Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:58:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARCHIVED  (Read 631 times)
bitcoiner24h (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 813
Merit: 54

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 27, 2021, 06:00:28 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2022, 07:02:54 PM by bitcoiner24h

ARCHIVED
TxCryptoKid
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 27, 2021, 06:12:13 PM

.018 ₿
bitcoiner24h (OP)
Copper Member

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 29, 2021, 07:57:29 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2021, 04:12:38 PM by bitcoiner24h

.018 ₿ current bid
CoinHeated
Copper Member

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2021, 04:54:58 PM

I'll go 0.025
bitcoiner24h (OP)
Copper Member

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 30, 2021, 05:53:00 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2021, 04:50:35 PM by mprep

I guess it's obvious, but just to be clear: it's auctioned unloaded, isn't it?  Smiley

Unloaded, thanks

Last hours to end

last minutes

I'll go 0.025

winner! thanks for the bids

I'll go 0.025

Winner, you have 24 hours to make the payment or the auction will be canceled and I will report you.
Thanks

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
CoinHeated
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 04:25:30 AM

Is it because I am too new that I can't post the photo of the sent payment?  I can't include it in DM either.  I'm starting to get the feeling I just got scammed.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2253

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 12:55:45 PM

Is it because I am too new that I can't post the photo of the sent payment?  I can't include it in DM either.  I'm starting to get the feeling I just got scammed.

there is no need to post a "photo" - if you made a pymt you only need to post the transaction id.  and why would you have sent the pymt prior to auction ending?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 01:27:53 PM

In case bidder(s) disappear or are no longer interested, I would take the bar for .02
Please send a PM if it develops in that direction.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 02:00:19 PM

Would it not go to the next higher bidder? Though your offer is higher - I think the proper thing to do is to award to next higher bidder.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
CoinHeated
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:06:14 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2021, 04:46:50 PM by mprep

Would it not go to the next higher bidder? Though your offer is higher - I think the proper thing to do is to award to next higher bidder.

OK, I'm NOT trying to back out of this auction.  I'm trying to figure out what happened to the payment I sent to the person that seemed to be impersonating the seller.  It looks like I got scammed.  I really just need to figure out what happened before sending ANOTHER 0.025 BTC to another wrong address.  I generally only HODL bitcoin, I literally have only sent to another person once or twice.

User CoinHeated says that he has paid, these are the messages, as you can see there is no payment in the address that I have provided:
bc1qaz7u2hly93lq09ap3xy4gh9u7q96kwcg4eerg0

https://www.blockchain.com/es/btc/address/bc1qaz7u2hly93lq09ap3xy4gh9u7q96kwcg4eerg0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miserable bastard.  Here is your stupid payment.  Thanks so much for not helping me in any way shape or form figuring out if it was really you or not that I sent the same amount to just yesterday. 

Payment sent.
d6a3760914e97de8d20644a2c9ceba45d04d2b30c40b99fc200ca50322576b57

and now that my copper membership is finally working, I can reply more than just a few times per day.  That was also an issue I was facing in all of this.  I LITERALLY could not reply, despite having bought the copper membership, it wasn't taking, so every time I tried to reply, it said I had to wait longer.

Here is what I sent previously, which I am now thinking is a scam, which sucks ass:

And sorry again, because it has been a very long time since I've used a message board where I had to do html inserts for posting a photo.  Another reason I wasn't able to reply better yesterday.

Serious about of hostility towards me on this, and I really don't understand why.  I'm an honest person and it seems I just got scammed.  Just trying to figure out what the hell really happened, and more so, document it to prevent it from happening to others.

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:28:59 PM

Probably should have waited a bit before posting DMs and I'm sorry to see you were potentially scammed.  Do you have screen shots of whomever told you to send them a payment before the auction even ended.  Did you ask them why they were requesting payment before the auction ended? 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CoinHeated
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:32:41 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2021, 04:47:58 PM by mprep

and just because we are being so hostile here, here is the second payment I've made now to the "correct" address in all its glory:

Anything else I screwed up this time?

Probably should have waited a bit before posting DMs and I'm sorry to see you were potentially scammed.  Do you have screen shots of whomever told you to send them a payment before the auction even ended.  Did you ask them why they were requesting payment before the auction ended? 

I actually had a really nice chat with whoever it was.  Probably chatted for a good 30 min or more on different things.  It was quite pleasant actually.  And then to go from that, thinking everything was fine and good and everyone was happy to being put on total blast that I'm a scammer and am going to be reported and just general hostility and no help at all trying to figure out what really happened has been extremely disappointing.  It's bad enough to have sent someone the funds.  That alone I could get over with mild annoyance and lesson learned.  But to then be ostracized for not IMMEDIATELY making a second payment within the 24 hour period is far worse.  I generally have strong trust in the BTC community, and I do get that scammers are everywhere.  All I ever wanted was some help in figuring out what really happened, that's it.  My frustration was amplified in not realizing the limitations of non-copper members, so that took me a little while to get resolved as well.

Probably the worst buying experience I've had in a very long time.  Sad

And unless I need to send a third payment to someone else, I'm done, payment has been sent again, to the address listed in this forums, and verified and done.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 02:55:32 PM

You had a nice chat with the fellow because he was robbing you. First flag should have been thst the auction was not over - 2nd flag was that you were communicating with them outside of forum (I assume this because until recently you had limitations) all you needed to do was to share the txn id. I would ask - what did you receive and from whom did you receive a message with a different address? Or a link to communicate outside the forums?

There are scammers constantly watching these threads to prey upon buyers and sellers alike.

From what I saw, seller asked for pymt when auction concluded and you told them you sent it the day prior.

Had you explained at that point that someone had contacted you and given you a different address - it might have helped - as well as including that txn id.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
bitcoiner24h (OP)
Copper Member

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:59:00 PM

I actually had a really nice chat with whoever it was.  Probably chatted for a good 30 min or more on different things.  It was quite pleasant actually.  And then to go from that, thinking everything was fine and good and everyone was happy to being put on total blast that I'm a scammer and am going to be reported and just general hostility and no help at all trying to figure out what really happened has been extremely disappointing.  It's bad enough to have sent someone the funds.  That alone I could get over with mild annoyance and lesson learned.  But to then be ostracized for not IMMEDIATELY making a second payment within the 24 hour period is far worse.  I generally have strong trust in the BTC community, and I do get that scammers are everywhere.  All I ever wanted was some help in figuring out what really happened, that's it.  My frustration was amplified in not realizing the limitations of non-copper members, so that took me a little while to get resolved as well.

And unless I need to send a third payment to someone else, I'm done, payment has been sent again, to the address listed in this forums, and verified and done.

Please can you show the screenshots of the scam
Why did you send a payment before the auction ended?

say which user contacted you to report to the moderators.

CoinHeated
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:59:45 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2021, 04:44:12 PM by mprep

You had a nice chat with the fellow because he was robbing you. First flag should have been thst the auction was not over - 2nd flag was that you were communicating with them outside of forum (I assume this because until recently you had limitations) all you needed to do was to share the txn id. I would ask - what did you receive and from whom did you receive a message with a different address? Or a link to communicate outside the forums?

There are scammers constantly watching these threads to prey upon buyers and sellers alike.

Yes, I get it.  Whoever it was, was very good.  VERY good.  I normally am in high-defense mode when buying things online.  It is entirely my fault I let this slip through, and I got took.  It's true that I am new member to this site, but I am a veteran of IT.  I've been lurking a long time, but never really posted before. 

As I mentioned, if I had just simply figured out that I was scammed, and was treated decently and had some help in figuring out what really went on, it would have been no problem on my end.  But instead I was met with a stone wall and a countdown timer.

So, now it's paid again, unless I've gotten scammed again.  And if so, I just can't pay it a third time, and I'll just have to get reported.

Please can you show the screenshots of the scam
Why did you send a payment before the auction ended?

say which user contacted you to report to the moderators.

Well, that is part of the problem.  It came via Telegram, and it seems all info was nicely removed after the scam was over.  I'm only left with the lovely reminder in my wallet, along with the title I put in so I would know what that payment was for.  I have already posted that earlier now that I figured out how to embed image urls directly again (I just haven't had to do it this way in a decade or so).

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 03:04:22 PM

Curious - how did the user have your telegram?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
enayet
Copper Member

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2021, 03:05:35 PM

Yes, I get it.  Whoever it was, was very good.  VERY good.  I normally am in high-defense mode when buying things online.  It is entirely my fault I let this slip through, and I got took.  It's true that I am new member to this site, but I am a veteran of IT.  I've been lurking a long time, but never really posted before.  

As I mentioned, if I had just simply figured out that I was scammed, and was treated decently and had some help in figuring out what really went on, it would have been no problem on my end.  But instead I was met with a stone wall and a countdown timer.

So, now it's paid again, unless I've gotten scammed again.  And if so, I just can't pay it a third time, and I'll just have to get reported.

So... are you going to say who scammed you? Screenshots?
CoinHeated
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 03:06:26 PM

same name as my name here. 
bitcoiner24h (OP)
Copper Member

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 03:16:11 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2021, 04:49:26 PM by mprep

I propose to use an intermediary for the shipment.
I send the BTC to the intermediary and I will also send him the kialara, he is in charge of sending the kialara to CoinHeated

is that ok for you?

Also if you prefer I can refund your money to the address you provide and I close the auction

Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 03:21:44 PM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Hi Coinheated, I’m going to assume this is the same Coinheated who won the auction at scarce.city recently for a 2015 Original @ a sizeable sum... just seeing this all and I’m sorry you had this happen. I’ll contact you this evening at the email you emailed me at when offering to donate a miner to the tribe in Brazil. I want to send you out something to soften the blow a little.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: