Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A positive evaluation of gambling.  (Read 1068 times)
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 11:39:47 AM

The things that you've listed isn't enough to outweigh the negative effects of gambling and to be honest, risk taking, positivity, moving forward and consistent can be developed in other ways, to be honest, I think those should've been developed during an individual's formative years. Be that as many people glamorize these benefits, gambling is a vice no matter what.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 01:02:54 PM

From self evaluation and the evaluation of a few gamblers around me, i have observed that over time due to gambling activity, some characters worthy of emulation have been unconsciously developed by some.

Some of the characters that i have observed from the life of a few core gamblers around me and myself are;

-Development of Risk taking ability; to win big in life, you must be willing to try, and gamblers have so developed their risk taking ability.

Of all the ones you mention, this is probably the most important one. We all take risks all moments of our lives, some are large and some small, but usually we do not get to choose which ones. The ability to take risks voluntarily and on a conscious level, weighting the odds is an ability that does not come naturally. There is an evolutionary reason for it - most of our ancestors would be dead if they decided to take too much risk, while small risks, like exploring cautiously, are natural.

DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 03:10:51 PM

The things that you've listed isn't enough to outweigh the negative effects of gambling and to be honest, risk taking, positivity, moving forward and consistent can be developed in other ways, to be honest, I think those should've been developed during an individual's formative years. Be that as many people glamorize these benefits, gambling is a vice no matter what.

The negative effects of gambling will certainly have a bad impact on all areas of life that we live, and I think it is precisely in gambling that we cannot find positive effects that can have a long-term impact for we life, so far we can see how many gambling addicts actually experience adversity in their lives and not infrequently even make their family lives shattered because of gambling.

bekti3

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 03:38:37 PM

The negative effects of gambling will certainly have a bad impact on all areas of life that we live, and I think it is precisely in gambling that we cannot find positive effects that can have a long-term impact for we life, so far we can see how many gambling addicts actually experience adversity in their lives and not infrequently even make their family lives shattered because of gambling.
in this case it actually depends on people's perspectives but when compared between successful people and people who fail at gambling, of course, it is clear that many people fail and are in a slump.
but on the other hand they will continue to always do that and even myself included in it, because indeed things like this will continue to happen considering the attraction of gambling is so strong.
and from here it is up to the gambler how they look from what side when they are getting ready to gamble. whether they can overcome emotions and greed or not because this is really important.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
dimonstration

Activity: 2604
Merit: 660

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 04:09:25 PM

Only few who really win alot and got properties or make their lives better will say gambling a positive job or activity. The outlook on how we will be able to use the winning and how to stop when loses occurs depends on us. Positivity will be in our mind and self control, others able to win in lottery and lost all their winnings in nothing but pure waste while others able to build their own business and keep their life going without going back in gambling. It’s just a matter of perspective and how we handle the situations.

Theones

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:22:32 PM

- Consistency/ Not quiting attitude; Always trying regardless of  previous results.

In gambling they say, "a winner is the one who knows when to stop". This mindset of "Always trying regardless of  previous results" is held by gamblers who are eager to lose everything in gambling. You need to analyze where are you heading, are you losing money again and again? If that is the case then you really need to take break, else you will lose everything.

madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2022

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:32:16 PM

By the way, I remembered the story of one successful bettor - Bob Voulgaris. Gambling had an obvious positive impact on his life: at first, he developed his own system for analyzing odds and finding inaccuracies (he specialized in the NBA) was able to win millions. After the world of big data (and apparently neural networks) came, he could no longer win as before, but he was hired to one of the NBA teams as an analyst.

Yes, I read about Bob Voulgaris. In addition to being very adept at analyzing huge amounts of information, he loved to play poker and even won quite large sums in poker tournaments. He really accomplished a lot thanks to the gambling industry and computerization.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:40:44 PM

Only few who really win alot and got properties or make their lives better will say gambling a positive job or activity. The outlook on how we will be able to use the winning and how to stop when loses occurs depends on us. Positivity will be in our mind and self control, others able to win in lottery and lost all their winnings in nothing but pure waste while others able to build their own business and keep their life going without going back in gambling. It’s just a matter of perspective and how we handle the situations.

Different people do have different perspectives in life. You made a good point by giving those examples.

It's undeniable that there are people who were able to win a lot from gambling but ended up losing everything back or just waste
the opportunities to make a good life after having a huge amount of money.

while some may succeed and change everything in terms of financial stability after having that chance
winning from any types of gambling.
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1045

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 05:50:04 PM

By the way, I remembered the story of one successful bettor - Bob Voulgaris. Gambling had an obvious positive impact on his life: at first, he developed his own system for analyzing odds and finding inaccuracies (he specialized in the NBA) was able to win millions. After the world of big data (and apparently neural networks) came, he could no longer win as before, but he was hired to one of the NBA teams as an analyst.
Yes, I read about Bob Voulgaris. In addition to being very adept at analyzing huge amounts of information, he loved to play poker and even won quite large sums in poker tournaments. He really accomplished a lot thanks to the gambling industry and computerization.
It can be said that he is a professional in the field of gambling if he has made a lot of money, especially if he has been recruited in one of the NBA, of course this is positive for him after doing the right analysis on the information provided.

So in real gambling there is a positive session if we take the right steps, for example from the one we are talking about, if we can master the field that we like including gambling then I think it will be a good evaluation for us.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:56:32 PM

- Consistency/ Not quiting attitude; Always trying regardless of  previous results.

In gambling they say, "a winner is the one who knows when to stop". This mindset of "Always trying regardless of  previous results" is held by gamblers who are eager to lose everything in gambling. You need to analyze where are you heading, are you losing money again and again? If that is the case then you really need to take break, else you will lose everything.
This is the risk of gambling and it's always a 50-50 decision no matter what but for those who are eager to win and has a plan how to win might achieve this but on the other hand, I bet this is somehow developing a chronic gambling disorder. It's hard to say to stop or continue to gamble since gambling is not for everyone and it's always a way to entertain oneself. If you look at it in a positive way then that's fine as long as you are not developing something that would ruin your life in the process.

But if you start to get anxiety and developing a stress when losing then it's time to think hard and stop what you are doing.

Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1121

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 06:19:07 PM

Gambling taught me to be careful with my money and increased my literacy because after losing a couple of times in any game of chance a person begins to study it more deeply. In addition, I believe that by trading cryptocurrencies and gambling a person can increase the level of self-control.

here's a good example of a positive side of it
of course it won't be like that for all the people but it can really teach some people and help improving self-control

the problem is for those it doesn't help, or even diminish self-control sometimes.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
alpamar99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 06:34:26 PM

It can be said that he is a professional in the field of gambling if he has made a lot of money, especially if he has been recruited in one of the NBA, of course this is positive for him after doing the right analysis on the information provided.

So in real gambling there is a positive session if we take the right steps, for example from the one we are talking about, if we can master the field that we like including gambling then I think it will be a good evaluation for us.
yes, like you said. because indeed everything must be based on hobbies and love of something we do first so that everything can go well.
and people who are frustrated in gambling that they lose are actually themselves, they are so greedy and use emotions in gambling that they make losses.
This should be realized by gamblers because they will always lose if they use their emotions and greed.

Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 07:11:59 PM

yes, like you said. because indeed everything must be based on hobbies and love of something we do first so that everything can go well.
and people who are frustrated in gambling that they lose are actually themselves, they are so greedy and use emotions in gambling that they make losses.
This should be realized by gamblers because they will always lose if they use their emotions and greed.
Realization do always come in the end and this had always be the case on which people do learn up things when they had able to experience on whats the reality.

Most of the time whenever we do start up on this venture we do really believe that easy money or profits is easy but once the reality had experienced
you would really tell that its never been an easy thing to deal with.

Making it as a hobby is dangerous thats why it would be good that you  do really treat it as an entertainment.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 07:26:09 PM

Realization do always come in the end and this had always be the case on which people do learn up things when they had able to experience on whats the reality.

Most of the time whenever we do start up on this venture we do really believe that easy money or profits is easy but once the reality had experienced
you would really tell that its never been an easy thing to deal with.

Making it as a hobby is dangerous thats why it would be good that you  do really treat it as an entertainment.
People always regret their actions after they have already experienced the result. It's a typical occurrence in this world for people to regret their actions in the end, but the best part is that you'll learn from your mistakes because you've regretted them. There are no simple things in life; those things that came up so readily were probably sheer chance, or they deserved it by working their absolute best the entire time. Gambling is not for the average individual who does not have a large budget for gambling because they are the most common victims of addiction.
KTChampions
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1901

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 07:53:30 PM

Nowadays it is rather sad to read such stories. Neural networks and bigdata have reached such a level that it is impossible to "beat" them - they see such patterns that a person does not even suspect. And now, looking into the past, we see opportunities that cannot (most likely) be found now. It's like remembering the times when you could buy a lot of bitcoins for scanty sums of money.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:17:58 PM

Bearing losses has been developed in me when I became a long time gambler who moulded his attitude in such a way that losses don't put me down anymore and I learn from my mistakes, write them down and try not to repeat them again. Gamblers who spend a lot of time gambling do understand the fact that be it their day or not, learning something new and being entertained from their gambling activities should be their main motive.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
South Park

Activity: 2898
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:29:28 PM

Gambling taught me to be careful with my money and increased my literacy because after losing a couple of times in any game of chance a person begins to study it more deeply. In addition, I believe that by trading cryptocurrencies and gambling a person can increase the level of self-control.

here's a good example of a positive side of it
of course it won't be like that for all the people but it can really teach some people and help improving self-control

the problem is for those it doesn't help, or even diminish self-control sometimes.
There are some activities that shape your character while there are others that reveal it, I think of gambling as an activity that reveals your character more than anything, when I see a person that is unable to control their gambling I cannot help to think they are that impulsive in many other aspects of their lives and gambling is just showing this in a very clear way, and when I see someone that controls it and even learns something from it I see a person that is well adjusted and that can deal with all kind of adversity life throws at them.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:32:38 PM

IMHO, this is a bit of wishful thinking.

If you are going to gamble, you are going in for the entertainment.

Don't place a bet thinking that you will learn lessons from it that will allow for your success in the future. That takes more time and effort more than anything else.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:50:53 PM

-Development of Risk taking ability; to win big in life, you must be willing to try, and gamblers have so developed their risk taking ability.

This is probably the single most important attribute that you can gain from gambling.

People love to plan out their life as if it was going to be a certainty, but this is definitely not the case.

To make money you need to be able to put up capital and risk it all, even if it's in vain.

Smiley
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:58:17 PM

I agree, there are still some merits to gambling if, and only if, positive attitudes and outlook on such an activity is honed and develop. Perhaps, what I liked most on what you stated is the fact that people learn to take risk in order to gain something. While IMO gambling is not the best avenue to take risks since the possibility of losing is always high, at the least we are developing some mentality that you need to bet some in order to win some.

Then again, it's hard to romanticize gambling so much, as it brings about more destruction than rehabilitation to a lot of people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: