Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports betting superstitions.  (Read 471 times)
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 10:34:01 PM

My personal sports superstitions are based moreso on observations.

• If a team in the NFL is playing conservatively, I have a superstition they're playing to avoid injuries or avoid peaking too early in the season
  • If an athlete in mixed martial arts has bad cardio, I have a superstition they're using cocaine, steroids or having trouble finding motivation to train properly
  • If an athlete in MMA has good cardio, I have a superstition they're eating healthier than average and doing following certain training formats which contribute to it
  • If NFL players on the field, look whipped for no obvious reason, I have a superstition that groupies sapped all their energy

Superstitions are generalizations used in an effort to explain perceived patterns.

The basic and essential process is virtually identical to the early hypothesis stage of empirical science.

Superstition trends towards having a negative stigma attached, due to low levels of energy commonly invest into it.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 10:55:39 PM

Do you remember there was some topic in the past that explained about the people praying before making bets, I think there's a possibility it might work. We don't know everything about this universe and maybe there are beings that can help you fulfill your materialistic fulfillment.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 10:59:20 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2021, 11:11:20 PM by Mahanton

Do you remember there was some topic in the past that explained about the people praying before making bets, I think there's a possibility it might work. We don't know everything about this universe and maybe there are beings that can help you fulfill your materialistic fulfillment.
Yeah we do have lots and people do keep on making new topic in related to this which had been discussed out for how many times already but well you cant really stop people on making new ones which you cant really be stopped.

Superstitions turns out to be a common behavior for some gamblers because they had get used to beleive into something specially when they had won on the time they had prayed.
This behavior cant really be stopped but well its their decision whether they do push to believe or would just leave it alone.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 11:32:03 PM

Personally I haven't tried to be superstitious, but I've seen people believing in it. Not into gambling, but in day to day life. When one is going outside for some business or some sort of good things they used to wear some specific colored dress believing in the colour code and not on their act. Cheesy

In local while playing cards if someone has got upper hands he'll never leave the place. If that particular person leaves, to sit in that particular place lot is picked.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 11:45:37 PM

Yeah we do have lots and people do keep on making new topic in related to this which had been discussed out for how many times already but well you cant really stop people on making new ones which you cant really be stopped.

Superstitions turns out to be a common behavior for some gamblers because they had get used to beleive into something specially when they had won on the time they had prayed.
This behavior cant really be stopped but well its their decision whether they do push to believe or would just leave it alone.
Situations neither win or lose would really taught you on how reality works and on the time that you are already done on everything then you would really be starting to believe that it doesnt work and its up on someones mindset whether they do continue on what they do believe or would simply skip out because they do know that it is just delusional that praying would really be that relevant when it comes to gambling.Luck isnt something that can be influenced with these things therefore you should really act and do sorts of things to be sensible and wont really believing that these things does exist.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 02:37:02 AM

No, I am not at all superstitious. I don't have any superstition in sports betting and in other forms of gambling as well. I don't practice any of those weird superstitions before I bet on anything and during the game or actual gambling itself.

There is really no connection whatsoever between the result of say a football match and your bet. And for all we know both sides of the teams might have superstitious bettors. So either of them will have to admit that superstitions are not effective.
bittraffic

Activity: 2954
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 04:18:20 AM

No, I am not at all superstitious. I don't have any superstition in sports betting and in other forms of gambling as well. I don't practice any of those weird superstitions before I bet on anything and during the game or actual gambling itself.

There is really no connection whatsoever between the result of say a football match and your bet. And for all we know both sides of the teams might have superstitious bettors. So either of them will have to admit that superstitions are not effective.

I think because it's already 2021 and people are not very much connected to the spiritual world, superstitious beliefs I guess it's not for us anymore but the survey tells something else. I wonder who they are asking. 

We do find traces of superstitious beliefs though just like the team praying before they start the game. Maybe the rituals are not that effective anymore but we do have prayers for players and not for the gamblers.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 06:33:26 AM

1. Because they know that the winner will come to one of them, they do not mind if their family gets the money to increase the stake.
2. They blame themselves because they use too big money to bet on their team without thinking that they can not always win against the other team.
3. They feel bad luck but that will not let them stay away from gambling instead of still placing their bet.
4. It is exciting if we bet with our family because that can kill the boring time, especially we can not go outside freely. So placing the bet on sports betting can give us fun to our family.

It is normal to see fans being superstitious because that is happening in some areas and we can not blame them and say that gambling is not related to superstition. I do not believe in superstition while sports betting but I believe that superstition things such as ghosts and other types exist among us because they have their own dimensions.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 06:41:57 AM

All the usual nonsense.

But this is what makes betting fun, right? The fact that you feel like you have some sort of control over the outcomes, when in reality nothing is further from the truth.

If you are a serious gambler you should play with rationality and reject all of the things mentioned in the OP.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 08:38:39 AM

3. 38% people feel that they are bad luck and of them 84% were asked to leave the room during a game.

I kinda laugh at this one because this is actually true and still happening which I kinda think it's really childish.
We only thought a person is a jinx maybe because he picked a team contrary to what you have placed your bet on.
Sometimes, we get mad at this person because we think countering our choices brings bad luck to your bet.
It's not actually bad luck, you're just mad you didn't take his suggestion.
You won't usually feel the person is bad luck if he's not done anything since the beginning he's watching with you.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2352
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 09:46:15 AM

I recently got acquainted with a study where a company addressed the superstitions of people involved with sports betting.

Some of them were as follows :
71% of Americans feel “the stakes of the game are even higher when watching with friends or family, and love to up-the-ante by betting on the game’s outcome or a player’s performance."

2. 62% of the fans blame themselves for the loss of their teams

3. 38% people feel that they are bad luck and of them 84% were asked to leave the room during a game.

4. 59% always made friendly bets with their family or friends and insisted that they pay back with something weird or funny like taking tab off the bar or getting weird haircuts

2/3rd of the fans admitted to being superstitious.
Source : https://www.gamblinginsider.com/news/13954/tipico-study-looks-into-sports-betting-superstitions-with-intriguing-results

What do you think ? Are you superstitious as well while sports betting??

Superstitions are just mere beliefs of a person's mind. It is just a traditional practice and some sort of state of supernatural phenomenon and its manifestation on to someone's life and decision making. But in reality, this is just pure cultural and traditional beliefs that most people grown up with. Hence, it is really common that some people are used to being superstitious most especially if they are attending some event or making a decision. It is even included in our daily lives because the older generations can't let go of it yet, but I don't really mind as long as it don't interfere with significant matters in our life.

Personally, I'm not really a superstitious person. I have those kind of times too, but not as frequent as other people believe in it. I just become superstitious on very rare occasions and mostly it's just whenever I feel like having a good time. I do not base my decisions most especially the heavy ones on superstitions because I act in accordance to what I think is right and to how I strategized. It's just a matter of preference really if you will base your gambling decisions in superstitions. Although just do it at your own risk because superstitions aren't backed up by any scientific reasoning or probability. It would just be pure chance if the moment you bet and you won happened at the same time you believed and did superstitious ritual and the likes. I still suggest the most reliable way of gambling which is to strategize and be knowledgeable of the game before betting. That way, you know it to yourself that you made an effort to win and did not just put your hopes up to baseless assumption of winning by doing certain things.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1770

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 10:27:24 AM

What do you think ? Are you superstitious as well while sports betting??
Wait, are you talking about (superstition / unseen) magic, myth or the like, honestly I don't believe in such a thing, even though it exists, we know demons were created earlier than humans.

My gut feeling is that in the world of team football, training, strategy, coaches etc., that's the most important thing to determine if the club is successful, If the problems I mentioned above flared up within the club, it would be fatal, basically: playing unprofessionally and selfishly, meaning : feel I'm great, that's what happens now in the game of football.

Another reason, if the football club has been controlled by the international mafia and is involved in gambling (bribes) everything will fall apart.

So, superstition/unseen doesn't apply on the soccer field, logic, why at this time the greatest club of the past lost and associated with superstition, why it wasn't done in the first place, if it should, means that superstition doesn't exist.

What has happened so far in football matches, in my opinion, is purely caused by factors such as coaches, players/teams or corrupt mafia, not superstition/unseen.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 10:56:58 AM

Superstition and gambling has actually been going on for centuries, whether we admit it or not, but the belief in superstition is actually very attached to gamblers and even many of them may hold special rituals before gambling all this time.
But for me personally, gambling is nothing more than chance and luck, so sometimes I personally prefer to do research both from H2H, statistics, team performance, and the condition of the two teams that will compete before making a decision to bet

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 11:19:38 AM

I have come across that thread and it is about Superstitions of gamblers and also I have my own experience from a friend that has this rituals before going to casino houses .
and for me? it is not that trustworthy because most of the time he goes home as a loser than winner.
so with that what is the sense of this beliefs if it cannot even make a gambler richer?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 687

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 02:49:42 PM

I believe some people are superstitious but not me. I always believe that sports betting is based on probability, if you are good at analyzing sports, then your probability of winning is higher. I don't invest much of my emotions, I just make sure I have to be realistic all the time and if I lose, I move on and try to win next time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1236

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 02:56:33 PM

The only superstition I have really witnessed is when I was playing in a physical casino and some person told another one who was playing in the slot near him to go to play in another slot as he started to have bad luck as soon as this person started playing near him.The bodyguards intervened back then to put normality in the casino and this very person who told the other one to go away since the other one called the bodyguards,he left to play in another slot and I don't know what happened then.

In sport betting there are almost no known superstitions for me as you bet alone,you are not playing any slot and your are not in company of someone else most of the time,unless you go to the stadium,like I do when my team is playing but I don't blame anyone if my team loses is because they were not capable of winning and nothing else.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1120

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 03:21:52 PM

2. 62% of the fans blame themselves for the loss of their teams
This. I am here. Sometimes I think I am bad luck because I watched the game. Suddenly, I have the thought of "what if I didn't watch the game?" "Will the outcome be different?"  Grin Then, I start to blame myself because I am part of why they lose. Crazy, right?
I had that kind of superstitious belief ever since I became a fan of basketball. Like, if I close my eyes something will change, the future will change.
I think it also relies on individual history and experience. One time you didn't watch the game, they won. Another time, you watched it they lose.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 04:36:22 PM

All the usual nonsense.

But this is what makes betting fun, right? The fact that you feel like you have some sort of control over the outcomes, when in reality nothing is further from the truth.

If you are a serious gambler you should play with rationality and reject all of the things mentioned in the OP.
Not everyone who gamble would be serious as you are but it's their choice so let them have it. Wink
Rational thinking only works for people who do have a good strategy or plan when gambling but for people who just played gambling for mere entertainment only. Superstitious beliefs in betting is their only way to extend their enjoyment in order to win and play more.

Although, this kind of topic has been discussed in the past and a lot of reasons why people have a superstition when betting. We are all have our own beliefs in betting but if you think having a superstition won't work it's up to you. Since I think it's just all about the comfortability of playing and enjoying the game at the same time.

Smartprofit
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1813

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 06:29:07 PM

Not in my vocabulary. Never I will associate any superstitious-related thing in my sports betting experience. There are gamblers who are like that. It's not totally wrong to be like that in the first place as we have different beliefs.

Different ways to maintain winning stats - either trust our won analysis by doing research or rely on superstition. It doesn't matter in the end.

Superstition in gambling is a special case of magical thinking.  If a person has mastered the scientific method of knowing the world, if he knows the mathematical theory of probability, then he will never be superstitious. 

Winning (losing) in gambling is determined by the laws of the theory of probability.  There are also contractual sports matches.  Unfortunately, this is reality.  In poker, personal skills and abilities of the player also determine a lot. 

However, superstition has nothing to do with winning or losing in gambling.  Superstitions exist only in the mind of a person. 

Therefore, I am not superstitious.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Oilacris

Activity: 3038
Merit: 616

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 08:32:36 PM

Not in my vocabulary. Never I will associate any superstitious-related thing in my sports betting experience. There are gamblers who are like that. It's not totally wrong to be like that in the first place as we have different beliefs.

Different ways to maintain winning stats - either trust our won analysis by doing research or rely on superstition. It doesn't matter in the end.

Superstition in gambling is a special case of magical thinking.  If a person has mastered the scientific method of knowing the world, if he knows the mathematical theory of probability, then he will never be superstitious. 

Winning (losing) in gambling is determined by the laws of the theory of probability.  There are also contractual sports matches.  Unfortunately, this is reality.  In poker, personal skills and abilities of the player also determine a lot. 

However, superstition has nothing to do with winning or losing in gambling.  Superstitions exist only in the mind of a person. 

Therefore, I am not superstitious.
Might sound dumb but there are really people who do really believe on magical things which they do really thought that it does really work without any doubt thats why it do really end up on being becoming a habit which is really a very common behavior.

Not only limited on sports betting but also in other forms of gambling as well on where they do really believe that it do works and if they lost money then they do think that it was a fluke and they would come to test it out again.

This kind of beliefs cant really be something be removed and we would be continuing to see this.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: