Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Index Certificate (like Nasdaq, S&P 500)  (Read 97 times)
Mankov (OP)

Activity: 425
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 09:16:43 AM

Is there something like a crypto index certificate?

So you buy with one certifcate
the top 100 or top 200 coins on coinmarketcap
with one click?

(Like a nasdaq or S & P 500 certificate in the stock market)
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 10:16:33 AM

I don't think that exists currently. And even if it exists, I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea. While a lot of people here on Bitcointalk are bitcoin-only people, I'm pretty sure even the biggest altcoin investors would tell you that this is a really really bad idea. Just so much crap even in the top 20 alone.

If you want a good balance of exposure to the cryptocurrency space, probably go 50/50 on BTC and ETH instead; or probably 45/45 BTC and ETH, and then feel free to speculate with the 10%.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mankov (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 03:27:36 PM

50% of my money is in bitcoin and ethereum.

I don`t know what to do with the rest of my fiat.

Any ideas?

I`m not so conviced to gold and silver anymore, because of bitcoin.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 05:52:59 PM

50% of my money is in bitcoin and ethereum.

I don`t know what to do with the rest of my fiat.

Any ideas?

I`m not so conviced to gold and silver anymore, because of bitcoin.

Mate if you don't know what to do with your money and where to invest it, then you might need to do your own reading. You shouldn't be doing investing if you're just going to go with my(or anyone's) recommendations. Probably hold on to your money until you find something worth investing in.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mankov (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 01:37:02 PM

I mean a crypto index like this. Would probably a great longterm investment.

CMC Crypto 200 Index by Solacti:

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/%5ECMC200#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

But it seems nobody can buy it.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1711

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 04:20:33 AM

Yes this actually exists. It’s called the Sh1tcoin Index Perpetual Futures and it’s by FTX listed on their exchange. I forgot which ones it includes but if you go to their website and click that link which describes what this index is and which coins it follows it will help you.

Keep in mind this won’t include Bitcoin obviously.

They also have 3x leveraged bull and bear counterparts for their index. So this is good to long when you think the dominance will go up or down to Bitcoin or if you think the markets will turn and alts will start to have a massive bleed.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 09:18:33 PM

Is there something like a crypto index certificate?

So you buy with one certifcate
the top 100 or top 200 coins on coinmarketcap
with one click?

(Like a nasdaq or S & P 500 certificate in the stock market)

I havent seen index certigicates listed on decent high volume/low spreads exchange yet, but Kucoin recently lauched AI portfolios. You can use it as "index certificate".

It looks like that:

There are many options to customize that. Portfolio is auto rebalancing.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 01:02:51 PM

I don't think that exists currently. And even if it exists, I'm pretty sure that's a bad idea. While a lot of people here on Bitcointalk are bitcoin-only people, I'm pretty sure even the biggest altcoin investors would tell you that this is a really really bad idea. Just so much crap even in the top 20 alone.

Not yet, but I've seen a few DeFi early-stage projects that were building with this concept in mind.

Despite some people being against this, there are a few who can't or don't have the time to take the trading or HODL-ing in their own hands, and even the new crypto adopters will be eager on this option. The way I see it, before we know it we'll something like this become mainstream because it fills a market gap.
Mankov (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 11:09:34 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2021, 12:21:12 PM by Mankov

Thank you I`ll take a closer look into it.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3664

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 03:14:14 PM

Do not stick to the labels, you will not find them with the same name, but you will find many bots that enable you to buy automatically and choose specific pairs of trades.
As for the reason for not developing such a tool, it is a failed strategy. By following the highest cryptocurrency over the three years, you will find that most of them have lost half their value or more, and every year new currencies appear that occupy first ranks and quickly disappear.

TOP 10 CRYPTOS 2019:
Bitcoin (BTC)
Ethereum (ETH)
Ripple (XRP)
EOS (EOS)
Litecoin (LTC)
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
Tether (USDT)
Stellar (XLM or STR)
Tron (TRX)

Source ---> https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/articles/1329/top-10-cryptocurrencies-2019.html

TOP 10 TODAY:
Bitcoin (BTC)
Ethereum (ETH)
Binance Coin (BNB)
Cardano (ADA)
Tether (USDT)
Solana (SOL)
XRP (XRP)
Polkadot (DOT)
Dogecoin (DOGE)
USD Coin (USDC)
Pages: [1]