Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:58:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2021-11-23] Stripe to resume crypto support  (Read 72 times)
Daltonik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 07:58:26 AM

After the cancellation of accepting payments in cryptocurrency in 2018, Stripe talks about a possible resumption of work with crypto payments. Stripe co-founder and president John Collison did not rule out that in the future the payment company may resume support for cryptocurrencies. In an interview with CNBC, he noted that many solutions appeared on the market that attracted his attention, such as the Solana blockchain and the Lightning Network bitcoin micropayment network.

So in October, Stripe announced that it was recruiting developers and designers for the cryptocurrency division to create the future of Web3 payments. According to the list of vacancies, three employees are required for the new department
https://stripe.com/jobs/search?q=crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2021, 03:43:00 PM
Merited by Daltonik (2)

According to the list of vacancies, three employees are required for the new department
I counted 10 job openings for those three fields but regardless of that, this is the first time I'm getting the impression that such a brand/company isn't trying to introduce their own cryptocurrency, but instead, they seem to be more interested in building a platform or a product around other existing cryptocurrencies or their underlying technologies.
- Despite having limited knowledge in regards to back-end stuff, I have a good feeling about this [most of the time, it's exactly the opposite]!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6254

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2021, 04:21:05 PM

According to the list of vacancies, three employees are required for the new department
I counted 10 job openings for those three fields but regardless of that, this is the first time I'm getting the impression that such a brand/company isn't trying to introduce their own cryptocurrency, but instead, they seem to be more interested in building a platform or a product around other existing cryptocurrencies or their underlying technologies.
- Despite having limited knowledge in regards to back-end stuff, I have a good feeling about this [most of the time, it's exactly the opposite]!

Well with PayPal now slowly offering crypto payments to vendors (AMC to start) and with all the other people doing through other means commercial hosted ways (Coinbase Commerce / BitPay / etc) it's only logical that other businesses that are in the payment processing field get into it. If a merchant has to go elsewhere for processing some form of payments, it gives other processors a foot in the door so to speak.

Not going to happen soon, but lets say a merchant who wants to take crypto but not hold it goes out and does some research. They find Coinbase. Fine, they process the payment and take their cut and send it off to the merchants checking account. A few months later someone in the back office of Coinbase Commerce is sitting there with the word from their boss "generate more revenue". And they have the thought of we are processing crypto payments for all these people, how about we grab their credit card processing business too. We already have their info and the tech to do it. Lets see if we can undercut their current rates and grab that business.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
waybesuricata

Activity: 1750
Merit: 345

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 05:30:00 PM

The Solana blockchain and Lightning Network bitcoin micropayment networks need to become widespread. The interest in cryptocurrencies is increasing day by day all over the world.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Daltonik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 05:48:20 PM

Yes, indeed it is, this is my mistake, out of the available 10 vacancies there are three closed and 7 open positions, I just confused the vacant ones with the closed ones. Smiley
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
November 26, 2021, 08:53:32 PM

Well with PayPal now slowly offering crypto payments to vendors (AMC to start) and with all the other people doing through other means commercial hosted ways (Coinbase Commerce / BitPay / etc) it's only logical that other businesses that are in the payment processing field get into it. If a merchant has to go elsewhere for processing some form of payments, it gives other processors a foot in the door so to speak.

Not going to happen soon, but lets say a merchant who wants to take crypto but not hold it goes out and does some research. They find Coinbase. Fine, they process the payment and take their cut and send it off to the merchants checking account. A few months later someone in the back office of Coinbase Commerce is sitting there with the word from their boss "generate more revenue". And they have the thought of we are processing crypto payments for all these people, how about we grab their credit card processing business too. We already have their info and the tech to do it. Lets see if we can undercut their current rates and grab that business.

-Dave
While the costs associated with accepting crypto is generally lower than accepting credit cards, I believe the profit margins are much higher for the various crypto merchant services companies such as Coinbase and BitPay.

Coinbase probably has some money invested in fraud detection, but I think that most other merchants service crypto companies don’t, and I am not sure if Coinbase’s anti-fraud systems can translate into preventing cars related fraud.

In addition to fraud detection (and the costs associated with undetected fraud), there are also costs associated with participating in various networks, such as Visa or MC.

Credit cards are also a very saturated market, while crypto is not. I would personally predict that various credit card companies will get into the crypto business.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: