 1 Lealana coins, offered before the address color was changed to green in May 2014 to comply with regulations.

The address color has nothing to do with regulations. 
Agrawas

Activity: 1736
Merit: 501

https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2021, 10:26:45 PM

Good to see more mainstream attention, but there were more than 10 of these made. I know there was at least one roll of 20 that were black label buyer funded. I think there's probably 30-40 at least.

There is prob lot more of those coins. I had about 10 of them and option to buy another 5-6 coins at one time..

Brlgold777
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2021, 10:31:45 PM

It’s already up to $8500… but I imagine I’ll get outbid again shortly. Lol
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 10:42:58 PM

It is considered part of the limited Series 1 Lealana coins, offered before the address color was changed to green in May 2014 to comply with regulations.

Actually it does.  In order to show compliance with regulations going forward, the color was changed so there was no confusion with 1st batch that no longer did.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 12:53:35 AM

First for them I suppose is what they mean. So here comes our numismatic values I've been waiting on from the auction houses.  Some of our rare non funded collectibles should start doing quite well in the coming years.
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 04:16:05 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2021, 05:15:09 PM by Hellot

Actually it does.  In order to show compliance with regulations going forward, the color was changed so there was no confusion with 1st batch that no longer did.

Is smoothie on the record saying that somewhere?  Because I bought and funded a lot of 1st batch coins so he didn't stick to his own rule of trying to eliminate confusion.

Regardless, the color didn't have to change to comply with regulations like the description would lead you to believe.
elmejorrematador

Activity: 107
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 06:01:40 PM

Steeley

There is a gilt version of the .10 BTC silver?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: