Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About the future value of non circulating coins: Collectable as real old coins?  (Read 79 times)
naf (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 09:13:29 PM

I have been retired from crypto since 2017, however, I received an email from Bittrex Global a few days ago saying that they were going to close a wallet were I had some balance. This was my 1ST firstblood wallet that they freezed for no reason in 2017 when they stopped working with 1ST (that is why I had this balance, because I was not able to withdraw my 1ST back in 2017).

Anyway, when I logged in to my old Bittrex account I realized that the wallet withdraw was available once again... but in the meantime the crypto had evolved from 1ST to DAWN. What is more, 1ST had swapped 1:1 to DAWN a few months ago and non swapped coins were put out of circulation. That is to say, my coins are not circulating and have no value.

In fact, I withdrew to Metamask and realized that 1 1ST < 0.000000001 ETH. Considering gas fee, it is not worth to me to swap my 1ST to ETH.

MY QUESTION IS:

May some day this noncirculating coins in my wallet be worth anything? May them have a future collectable value as happens with real old coins?
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1464

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 09:34:01 PM

Anyway, when I logged in to my old Bittrex account I realized that the wallet withdraw was available once again... but in the meantime the crypto had evolved from 1ST to DAWN. What is more, 1ST had swapped 1:1 to DAWN a few months ago and non swapped coins were put out of circulation. That is to say, my coins are not circulating and have no value.
I think you are partially responsible about this loss as you invest in projects that you are not ready to follow their updates. Exchanges are not supposed to inform you about the project updates (including blockchain swap).

MY QUESTION IS:
May some day this noncirculating coins in my wallet be worth anything?
Surely it will worth something if you can find someone ready to buy it from you. Until that time, don't expect too much.

MY QUESTION IS:
May them have a future collectable value as happens with real old coins?
This is also a possibility. But you have to be lucky enough because dead coins are almost much more than the active ones (+13k active crypto listed only in cmc).
Even so, for memorable collectibles, we have already created NFT tokens.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 09:38:49 PM

Perhaps? But a lot of the coins will just die out.

There is not enough capital in the crypto sphere for constant revival of old coins. You'd be lucky if you find just one.

I'd say that if you could, cash it out now. But if you have absolutely no way to exchange it then your second best option is obviously hold it.

Smiley
naf (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 10:36:53 PM

I think you are partially responsible about this loss as you invest in projects that you are not ready to follow their updates. Exchanges are not supposed to inform you about the project updates (including blockchain swap).

It was mainly Bittrex fault because they frezzed the 1ST wallets back in 2017, when they stopped working with 1ST. That is why I had that balance, I couldnt cash out my money back then. However, you are right that I'm partly responsible for not being up to date with the project (I thought 1ST was going to die anyway). In any case, this responsability made me think about "The problem of the constant need of being up to date to HODL crypto" as I posted elsewhere
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5369697.msg58373486#msg58373486

Thank you for your thoughts!
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 10:41:50 PM

There are a lot of cases that already encountered like yours experience OP, especially those coins that got a huge circulating supply and starting at a very low market cap, and of course price is very cheap. Before leaving an exchange and starting not to use it, they become "dust", where you can withdraw because of low value, and before, it will just eat by withdrawal fee.
These non-circulating coins could be related for those in the future especially if the project is still ongoing and the team is still actively working.
zonefloor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 524

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 11:05:00 PM

It's hard to say for sure. But I also have old cryptocurrencies in my wallets. Some, but not all, of these can be renamed and re-released. These name changes may vary according to the fomos of that period. Because of this fomo, he can leave good money. It is useful to follow them from time to time. Sometimes a big whale can get into these old cryptocurrencies and leave a nice profit. That's why it's worth following.
mm2543363580

Activity: 952
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 11:11:48 PM

I have been retired from crypto since 2017, however, I received an email from Bittrex Global a few days ago saying that they were going to close a wallet were I had some balance. This was my 1ST firstblood wallet that they freezed for no reason in 2017 when they stopped working with 1ST (that is why I had this balance, because I was not able to withdraw my 1ST back in 2017).

In fact, I withdrew to Metamask and realized that 1 1ST < 0.000000001 ETH. Considering gas fee, it is not worth to me to swap my 1ST to ETH.

MY QUESTION IS:

May some day this noncirculating coins in my wallet be worth anything? May them have a future collectable value as happens with real old coins?

If you are not interested in exchanging them at all, then you have nothing to lose. Just leave them in the wallet and see for yourself what will happen in the future.
However, I think that there are so many shitcoins on the market, and more are created every day that this type of dust will simply be forgotten. However, there is always a chance that there will be enthusiasts and collectors for whom it will have some value.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2021, 07:54:30 AM

The simple answer to your question is No. You may get some exceptions where some old coin might get some value but again the fees to send such a coin and the price you might get may not be worth it.

Typically a value of an article increases when it has some attraction to the common people. Art get value with time and so does collectible objects. But shitcoin? Use your common sense, man. It is better to forget you had some in your old wallets and then get over this.

Some user recently having been making this statement, so I dont know if some shill has been promoting this idea but it is BS for me. I for instance would never give those coins any value, but someone might, but finding out such someone might take longer than you know. Tongue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 08:50:35 PM

I hope that you didn't get into some phishing attempt, that would be horrible. Aside from that there were some attempts where people tried to create a token that basically swept all the bad tokens and coins in circulation, even if they worth under a penny, and then gave you their own token for it.

This way all those tokens and coins would be gone from the market, burnt, gone forever and there would be one that stand tall on top of all of the gone ones. However it did not work, the idea was great but eventually that token itself started worth nothing as well, there wasn't a reason to buy it, there was a good reason to sell your useless things, but wasn't a good reason to buy it, which made it go down a lot.
tulusikhlas

Activity: 1526
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 09:15:03 PM

Unless the dev plan on reviving the coin and restarting marketing from scratch it's a long way to go. That was if it happened, and in the end the conclusion would be difficult and never to return. Maybe with a new version or with a customized development at this point. If it has no value now, it means that the coin you hold has been abandoned and no longer has a bright future.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 542

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 10:39:51 PM

Perhaps? But a lot of the coins will just die out.

There is not enough capital in the crypto sphere for constant revival of old coins. You'd be lucky if you find just one.

I'd say that if you could, cash it out now. But if you have absolutely no way to exchange it then your second best option is obviously hold it.

Exactly, if you could make money out of those coins, then do it my any means, otherwise you might lose your chance.

At least you can still profit, because there are small chances that this old coins are going to be revive b the project itself.

They could simply die along the way in the future...

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1464

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 08:16:13 PM

It was mainly Bittrex fault because they frezzed the 1ST wallets back in 2017, when they stopped working with 1ST. That is why I had that balance, I couldnt cash out my money back then. However, you are right that I'm partly responsible for not being up to date with the project (I thought 1ST was going to die anyway). In any case, this responsability made me think about "The problem of the constant need of being up to date to HODL crypto" as I posted elsewhere
Since late in 2017, it's not that easy to spot a successful project even though you may be an experienced user. And this market got growth from the ignorant users who are just looking for "easy money" opportunities. Be sure that almost all the ones who got benefits by pure luck from investing in unknown projects (tokens) and almost all those projects in which they invested were moved by hype and just got listed in an exchange where other ignorant peoples will buy it.
Since then, we see a lot of projects (thousands) without being able to take a decision not based on luck. Something like gambling.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x