Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitpay wallet BCH private keys  (Read 83 times)
codehtcmail (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 260

Tryig to survive in this harsh world

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 03:54:45 PM

Hi

I have unclaimed BCHA (now eCash) sitting in my Android mobile Bitpay wallet, but I can't find the private keys of the address, how to do that ?
Whenever I try it takes to a private key encoding my wallet, not a specific address.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 03:56:36 PM

What do you mean by a "private key encoding your wallet"? Do you mean its a mnemonic or starts with xprv? Can you give us the letter it starts with if it's just a bunch of characters?
codehtcmail (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 04:05:13 PM

What do you mean by a "private key encoding your wallet"? Do you mean its a mnemonic or starts with xprv? Can you give us the letter it starts with if it's just a bunch of characters?

Yes I only found the xprv, starting xprv9s......

I need the private key of 2 BCH addresses, I go to the wallet and find only the addresses or the Copayer 0 public key starting as xpub6DE...
coupable

Activity: 2394
Merit: 757

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 11:50:32 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2021, 04:56:29 PM by coupable

Hi

I have unclaimed BCHA (now eCash) sitting in my Android mobile Bitpay wallet, but I can't find the private keys of the address, how to do that ?
Whenever I try it takes to a private key encoding my wallet, not a specific address.

Did you contact the support before post here ? There should be a support on how to extract the private keys.
If you are willing to get BCH from 2017 bitcoin fork, i think it would be a little bit harder, as new bitpay client versions don't seem to support the fork ad old versions will be hard to use if you lost access to it (no seed, no passord...)
Private keys in BitPay are encrypted by the password you set, you should be able to decrypt them using the same password. And bsed on your description, you seem not having the password anymore of your old wallet.
This link should be helpful for you : https://bitpay.com/blog/private-key-security/
codehtcmail (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 11:09:07 AM

Hi

Did you contact the support before post here ? There should be a support on how to extract the private keys.

I just did that and they gave me a way to get the private keys, not directly from bitpay wallet but through electron cash, which worked and now I am safely transferring my BCH to a totally new wallet and my ecash to an exchange to cash in a couple thousand dollars, christmas was early this year.
coupable

Activity: 2394
Merit: 757

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 06:26:52 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2021, 08:33:30 PM by coupable

Hi

I just did that and they gave me a way to get the private keys, not directly from bitpay wallet but through electron cash, which worked and now I am safely transferring my BCH to a totally new wallet and my ecash to an exchange to cash in a couple thousand dollars, christmas was early this year.

Glad to hear that you succeeded solving your problem. Smiley
I wish also to know more details about how you got them exactly. I have an old bitpay wallet too but i don't know if i own BCH from the fork as BCH wasn't yet supported by BitPay apps..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: