Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperate about vps and servers...  (Read 85 times)
kevinovecka (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 38

Trusted Bitcoin escrow - escrowedbitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2021, 05:43:37 AM

Hi guys

I am looking for some (good performance+price balance) server or something with plesk and ubuntu 20.04 with at least 800 GB space.
I was at contabo, but performance is super terirble even though it has 1400 GB space...

Do you guys know about something?
I don't want umbrel or things running on raspberry, I need to have website with full node.

Thank you so much

Anonymous Bitcoin escrow with low fee - https://escrowedbitcoin.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PawGo
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 07:46:00 AM

What is your budget?
I would recommend my provider, maybe they are not as cheap as Hetzner but contact with support is fantastic. The price for dedicated server would be around 200 euro (gross/month) for Intel Xeon E-2236 6x 3.4 GHz, RAM: 64 GB, 2x2 TB SSD.
185 euro for Intel Xeon E-2236 6x 3.4 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, 2x 1 TB SSD
170 euro for Intel Xeon E-2234 4x 3.6 GHz, RAM: 16 GB, 2x 500 GB SSD (so you would not have raid on that)
DirectAdmin included.

There would be probably also the option for VPS, but max they have is 150GB and you would have to pay extra for HDD, but I do not know if you may buy 800GB.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2021, 07:52:07 AM

Soyoustart has very reasonably priced dedicated servers... You'll have to install everything yourself, and i think plesk is quite expensive, why would you need this?

I guess a VPS with 800 Gb HDD will be more expensive than a dedicated server from soyoustart or hetzner

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kevinovecka (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 38

Trusted Bitcoin escrow - escrowedbitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2021, 11:51:32 PM

What is your budget?
I would recommend my provider, maybe they are not as cheap as Hetzner but contact with support is fantastic. The price for dedicated server would be around 200 euro (gross/month) for Intel Xeon E-2236 6x 3.4 GHz, RAM: 64 GB, 2x2 TB SSD.
185 euro for Intel Xeon E-2236 6x 3.4 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, 2x 1 TB SSD
170 euro for Intel Xeon E-2234 4x 3.6 GHz, RAM: 16 GB, 2x 500 GB SSD (so you would not have raid on that)
DirectAdmin included.

There would be probably also the option for VPS, but max they have is 150GB and you would have to pay extra for HDD, but I do not know if you may buy 800GB.

I would be happy to find something like contabo... they take 25 euro/month incl. VAT but if it would be 50$ a month it would be still okay.
I need to run full node and I am not sure if some paid full node service would be good.
I don't want to risk clients BTC at any costs
Soyoustart has very reasonably priced dedicated servers... You'll have to install everything yourself, and i think plesk is quite expensive, why would you need this?

I guess a VPS with 800 Gb HDD will be more expensive than a dedicated server from soyoustart or hetzner

Will have a look at this thank you Smiley

Few question,
1. What is your budget (per month/annually)?

I would be happy to fit in 50$, project started few weeks ago and has not many popularity (YET!  Cool )

2. What exactly do you mean by terrible performance? Low I/O speed? Slow CPU?

Not sure which one but full node still updates and sometimes website is just down or it is super slow...
Sometimes it is good

3. What plan you used previously at contabo? Storage VPS model "VPS 1400"?

Yesss

https://steadyturtle.com/ have good reputation and sometimes recommended by other member, but option with big storage only available on dedicated plan.

I don't want umbrel or things running on raspberry, I need to have website with full node.

If you only need to access webpage locally, how about Intel NUC + 1TB SSD?

Hi guys

I am looking for some (good performance+price balance) server or something with plesk and ubuntu 20.04 with at least 800 GB space.
I was at contabo, but performance is super terirble even though it has 1400 GB space...

Do you guys know about something?

Thank you so much

There is a great alternative to centralized VPN. This is called p2p or dVPN - decentralized VPN - which    combines the best features  of an uncluttered TOP and a regular VPN. I use Mystereum   which has  nodes  scattered all over the world, no written logs. The traffic is   encrypted. When I'm in bed I don't pay. I pay only for the traffic via exit node of my choice. You can set your vps server as Mysterium node and earn money for that when me or someone else will connect to your  node.

This looks really good
I checked website but not quite understand how could I implement for escrow service  Undecided

Anonymous Bitcoin escrow with low fee - https://escrowedbitcoin.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: