Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a trading platform downgrade a transaction 🤔  (Read 44 times)
Mikadodu13 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2021, 09:13:49 PM
Merited by nutildah (2)

I'm posting this topic to know if someone already had the same problem with an exchange platform (I will not give the name for the moment, while expecting to know if somebody else had the same pb) .
So, I subscribed to an exchange platform on which bots are not well configured. So, I take advantage of the platform bugs when it happens. Up to now, I had never had any pb with my gains thanks to the different bugs. But, some days ago, this exchange platform had a new bug / api crash, leading to a token dumped of 98%. I bought the token during this crash. But once the exchange platform noted the bug, they took back the purchased tokens and refunded me without  informing me, and they deleted all the associatedtransactions to do as if nothing has occured.
My question is : can they do that?
Thank you very much for your help
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mikadodu13 (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 08:07:35 AM

To my mind, they can

how can it be? me if my bot does anything, I lose my money, so why wouldn't it be the same on their side 🤔
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 09:21:29 AM

I think this could be issue if the bug and your gains from the bug affected the exchange badly.
Did you realize that the bug was an issue that could badly affect the exchange but never reported the issue to the exchange? If, yes then I believe that should not have been done to any good business trying to serve the public. You don't benefit selfishly from even the bad ones. You could send your gains to trustworthy authorities who are qualified to handle exchanges and moral issues like that.

In regards to the refunded token,  if the crash happened naturally and not deliberately crashed & that results to real losses then I think the buyers should have been compensated for trying to support and possibly raise the price of the token. And if that was not a real crash, maybe was due to mere figures changing while the demand remains thesame or changed a little then it's OK they fix the issue and return the funds to buyers who took advantage of the crash
Mikadodu13 (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2021, 09:36:59 AM

I think this could be issue if the bug and your gains from the bug affected the exchange badly.
Did you realize that the bug was an issue that could badly affect the exchange but never reported the issue to the exchange? If, yes then I believe that should not have been done to any good business trying to serve the public. You don't benefit selfishly from even the bad ones. You could send your gains to trustworthy authorities who are qualified to handle exchanges and moral issues like that.

In regards to the refunded token,  if the crash happened naturally and not deliberately crashed & that results to real losses then I think the buyers should have been compensated for trying to support and possibly raise the price of the token. And if that was not a real crash, maybe was due to mere figures changing while the demand remains thesame or changed a little then it's OK they fix the issue and return the funds to buyers who took advantage of the crash

the problem is that I have already informed the exchange concerning the bugs, it is in spite of that, there are always new ones ..
the price dropped because their API crashed and got stuck on the wrong price.
the bug lasted more than 24 hours .. wonder how a platform does not have immediate alerts in the event of a bug on a peer ..
in short, I will move away from this platform, it will be better ..
Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: