Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: peeling a casascius coin for sale  (Read 209 times)
coincollector24 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 09:38:48 PM

so I posted this coin for sale here and quickly got some messages from members here. Both are asking I set up escore but wanting me to peel the cion....does that make sense in anyway? after many messages they are calling me a scammer....i have the real coin, spoke with 4k auctions and other people and was specifically told NOT to peel the coin. so do i need to post the members asking me to peel the coin or am i doing something wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1721
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2021, 10:15:30 PM

FAAACK no don’t peel, scammers trying to manipulate you!

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
ArcusIsidar
Copper Member

Activity: 82
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM

so I posted this coin for sale here and quickly got some messages from members here. Both are asking I set up escore but wanting me to peel the cion....does that make sense in anyway? after many messages they are calling me a scammer....i have the real coin, spoke with 4k auctions and other people and was specifically told NOT to peel the coin. so do i need to post the members asking me to peel the coin or am i doing something wrong?
Peeling your own coin could be only your decision.
Why does those people call you scammer?
Who are 4k auctions and why should anyone care about outside forum things?
Peeling or not peeling the coin is your own decision.
If you going to sell it as "redeemed" the value will be different than "funded" of course.
In other hand, if you going to use the coins inside and then sell it unfunded that's something different.
Your question is also weird. Why you are looking to peel or unpeel the coin? Are you selling ot or you going to redeem it?
I am confused

Well known ex runescape gold buyer since 2005 with millions traded over years with off-site feedback:
https://www.sythe.org/threads/arcus-isidar-vouch-thread/
https://www.playerauctions.com/store/isidar/feedback/
RickDeckard
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 3017

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 10:21:19 PM

That doesn't make sense OP and most likely those members are trying to scam you. The phrases "set up an escrow" and "but please first peel the coin" will never match in the same sentence, mainly because whoever is interesting in purchasing an unpeeled coin will certainly not ask you to peel it. Do note that whenever you peel the coin the price will go down as it will be considered as not in its original state - which I'm sure you understand.

I still maintain the same reply[1] that I gave to you - improve your thread regarding the sale and I'm sure you'll come across interested buyers. If you're looking for a trusted escrow, minerjones has an incredible reputation around here and I would recommend you to use him.

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5371186.msg58434704#msg58434704

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
coincollector24 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 10:32:30 PM

i have messages from from in this forum that requested me use telegram to message, i can post all the messages...im not a scammer in anyway i was asking how to sell the coin to a collector,,, these people are asking me to peel the coin to send them the info so they can claim it on their taxes for income...no matter what the coin is worth more unpeeled so i was worried...so any scammer asking me to peel the coin and sending me 10 messages without responses is clearly sketchy....
coincollector24 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 10:40:52 PM

after talking with the people at 4k https://4k.com/market and 2 accountants
they said do not peel it in anyway, i was told by those asking for me to do the escrow and then peel it, i can meet at a police station or a similar safe location, im not stupid and these people messaging me are trying to be smart and use whatever credit they have here to twist shit....if any questions, message me and i'll send the telegram messages showing what i am being asked...the coin is 100% real and funded...no one would ever buy it for 1.4 bitcoin but only want the numbers under the hologram....or im stupid and people are buying old bitcoin codes for 1.4 bitcoin....
coincollector24 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2021, 11:23:37 PM

hahaha, are you the one who asked for me to use a certain person then minutes later that same person messages me asking to buy the coin in same fashion? yea anyone asking me to peel the coin for them and sending me 10-15 messages without response I said send me a deposit...i have every message sent to me and can share the text
coincollector24 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 12:54:56 AM

i am looking at the message right now, it says " you can keep the brass metal, I am more interested in the private key and the coins inside so you can sell the unfunded coin for extra cash"
coincollector24 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 01:14:03 AM

go look at my original post, i was trying to figure out what is the process to sell this type of coin, the grading company that used to deal with them no longer accepts them due to the risk, so its not something simple to sell, so because i wont rush and sell the coin I am a scammer? I said to whoever i messaged on telegram i have only sold coins valued up to 2,500 dollars... I also said my plan was to sell when bitcoin hit 80-100k and sell at 1.2-1.3 bitcoin, if you are the one messaging me you offered 1.4...which alone made me question...I aint scamming anyone...i have the coin and wont sell unless i feel safe and that the SAME FOR ANY BUYER! if you want to scam me you are more then welcome to send me a deposit...you also said you were buyer for another person and couldnt even give details on what location you are in so we could work out what process works...I never used escrow for anything but house taxes soooo, I need to talk to people other then people messaging me on telegram to find out the safe process...but people telling me im a scammer because im not sending codes out...im not gonna back down and dont care what any one trying to buy the coin says...I been scammed out of 20$ before im not getting scammed out of 60-100k
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 02:49:18 AM

i am looking at the message right now, it says " you can keep the brass metal, I am more interested in the private key and the coins inside so you can sell the unfunded coin for extra cash"
Feel free to post the screenshot of the message here.

In anyway, funded coins can be sold peeled or unpeeled but prices may differ, of course.

I'm sure there will be interested on old bitcoin funded on physical coin, coz it can be redeemed on different bitcoin fork which have much value now. But I didn't heard someone sold it to someone yet. Coz redeeming by yourself is much reasonable than selling it to someone which will give them the benefits of the volatility price (higher value sooner/later) of the fork.

Regardless of someone want to buy the physical coin peeled or unpeeled or just the bitcoin/private key, escrow is a must not unless if you trust the buyer, but escrow is still recommended before doing the transaction.
Steeley

Activity: 1125
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 04:58:16 AM

This thread is a little wild and I am not commenting on who is a scammer etc., but will say there are a lot of people hanging around this forum looking for any angle. Be careful, avoid telegram, use escrow, avoid links. No one serious here is going to ask you to peel and send money for tax write offs or any other crazy backwards thing.

I agree with Spokanistan. These coins are become more rare every year and loaded ones are historical prizes. You have to do what is right for you financially, but if you can stomach selling such a high priced item loaded, rather than peeled,  then it is a win for the collecting community in my opinion.

Steeley

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 10:13:52 AM

after talking with the people at 4k https://4k.com/market and 2 accountants
they said do not peel it in anyway, i was told by those asking for me to do the escrow and then peel it, i can meet at a police station or a similar safe location, im not stupid and these people messaging me are trying to be smart and use whatever credit they have here to twist shit....if any questions, message me and i'll send the telegram messages showing what i am being asked...the coin is 100% real and funded...no one would ever buy it for 1.4 bitcoin but only want the numbers under the hologram....or im stupid and people are buying old bitcoin codes for 1.4 bitcoin....

“after talking with ….2 accountants
they said do not peel it in anyway”

But what did your dentist advise? 😂

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: