Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I access my ETH address in METAMASK?  (Read 67 times)
paramind22 (OP)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 06:19:04 PM

Cannot find this answer.  I used to use MyEtherWallet and could work that fine, but I cannot access my ETH address that has a balance in it from MetaMask.  There seems to be nowhere to put in my private key.  I did it once before with another address which I can access but I would like to keep them separate.  I can use any browser, I have three so I don't have to use the same MetaMask account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 06:33:13 PM

If you don't have the private key or seed metamask of your address ETH you are looking there is no way you can access it. The only way to access is by doing that, If you still have some few metamask maybe you can check one by one where is the "ETH" address you are belong. Could be there has small chance, you still can access it and export the private key.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 06:40:22 PM

If you don't have the private key or seed metamask of your address ETH you are looking there is no way you can access it. The only way to access is by doing that, If you still have some few metamask maybe you can check one by one where is the "ETH" address you are belong. Could be there has small chance, you still can access it and export the private key.

I didn't say I did not have my private key.  I have it.  It does not seem to have an option to import ETH into MetaMask from your private key.  Need to find where that is. 

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 06:42:59 PM
Merited by paramind22 (2)

MEW and Metmask have the same derivation path, so if you are using the correct seed phrase and network chain, it should shows your ETH balances.

But if you want manually import the address using your private key, you can refer to this: How to import an Account

Thanks.  Is there a cheaper way to do this?  Why does the example show using a testnet?
You can ignore it. If you have the default network chain on Metamask, just importing the private keys should be good to go.
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 06:47:48 PM

MEW and Metmask have the same derivation path, so if you are using the correct seed phrase and network chain, it should shows your ETH balances.

But if you want manually import the address using your private key, you can refer to this: How to import an Account

Thanks.  Is there a cheaper way to do this now?   Why all the hype about MATIC working with ETH?  Also, why does the example show using a testnet?

Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 06:54:09 PM

I didn't say I did not have my private key.  I have it.  It does not seem to have an option to import ETH into MetaMask from your private key.  Need to find where that is. 

Just open Metamask, click on the round icon in the top right corner and select "import account" from the menu. There, select the type as "private key" and paste your private key. Everything should load smoothly.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Cornia

Activity: 1386
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 07:03:32 PM
Merited by Symmetrick (4), paramind22 (2)

I use Metamask Android App. I can guide you about how to add/import wallet on metamask through private key. First open Metamask app and click on the option button.

Then click on the account as shown on the picture.

Then you can find "import an account " option. Press it.

Paste your wallet's private key and press "import" button. All is done.
paramind22 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2021, 07:11:26 PM

Thanks everyone.  I was able to do it.  I have an ETH token that I traded before on MEW and it seems another problem I'm having now with MetaMask.  I want to import the Token because there are buy orders on it or I'll just list some sell orders.  But when I select import tokens and add the various names it seems to have it doesn't come up.  Should I put in the contract address? (I would have tried that but using 2 different browsers and just realized it).  

(just remembered to use some of my merit points for others, too)

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 07:22:32 PM

Thanks everyone.  I was able to do it.  I have an ETH token that I traded before on MEW and it seems another problem I'm having now with MetaMask.  I want to import the Token because there are buy orders on it or I'll just list some sell orders.  But when I select import tokens and add the various names it seems to have it doesn't come up.  Should I put in the contract address? (I would have tried that but using 2 different browsers and just realized it). 

(just remembered to use some of my merit points for others, too)
Yea, importing a token on Metamask doesn't happen automatically, you need to input the correct token contract, token symbol, and token decimal. In that way, your tokens will be able to show. Though, there's a way it will show some of the tokens automatically, but it's an experimental feature.

For the reference see: How to add unlisted tokens (custom tokens) in MetaMask and also I suggest you can look around on other Metamask support pages, there's a lot of educational and guidelines material about Metamask.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: