Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:40:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine Altcoin from my own node  (Read 95 times)
bottlejack1 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 02:12:33 AM

I am trying to mine with an asic from my own node.

The node seems to be running and the asic will mine to a pool,  I just cant get them to play together

I am pretty green with network stuff.

Thanks an advance
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 03:59:30 PM

What coin are you mining?
Hopefully it's not Bitcoin or Ethereum.
If the network hashrate is very large, then it is better to mine using a mining pool, because you may never find a block.
If you have 1 ASIC, then it is better to calculate the success rate first, or follow the instructions for solo mining pools.
jack3rror

Activity: 94
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 04:06:00 PM

Most of miners and firmwares speaks with jsonrpc 2 via stratum.

Bitcoin Core doesn't handle stratum. Mine via a mining pool or implement your own Smiley.

SOLO Mining pool : soloblocks.io
Your farm needs us.
bottlejack1 (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:28:04 PM

there are no pools to mine to..

I am trying to learn..  looking to connect a asic to a node..   right now i have an ip address that is (listening for a client) and ansi that is trying to connect to a pool (the Ip that is listening but its not connecting)

I dont want to use a pool..  i understand difficulty......  not what i am looking for i have other miners doing that....

Possible issue 1 the node does nto have a stratum. and possibly the miner need that to connect.   mind you i dont think that is the case.   also i might not have the node set up properly.. i am not sure if there is an easy way to test that the node is excepting miners looking for a job.

I am looking for some people that have set up nodes with a home miner..  not looking to us any external pool site..

thetruthisheresnowflake

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 02:47:17 AM

You cannot mine to any of the newer wallets I think since 2015 or 2016 that ability was removed from BTC so any coin that was cloned or forked from the newer versions you cannot mine to.
A lot of the ASICs REQUIRE stratum to work also, so you would need to install a pool for yourself.
Google nomp or unomp there are many tutorials on how to install and configure a local pool for yourself. Some basic linux knowledge is needed.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 03:05:23 AM

I actually tried to do something similar back in 2016 with a Antminer S3 and got it to run partially using Getwork. No idea which ASIC you got but it might have a Getwork option and you might be able to mine it that way. For me it connected and mined for a couple minutes and then kept stopping so I just gave up. Maybe you will have better luck.

If it doesn’t work then you need to basically open your own local pool and have the ASIC connect to the pool using stratum and you won’t get issues this way. Keep in mind it won’t work doing this on Bitcoin since the hashrate is way too big.
bottlejack1 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 11:09:05 PM

Thanks I will give nomp, unump and get work a look..  i think your correct that i need a stratum..   i just have to get the node to accept it. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: