Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:03:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A positive evaluation of gambling.  (Read 1072 times)
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 09:04:45 PM

-snip
yeah, I agree, gambling has more negative characteristics than positive ones and people here probably knew that since subjects regarding the negative effects of gambling have been talked about here on the board(at least every time there is a thread regarding addiction or related to it). I think it is not bad to sometimes talk about what positive characteristics someone could get from gamlbing.

for sure there are more negative aspects than positive ones
of course one can mitigate the negative aspects with practices like limiting bankroll and time available for gambling

it's good to talk about positive sides without ignoring the negatives, and doing the opposite too, talking about negatives without ignoring the positive sides of it
Nothing on this world doesnt have negative nor positive impact once you do engage with it and gambling isnt an exemption to that which you should really mind off on how things should be done on a controlled manner.

If you do let yourself get lost in track then you would really be having those kind of common problems with gambling.If you do really mind off
on how things do work then you would really able to save your ass.

Just be mindful on your actions then you would really make yourself able to avoid unfortunate things.

If you are just an occasional gambler, you will enjoy this game and maybe relax yourself from all the stress you are receiving from your life. But that's right, if you will not handle this well, you will end up being addicted to this game. So yes, everything in excess is not good. But you can always look at the positive side of this industry and apply to yourself so you will not be screwed with your financials but rather give you some relaxation when needed.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 09:20:43 PM

All of the things that you listed are double edged swords.

If you are taking positive EV bets, i.e. if you are an advantage player, then sure. Taking risks/developing resilience will be crucial in other aspects of life like investments.

But if you consistently take on -EV bets then there is really no point and you gain nothing out of it.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 09:30:21 PM

I think what I have learnt from gambling as well as crypto trading is how to move on from the loss, if we keep regretting about past is not going to change anything so that's what I say about gambling made me better which also helped me personally in lot of financially tight situation to overcome it but never misunderstand that I overcame with gambling wins because I am sort of unlucky so didn't made any considerable amount to be honest, I just let it to drain for fun and nothing more serious.
^ I have related your situation and we are almost the same and I think this was on the OP criteria, it should always positive mentality at all times even if you experience losses you don't need to quit or any regret that you gamble. That is our choice to gamble, so any negative outcome that will come just accept and move forward because regretting has nothing to do. However, thanks to the OP many of us here are enlightened about the fact that we must do, that is why there is no gambling addict on our community because they have already oriented.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1192

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 11:27:52 PM

From self evaluation and the evaluation of a few gamblers around me, i have observed that over time due to gambling activity, some characters worthy of emulation have been unconsciously developed by some.

Some of the characters that i have observed from the life of a few core gamblers around me and myself are;

-Development of Risk taking ability; to win big in life, you must be willing to try, and gamblers have so developed their risk taking ability.

-Development of the ability to quickly let go of things and move on; Dwelling on the past and the possibility of "what could have been" is really not healthy and it can weigh you down and distract you from "what can be". Though not so easy, gamblers have developed this ability to easily look ahead from the "near win" of yesterday, to try again today.

-Positive mentality (that is always believing that everyday we gamble, it may just be our lucky day for the big win).

- Consistency/ Not quiting attitude; Always trying regardless of  previous results.

If you see yourself as a gambler, i implore you to put yourself in perspective and please share any positive trait that has been developed in your life as a result of gambling.

PS: The purpose of this discussion is not in any way to encourage you to gamble more, but a pointer to show that amidst the dark clouds, there is still a silver lining.

Most of the "real" gamblers that I've ever met were honestly a wreck and not somebody who I'd ever like to emulate. Often they seem to have lost their way and end up mixing this addiction with other things like drug/alcohol abuse, which is a very dangerous mix. Unless you're doing it for fun and very sporadically, anyone with intelligence can see after a while that you're mathematically never going to make any sort of long term return on your money. The people who are clever with it take the time to understand the odds, how they are generated (whether poker pot odds or simply accepting random number generation via provably fair) and are still happy to go ahead.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2021, 02:07:50 AM

-snip
yeah, I agree, gambling has more negative characteristics than positive ones and people here probably knew that since subjects regarding the negative effects of gambling have been talked about here on the board(at least every time there is a thread regarding addiction or related to it). I think it is not bad to sometimes talk about what positive characteristics someone could get from gamlbing.

for sure there are more negative aspects than positive ones
of course one can mitigate the negative aspects with practices like limiting bankroll and time available for gambling

it's good to talk about positive sides without ignoring the negatives, and doing the opposite too, talking about negatives without ignoring the positive sides of it
Nothing on this world doesnt have negative nor positive impact once you do engage with it and gambling isnt an exemption to that which you should really mind off on how things should be done on a controlled manner.

If you do let yourself get lost in track then you would really be having those kind of common problems with gambling.If you do really mind off
on how things do work then you would really able to save your ass.

Just be mindful on your actions then you would really make yourself able to avoid unfortunate things.

If you are just an occasional gambler, you will enjoy this game and maybe relax yourself from all the stress you are receiving from your life. But that's right, if you will not handle this well, you will end up being addicted to this game. So yes, everything in excess is not good. But you can always look at the positive side of this industry and apply to yourself so you will not be screwed with your financials but rather give you some relaxation when needed.

As a matter of fact, I believe that at first, it would be difficult to see the positive aspects of gambling, given that the majority of people's focus is on making money. During gameplay, you'll notice that you're becoming addicted, which can lead to financial losses, but if you focus on the positive aspects of the game, you'll be able to keep yourself in check. We could see a positive impact if we really looked into it, but the truth is that most people are addicted to it, so we're more likely to see negative effects. Aside from the negative aspects, there are also many people who make money from gambling which is a positive side.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 02:28:46 AM

These qualities are worth appreciating and developing in every one. But you have to be very careful in appreciating them in the context of gambling. And this is what I want to really give weight to.

-Development of Risk taking ability;

Taking a big risk in gambling could be interpreted as throwing money away.

-Development of the ability to quickly let go of things and move on;

This is not wise in gambling. If you will never be affected by your growing loss, it will only become bigger and bigger, even nonstop if you can easily and quickly let go of it and move on.

-Positive mentality

If you are a gambler and you are always positive of the next round, you might end up losing everything. The next round is as gamble as the first, second, third, etc rounds.

- Consistency/ Not quiting attitude;

Again, in gambling, this will make you lose more rather than recover your losses.

So I do not agree with OP. This is not the silver lining. These are exactly the reasons why a lot of gamblers reach a point of no recovery.
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 03:14:53 AM

From self evaluation and the evaluation of a few gamblers around me, i have observed that over time due to gambling activity, some characters worthy of emulation have been unconsciously developed by some.

Some of the characters that i have observed from the life of a few core gamblers around me and myself are;

-Development of Risk taking ability; to win big in life, you must be willing to try, and gamblers have so developed their risk taking ability.

-Development of the ability to quickly let go of things and move on; Dwelling on the past and the possibility of "what could have been" is really not healthy and it can weigh you down and distract you from "what can be". Though not so easy, gamblers have developed this ability to easily look ahead from the "near win" of yesterday, to try again today.

-Positive mentality (that is always believing that everyday we gamble, it may just be our lucky day for the big win).

- Consistency/ Not quiting attitude; Always trying regardless of  previous results.

If you see yourself as a gambler, i implore you to put yourself in perspective and please share any positive trait that has been developed in your life as a result of gambling.

PS: The purpose of this discussion is not in any way to encourage you to gamble more, but a pointer to show that amidst the dark clouds, there is still a silver lining.
Well thats the first time i kind of heard the positivity that we get from gambling and I kind of related to this situation with my self and it surely It makes us take chances in our life and every day we think we can start from beginning no matter what happened yesterday just like in gambling, I am kind of bit happy after reading this. Smiley
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 04:32:44 AM

I think what I have learnt from gambling as well as crypto trading is how to move on from the loss, if we keep regretting about past is not going to change anything so that's what I say about gambling made me better which also helped me personally in lot of financially tight situation to overcome it but never misunderstand that I overcame with gambling wins because I am sort of unlucky so didn't made any considerable amount to be honest, I just let it to drain for fun and nothing more serious.
^ I have related your situation and we are almost the same and I think this was on the OP criteria, it should always positive mentality at all times even if you experience losses you don't need to quit or any regret that you gamble. That is our choice to gamble, so any negative outcome that will come just accept and move forward because regretting has nothing to do. However, thanks to the OP many of us here are enlightened about the fact that we must do, that is why there is no gambling addict on our community because they have already oriented.
Having a positive mentality is a must but if that is related to gambling, I think not many gamblers will have that because many gamblers still hard to manage themselves if they are losing their money. They can feel regret but on the other side, they will want to come back to playing other gambling games to try to recover their losses. OP already gives good information and that will depend on how we should do it because we can force other people to follow what we suggest. Hopefully, it could help many gamblers here and out there who visit this forum and read so much good information from other members.

Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 05:08:19 AM

Most of the "real" gamblers that I've ever met were honestly a wreck and not somebody who I'd ever like to emulate. Often they seem to have lost their way and end up mixing this addiction with other things like drug/alcohol abuse, which is a very dangerous mix. Unless you're doing it for fun and very sporadically, anyone with intelligence can see after a while that you're mathematically never going to make any sort of long term return on your money. The people who are clever with it take the time to understand the odds, how they are generated (whether poker pot odds or simply accepting random number generation via provably fair) and are still happy to go ahead.
Facts. No matter the amount of "positive" attitudes you develop in gambling, in the end, the context is it's still for gambling and nothing else. Honestly, never let gambling exceed what it's supposed to make you feel, or what its purpose is, which is enjoyment. Honestly, I'd rather develop hate for doing my job rather than develop a sense of "never giving up" attitude in gambling. They make me both lose money, but hey, at the very least, I don't lose everything in working, but in gambling? There's certainly a chance.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rodskee

Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 06:06:30 AM

Facts. No matter the amount of "positive" attitudes you develop in gambling, in the end, the context is it's still for gambling and nothing else. Honestly, never let gambling exceed what it's supposed to make you feel, or what its purpose is, which is enjoyment. Honestly, I'd rather develop hate for doing my job rather than develop a sense of "never giving up" attitude in gambling. They make me both lose money, but hey, at the very least, I don't lose everything in working, but in gambling? There's certainly a chance.
Never giving up is the term used for those who literally becoming an addicted in gambling , this is actually an attitude of combination of being greedy and being stupid.
How can you continuously bet when you can obviously that Luck wasn't a friend that time? when losses is what giving you?
this is not how gambling must be treated and if does then expect ruining your life for long.

davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 06:55:37 AM

That's a great list,OP.
However,all the skills mentioned in your list apply mostly for the gamblers,who play poker.
All the other gambling games(dice,slots,etc) can only help you to develop gambling addiction and nothing else.
I want to quote Rick from the show "Rick and Morty":"To live is to risk it all."
Life is all about taking risks,trying new stuff and having proper risk management.
You can't just stay in a bubble of safety/comfort zone and restrain from taking any risks at all.
You can't achieve anything in life that way.
Gambling can teach you proper risk management,but only if you have the mental and psychic stability.
Otherwise you will fall into the trap of addictions and depression.

Smartprofit
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1830

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2021, 09:08:29 AM

Yes, many people don't like to take risks.  Because of this, they are missing out on amazing opportunities. 

For example, investing in cryptocurrency. 

By gambling, you can bring new successful strategies into your life.  A person may be under constant stress due to the fact that he sees opportunities to dramatically improve his life, but is afraid of concrete actions.  Gambling can significantly reduce this stress.  The person will realize that it is not scary to act. 

Usually a person has 2 - 3 situations in his life when he can really radically improve his life.  This is a chance not to be missed.  The gambler is aware of these odds.  A person who never gambles may not even think about them.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2021, 09:53:21 AM

Yes, many people don't like to take risks.  Because of this, they are missing out on amazing opportunities. 

For example, investing in cryptocurrency. 

By gambling, you can bring new successful strategies into your life.  A person may be under constant stress due to the fact that he sees opportunities to dramatically improve his life, but is afraid of concrete actions.  Gambling can significantly reduce this stress.  The person will realize that it is not scary to act. 

Usually a person has 2 - 3 situations in his life when he can really radically improve his life.  This is a chance not to be missed.  The gambler is aware of these odds.  A person who never gambles may not even think about them.
Its not like they don't like to take the risk but they are afraid to lose everything since the only have is small amount which they try to roll out and earn little by little that's why we can see many got afraid easily on certain circumstances. But if majority of gamblers/investors has a lot of money for sure this risk discussion things will just be eaten by them since for sure they will gamble on what they think profitable to them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coin-investor

Activity: 2870
Merit: 580

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 10:19:11 AM

I agree there are positive traits that you can learn from gambling but this is something that's overlooked by many gamblers, not all gamblers are responsible gamblers who learned or got these positive traits, the majority of players have these negative traits developed that ruin their lives and their focus in their goal, the goal of every gambler is to attain moderation if they cultivate this trait they are on the safe side.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Smartprofit
Legendary

Merit: 1830

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2021, 10:40:20 AM

I agree there are positive traits that you can learn from gambling but this is something that's overlooked by many gamblers, not all gamblers are responsible gamblers who learned or got these positive traits, the majority of players have these negative traits developed that ruin their lives and their focus in their goal, the goal of every gambler is to attain moderation if they cultivate this trait they are on the safe side.

I would take as a model the hero of the novel by Robert Stevenson "Treasure Island" - the pirate John Silver. 

He was not a gambler.  He kept the money in deposits in various commercial banks.  At the same time, in each bank, he opened a deposit for a small amount of money.  He was afraid that he would be suspected of illegal activities.  He also did business - he was the owner of the "Spyglass" tavern in the city of Bristol. 

At the same time, he understood that in order to get rich, you need to be able to take risks.  That is why he organized an expedition to Treasure Island, where Captain Flint buried the treasure.  Silver understood that he could not achieve anything in life without risk. 

However, in gambling, you need to be able to control yourself.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1889

Shuffle.com

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 10:41:36 AM

Taking a big risk in gambling could be interpreted as throwing money away.
As what one posts above mentioned it goes both ways depending on how you look at the situation, taking risks could also mean knowing the good and bad, sure you might lose money at first but it doesn't hurt to lose a bit of money as you gain experience on not what to do next time you play.

This is not wise in gambling. If you will never be affected by your growing loss, it will only become bigger and bigger, even nonstop if you can easily and quickly let go of it and move on.
Having the ability to quickly move on is good because we have the tendency to overthink our past like if we did this differently it could've been better.

If you are a gambler and you are always positive of the next round, you might end up losing everything. The next round is as gamble as the first, second, third, etc rounds.
If you're not in your best mental state you can lose even more as you lose control of yourself by getting angry and placing rage bets so it's better to think positively or at least be in a calming state.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
AicecreaME

Merit: 454

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 10:42:30 AM

I agree to this.

Those positive outcome you get in gambling despite all of your losses doesn't mean that you can't use it or apply it in your everyday living. Regret after trying is always better rather than not trying at all and keep wondering the what ifs afterwards. Gambling might not be for everyone who tried it but at least they learned something in life that could help them to grow and try something else to make profits and earn huge amount of money.

Failing doesn't mean you're gonna failed every time you try. Failing means learning, and learning means profit.
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 11:07:57 AM

[snip]
Failing doesn't mean you're gonna failed every time you try. Failing means learning, and learning means profit.
Well just take a break and come back when you are okay, if you are always failed in gambling perhaps it is time to accept the fact that gambling is not for you and chasing losses is not a good practice. A positive view of gambling is good but, hey --if you always have to lose, just wake up and move to other activity that where you did not lose. Gambling is just for those who are willing to take risks, those who have amounts that they can afford to lose.
However, people who are seeking money on gambling are most commonly having those losses, and those who like, because they have fun, were usually will have profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 11:20:56 AM

Best not to look for positive instead find the negatives so you will not get deep into it the more you seek for goodness of gambling is the more you get deeper in playing in which will makes you become loser.
Gambling is not a place where you can just enjoy and win , we are either to Enjoy or accept being loser.
Sterbens

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341

Duelbits.com

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 01:56:50 PM

Again, in gambling, this will make you lose more rather than recover your losses.

So I do not agree with OP. This is not the silver lining. These are exactly the reasons why a lot of gamblers reach a point of no recovery.

Agree or not, the point is self-control in each gambler. Expanding the area is not an option because it's not all in the context that we can continue to be victorious. Responding to gambling must be mature, mature in the sense of understanding all the risks before and after gambling. Whether you lose or win, the next day you will come to the casino early with the hope of winning.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████