Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:11:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Very Own Song or Ringtone! (for individuals or companies) - 15 BTC  (Read 1046 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 01:00:47 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2012, 09:42:45 PM by the joint

Show artists some BTC love!  Who wouldn't want their very own song?

So, I wanted to try to do something a little more interesting and offer a unique and meaningful product.  Here is what I came up with.

I'm a musician.  I play guitar, piano, and bass quite well and have a respectable in-home recording setup.  I would like to be able to both get a return on my musical hardware investment and offer you something original...your very own song in any style that you choose.  Whether it's classic rock, jazz, blues, heavy metal, techno, alternative, or classical (or anything else you can think of), I will take serious time in writing, recording, editing, and producing an original song for you.  

The price?  10-15 BTC, but every song will be negotiated individually.  Keep in mind the total time involved for each song will easily exceed 10 hours and will likely approach 20-30 hours.  I think 10-15 BTC is actually extremely reasonable given the amount of time I will spend writing each song,  but then again, I'm no professional (actually, legally I am since I've been paid on numerous occasions for live shows) and it's a very fun activity for me.   I do, however, have some music samples of recordings available upon request.  

Here's what the process includes...
-  Taking the time to write and learn all parts on all instruments
-  Taking time to set up all equipment, adjust mics and volumes, adjust and select proper instrument tones, tuning instruments (this often happens dozens of times throughout the recording process) etc.
-  Taking time to record several test runs to fine tune instrument sounds
-  Recording each instrument
-  Mixing and editing.  This is an extremely tedious process as it involves tons of fine adjustments and repetitive listening to make sure the song is consistent in volume, pitch, rhythm, and tone quality, that subtle touches have been included to reduce background noise and to eliminate or accentuate certain pitch frequencies on every instrument, and that each instrument sits properly in the virtual sound environment.
-  Basic mastering and production

Stipulations include....
1)  Songs will be instrumental only.  If a singer is very important to you, it will cost extra.  I know several singers and am a decent singer myself, but I have limited experience recording vocals and it will require much additional time to perfect.
2)  A small, initial non-refundable deposit will need to be submitted prior to me getting to work on your song.
3)  Final product can be sent to you digitally in either .mp3 or .wav formats or can be burned to CD and shipped to you at no charge.  Edit $5 USD/BTC for international shipping outside of USA and Canada.

Note  If you are a website or company and need songs, jingles, or original sound clips, send me a pm and we can negotiate something.  Sound clips or jingles will cost less due to their length.

My guarantee
You will receive my absolute best effort.  Every song will be thoughtful and tailored to your requests.  

Additionally, I thought it would be interesting to have an eventual permanent sticky in "off-topic" of members and their corresponding, individualized songs if enough people request this.  It'd be fun to check out your friends or favorite members and see what songs were written for them   Smiley

Hey theymos, need an official Bitcoin forum song?

Edit  Thanks to the lovely suggestion by Trippp posted below, I am also offering personalized 30-second .wav or .mp3 clips for ringtones!  5 BTC each.  Have a ringtone that nobody else in the world will ever have!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 01:14:02 AM

What would you charge for the following.

Opening and Closing sequence for a podcast. And possibly some 5,10 and 15 second clips of the same song for going in and out of comercial.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 01:20:20 AM

What would you charge for the following.

Opening and Closing sequence for a podcast. And possibly some 5,10 and 15 second clips of the same song for going in and out of comercial.

Well, what I could probably do for you then is give you 30-45 seconds of straight material.  Then, after you receive it, you can get back to me on which sections you would like divided up and I can send those shorter clips to you in .mp3 or .wav...whatever you prefer.  So, you could say "I would like a .wav of the section from 6 seconds-19 seconds in the clip."  3.5 BTC for this.  Edit:  1 BTC up front.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 11:04:28 PM

Bump.  You all know you'd jump on this immediately if it was for 1.5 BTC.  Now, shift the decimal cognitively, not emotionally  Grin
trippp

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 07:42:23 PM

Business idea for you: Personal ringtones (30 second personal song) for 5 BTC.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:36:27 PM

Business idea for you: Personal ringtones (30 second personal song) for 5 BTC.

Actually, that's a great idea!

It looks as though there are some free web converters that allow you to convert an mp3 or .wav to a ringtone.

I'll add this as an option as well!   Thanks!

So, who's interested in their very own personalized ringtone?

Support local music/me!     Grin
scarletwolf

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:08:13 PM

i like the idea but would like to see somthing you have already done in order to judge the sound so to say:)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:19:24 PM

i like the idea but would like to see somthing you have already done in order to judge the sound so to say:)

http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-1
http://soundcloud.com/musicmelody123/sample-2

Here are 2 samples of songs I'm currently working on.  I actually started them a long time ago but didn't have access to a good bass guitar for some time, so they're missing some instrument parts.  They aren't complete, but they are getting there.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 07:45:59 PM

Bumped!  Any takers?
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 02:09:45 PM

How about a valentine ringtone for my girlfriend? Do you think you could do that?

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 11:47:16 PM

How about a valentine ringtone for my girlfriend? Do you think you could do that?

Wow, didn't think I'd see this thread pop up.

When would you need the ringtone by?  If you wat something original by tomorrow, that's essentially an impossibility unless you want me to just cut a section from a pre-written song and use that.  If you want to go this option, 1 BTC price.  I can make one in 10 minutes using a song I've already recorded and give you a download link, but I only have one pre-recorded song that could work for this, and I believe I linked it i this thread (it's the acoustic-sounding one). 

I also have an unrecorded-but-complete piano song that I could use for it that sounds like it would fit with a valentine's theme.  4 BTC for this as I would have to record it. 

But, if you're looking for something original from scratch with multiple instruments by tomorrow, no way is it going to happen unless you got  like 50 BTC lying around  Grin 

I'd ask less for these (4 BTC for the 2nd option is a bit ridiculous IMO) but I'm under the weather, I just got home from work, and I have class all day tomorrow.  The price has to outweigh my complete desire to not do anything but sleep.

If by chance any of these options appeals to you, let me know.  Or, if you think your girlfriend wouldn't mind receiving it after valentines day, let me know that too and we can work out specifically what you'd like.
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 09:33:22 PM

I went with something else, but I'll keep this in mind.

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2012, 09:41:48 PM

Personally, I think a fully personalized song is more interesting than a ringtone that lasts 15-30 seconds.

Is there anybody that wants to challenge me to writing their own customized song?  You pick the style (rock, classic rock, alternative, metal, jazz, blues, classical, r&b, techno, or a mix of any of these), you pick the instruments (including guitar, bass, piano, drums, and virtually any synthesizer tones including strings and ambient tones), you pick the length, and you choose the complexity.

Show artists some BTC love  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: