Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S19j Pro 104TH/s --- not reachable  (Read 73 times)
DevR (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 07:30:51 PM

I recently purchased an Antminer S19j Pro 104TH/s from Bitmain.

I scanned my router to get the IP because IP scanner wasn't able to detect anything with the physical IP button on the miner.

Miner is connected via ethernet and in the list it says device: unknown, static.

When I try to reach the miner with its IP it doesn't connect, says 'host unreachable', tried ping but same result.

Please help me out here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 09:27:31 PM

I scanned my router to get the IP because IP scanner wasn't able to detect anything with the physical IP button on the miner.

Miner is connected via ethernet and in the list it says device: unknown, static.

When I try to reach the miner with its IP it doesn't connect, says 'host unreachable', tried ping but same result.

Please help me out here.

First of all, let's just say that the IP report button is pretty useless as far as what you are trying to do is concerned, in fact, it could create issues for you, so stop pressing it, if you bought the miner brand new then it comes with DHCP enabled, meaning that the miner will negotiate with your router and will be given a certain IP within the DHCP table range set on your router.

A good tool to use would be "angry ip scanner" to scan for all devices on the network, if that still doesn't solve your issue, it probably means the miner is configured on static settings which is almost impossible if you bought it directly from Bitmian, but either way, you can just reset the miner and will go back to DHCP.

Also, it's funny to say but please, make sure your network cable is good and that your router has DHCP enabled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DevR (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 10:32:32 PM

Please help me out here.

First of all, let's just say that the IP report button is pretty useless as far as what you are trying to do is concerned, in fact, it could create issues for you, so stop pressing it, if you bought the miner brand new then it comes with DHCP enabled, meaning that the miner will negotiate with your router and will be given a certain IP within the DHCP table range set on your router.

A good tool to use would be "angry ip scanner" to scan for all devices on the network, if that still doesn't solve your issue, it probably means the miner is configured on static settings which is almost impossible if you bought it directly from Bitmian, but either way, you can just reset the miner and will go back to DHCP.

Also, it's funny to say but please, make sure your network cable is good and that your router has DHCP enabled.

Ethernet cable works. Reset the miner a few times. Reset router.

Following is from device list from router:

Unknown | 192.168.0.4 | 3C:A3:08:67:7A:56 | Static | Ethernet | Active

But no luck accessing the miner. 

"Website not reachable"

Please advise next steps.

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2021, 11:07:23 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4)

Do you have another router for a test?

Network things should be quite simple with these.

DevR (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 11:18:14 PM
Merited by HagssFIN (1), mikeywith (1)

Please help me out here.

Finally it's Hashing!! It is indeed funny but network cable was the damn problem or maybe my IQ was. Thanks Mikeywith
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6374

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 12:34:27 AM

Finally it's Hashing!! It is indeed funny but network cable was the damn problem or maybe my IQ was. Thanks Mikeywith

Gave your first forum merit for reporting back, since most people just vanish after getting their issues fixed.

I know it's funny, it's too basic that I myself almost always forget to check it, sometimes we go as far as changing PSU/Control board before checking something so simple like a network cable or a loose ribbon cable, I don't think this has anything to do with your IQ, it's just how human beings are, we over complicate small matters way too often.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████