Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Casascius coin, 1 Bitcoin, loaded - Auction discussion thread  (Read 295 times)
thoughtfan (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 21, 2021, 08:07:51 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2021, 03:54:42 PM by thoughtfan

Please note this is not the auction thread.
To see and to make bids, see the LIVE AUCTION THREAD.
This thread is for queries, clarifications and comments i.e. anything and everything that does not belong in the auction thread which I request be used for bids only.

Casascius coin, 1 Bitcoin, loaded (brass, Series 2 2013)

• Photos: See live aution thread for photos.

• Starting bid: 1.05 BTC.

• Minimum increments: 0.01BTC

• End date and time: Saturday 2021-11-27 at 23:00 UTC

• Sniping: Any bid made within the last 10 minutes of the auction will restart a 10 minute clock for each bid thereafter*.

• Shipping: Not included. UK buyer: collection in person recommended from a secure facility. Overseas buyer: coin will be professionally packaged and dispatched by bullion dealers, with courier insurance offered for additional cost. Estimated shipping costs: Europe: BTC0.0005, International: BTC0.001.

• Custody: Coin is in the custody of https://twitter.com/bitgeiniog who will meet winner at secure facility or supervise its shipping by the bullion dealers.

• Payment:See live aution thread for payment address

• Payment window: The winning bidder has 24 hours to pay their final bid (to me or, if agreed, to escrow) otherwise, at my discretion, the next highest bidder may be notified and will have a chance to pay their high bid.

* In the event of sniping, the eligibility of bids will be determined retrospectively in accordance with the timestamp of bids posted, the winner being the highest bid received in accordance with the sniping rule above.

Again, please note, this is not the auction. Bids placed in this thread will not count.
To participate, place bids in the live aution thread.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thoughtfan (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 08:29:24 AM

Nudge + changed Subject to 'today' + question re. countdown timer:

Is the countdown timer working well for others? It seems to me only to give the correct time relative to the end of the countdown (beginning of the auction i.e. 2021-11-22 23:00 UTC) the first time I open the thread and consequently, appears to continue the countdown from last time I left the page. If that's the case for others, I'm inclined maybe not to use it as I had planned to for the auction page itself with countdown to auction end. Any feedback (on this or on anything relating to the auction welcome).
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 10:18:34 AM

Is the countdown timer working well for others? It seems to me only to give the correct time relative to the end of the countdown (beginning of the auction i.e. 2021-11-22 23:00 UTC) the first time I open the thread and consequently, appears to continue the countdown from last time I left the page. If that's the case for others, I'm inclined maybe not to use it as I had planned to for the auction page itself with countdown to auction end. Any feedback (on this or on anything relating to the auction welcome).
Countdown timer seems to work fine for me. It shows now 7h ~45min left and counting down every second

The coin looks nice even though it has some sign of corrosion. Don't remove it or attempt to clean the coin! You should put it in a capsule though Wink
thoughtfan (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 05:02:27 PM

Countdown timer seems to work fine for me. It shows now 7h ~45min left and counting down every second

The coin looks nice even though it has some sign of corrosion. Don't remove it or attempt to clean the coin! You should put it in a capsule though Wink

Thanks for your feedback and tips Smiley I'm sure the bullion dealer will have a spare capsule we could use Wink
thoughtfan (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 01:59:29 PM

Bump...

...as the tumbleweed blows through the apparent ghost town that is my auction..

...did I just see a glimpse of a prospective bidder hiding in the dark inside the saloon behind the swing doors?

...was that a prospective bidder that just peeped and hid again around the corner of the building?

...did a prospective bidder lying on the roof of the building opposite just pop his head up?

...or is this auction really an abandoned town where this coin will be picked up for a song?

I guess we'll find out on Saturday...

(No offence MJ, I acknowledge and appreciate your bid, and why wouldn't you start with the lowest? - it's just that your as-yet-unchallenged opening bid is 1/8th (in BTC) the premium this other one fetched recently)
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 03:39:46 PM

Bump...

...as the tumbleweed blows through the apparent ghost town that is my auction..

...did I just see a glimpse of a prospective bidder hiding in the dark inside the saloon behind the swing doors?

...was that a prospective bidder that just peeped and hid again around the corner of the building?

...did a prospective bidder lying on the roof of the building opposite just pop his head up?

...or is this auction really an abandoned town where this coin will be picked up for a song?

I guess we'll find out on Saturday...

(No offence MJ, I acknowledge and appreciate your bid, and why wouldn't you start with the lowest? - it's just that your as-yet-unchallenged opening bid is 1/8th (in BTC) the premium this other one fetched recently)

I was pretty shocked to see that brass Cas fetch the premium it did. Historically, a premium of .07-0.1 is average on brass Cas, with .1 going to those in excellent condition. That Scare City auction seemed like a unicorn to me.
thoughtfan (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 09:48:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Clearly not what I was wanting to hear and only Saturday will tell whether that was the case.

Having bumped this thread today, I'll bump the auction one tomorrow unless there have been any further bids to do it for me. An auction thread slipping to the second or third page is much less likely to find large numbers of potential bidders!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: