Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:30:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good to penalize airdrop hunters?  (Read 938 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 28, 2021, 09:45:17 AM

Do you think it's a good idea to penalize airdrop hunters? Will this do more harm or good to the adoption of crypto/Blockchain tech? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley

Why penalized for what reason? I think that's too harsh, and it's unacceptable airdrop hunters are not bad because they are only tried to grab an opportunity that they believe is potent, the one that should be penalized or punished is those projects team that have not paid their early supporters and bounty promoters like digital bits, Payaccept and many other because they are heartless people and they should be punished.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
December 28, 2021, 10:25:18 AM

For not doing anything in return? That's not true new projects needs to shill on social media that's where airdrops comes in handy, they ask airdrop hunters to follow their accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, even telegram and also retweet some posts and tag some friends along, for the fact that airdrops aren't worth much I believe it's not for free

Airdrops seem way more stretching their distance from being legit since some of them are just merely a show and the worse part is, they just wanted to get our details, especially our emails and other social media info. some of them will sell it to the black market so that they can send some of their malicious emails or scam offers. so it's better not to jump off the car when we see some airdrops or any other so-called paid promotions because most of them this year are fake. We need to use dummy email in order to protect ourselves from random emails and fake offers to avoid those scammers who won't take some rest once they got our personal emails.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
abralzain17

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2021, 02:27:30 PM

What is the purpose of punishing airdrop bounty hunters for what?
there is no need to punish them in my opinion, because most airdrop hunters only get coins for their wallet collection, most of the tokens given from airdrop prizes have no market and no place to exchange them.
I don't see that as a real punishment, but the biggest problem is that most airdrops are not that valuable, so it's not that important to punish them, which I understand a lot of airdrops are not that valuable, in fact many airdrop hunters only keep the tokens that are given to the wallet, because there is no exchange where to sell, so why punish them, it is better for the airdrop program to be improved again, so that more people are happy to follow.

Yes. I think what you said about airdrop hunters is very true. the party providing the prize should be more active and more serious in giving gifts to its participants and providing a place to exchange the coins they get, at least those AIRDROP participants who get these prizes can exchange their gifts to increase the finances of Airdrop participants.

mumang siat

Activity: 472
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:07:21 AM

there is no need to punish them in my opinion, because most airdrop hunters only get coins for their wallet collection, most of the tokens given from airdrop prizes have no market and no place to exchange them.
I don't see that as a real punishment, but the biggest problem is that most airdrops are not that valuable, so it's not that important to punish them, which I understand a lot of airdrops are not that valuable, in fact many airdrop hunters only keep the tokens that are given to the wallet, because there is no exchange where to sell, so why punish them, it is better for the airdrop program to be improved again, so that more people are happy to follow.

Yes. I think what you said about airdrop hunters is very true. the party providing the prize should be more active and more serious in giving gifts to its participants and providing a place to exchange the coins they get, at least those AIRDROP participants who get these prizes can exchange their gifts to increase the finances of Airdrop participants.
There is a lot of hope that people hang on airdrops, but so far many airdrops have not given maximum results for people who follow, improvements to airdrops need to be increased, so that hunters can maximize this program, if in the future the airdrops are still like this, maybe in the future they will be very difficult To develop, many of today's airdrop programs don't run normally and well and don't even bring big profits to hunters.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2021, 09:38:50 AM

Penalizing airdrop hunter is bad, since project already stated they will do an airdrop. It's better if they just didn't do the airdrop in the first place! The behavior of canceling or penalizing airdrop hunter is just a sign that the project is a joke, they are confused, doesn't have any plan, etc.

Anyway, rather off-topic, I prefer bounty (work) than airdrop (free money).

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
tulusikhlas

Activity: 1526
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 10:30:41 AM

I think most airdrop hunters only focus on finding new airdrops, they won't do an in-depth analysis so when they get paid they immediately exchange it to a coin they think is safe, such as BNB or USDT, and with a very small percentage of less than 1% I'm sure airdrop hunter will not be able to make a market dump.
Agree, I think airdrop hunters when they receive coins they sell immediately it doesn't really affect the market. After all, what percentage is allocated to the airdrop?
What is more dangerous for the market is FUD, when people succeed in making FUD, that's when the market for a coin/token is threatened with falling.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 10:47:14 AM

First of all they got paid for the promotion and support they give to the project and I don't think penalizing them is good in return, second thing is that the bounty reward was just a small percentage of the total supply and does not affect that fully even all the bounty hunters sell their token not unless the project is weak and get easily destroyed buy small crash due to the bounty hunters.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:12:30 AM

Airdrops are a great way to attract people into newly-fond crypto projects. They're basically "free money" for not doing anything in return. Some projects have been widely successful after an airdrop, while others have gone all the way down the drain. There's been a upsurge of airdrop hunters looking to "milk rewards" from the system, effectively dumping all of their coins/tokens on the market for profit. While most projects have been quite flexible in the eligibility for an airdrop, one project decided to take the stand by adopting measures to prevent abuse. Parachain Swap's airdrop has been quite controversial as it only rewarded a small portion of its users. The vast majority of the people weren't rewarded (especially airdrop hunters), resulting in a decline of the token's price.

Do you think it's a good idea to penalize airdrop hunters? Will this do more harm or good to the adoption of crypto/Blockchain tech? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Smiley
Airdrop hunters has nothing to do with the price because if we do really tend to look at on how much coins been allocated for bounties then it is really just small.It is just the community or the demand
would really fluctuates whenever a project does have those bad shady moves because the community wouldnt really be blind or could trust up a project if ever they do have that kind of behavior.
One of the risks when you do deal up with bounties is that you could neither be paid or get scammed or been hold on to those token pays of a certain project.
Deal with the risks and you cant do anything about those price movements.

fadil46

Activity: 826
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:19:27 AM

There is a lot of hope that people hang on airdrops, but so far many airdrops have not given maximum results for people who follow, improvements to airdrops need to be increased, so that hunters can maximize this program, if in the future the airdrops are still like this, maybe in the future they will be very difficult To develop, many of today's airdrop programs don't run normally and well and don't even bring big profits to hunters.
Not all of them are like that, mate, today you can check your own Ethereum wallet to get an Airdrop from https://www.gasdao.org/ if you have made transactions on an Ethereum wallet so far and the coin has also been listed on Uniswap, so you can very good too mate.

jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:24:11 AM

Many are of the opinion that money does not smell, but often there are projects that ask for advertising with a very dubious development team and a roadmap. I try to adhere to the position that you should not strive for something that can then ruin your reputation, if you understand that. Another question is often you can not see the red flags of the project or do not want to see them.
Orange89

Activity: 1008
Merit: 2

I WANTED EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:32:58 AM

It Is the best way to promote your project and create a hype in the community and with such great hype of the project their is high possibility that centralized exchange look at their project to list their token but on the other hand you can't give to much for the Airdrop let's say an example everyone get huge amount of Airdrop like 500$-1000$ most of the member doesn't have patience they will instant sell it these make coin value came down but no doubt on the other side many project had give us humangous profit like Sfund if you joined you can easily recall on that cases participants are less than 5000 that's is the big reason everyone get such huge amount

Hello TheSe is Christiano RONALDO
abralzain17

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 06:57:44 PM

I have missed many Airdrop programs and will not join them, because in my opinion they don't seem serious when the distribution of prizes is given to participants, the coins are obtained but there is no exchange. because this way I assume that they are not serious in handling it

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 08:19:10 PM

~
...but creating hype would mean that there would be still an end of an hype :/
What if people just lose interest in whatever shitproject that is? I never heard of people earning that amount from airdrop even though that was just an example you mentioned. Mostly those airdrops are just shitcoins waiting to be dumped anyway in the end.
Not sure if the project you just mentioned was an unintentional shilling or the opposite.
Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 08:21:38 PM

I used to be an avid airdrop hunter. Then I came to the sudden realization that its a colossal waste of time. Much of the airdrops, if they are ever paid out, aren't even worth the gas fee for its swap. As in worth cents, not even a dollar. So actually I feel airdrop hunters are doing the projects favors by indulging them
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 31, 2021, 01:56:31 PM

I used to be an avid airdrop hunter. Then I came to the sudden realization that its a colossal waste of time. Much of the airdrops, if they are ever paid out, aren't even worth the gas fee for its swap. As in worth cents, not even a dollar. So actually I feel airdrop hunters are doing the projects favors by indulging them

Believe me, there are many airdrops not worth your time. As you've said before, one will have to deal with the high gas fees in order to reap the rewards on the blockchain. Airdrop hunters wouldn't care much less as long as they get free money in return. The average person, on the other hand, won't participate in the airdrop simply because it's not economically feasible to do so.

I'm against penalizing airdrop hunters as it would do more harm than good towards for the project's mainstream adoption. Instead of excluding them completely, developers can introduce flexible restrictions that will not scare them away. Parachain Swap did a wrong move which resulted in many people exiting the platform. They would've issued small rewards to most ETH users, in order to prevent this from happening. Imagine what would happen if other projects copied Parachain's model. Then the market wouldn't be as vivid as it is today. Crypto was never about free money, so I'd say airdrops are not necessary for any project to thrive in the long term. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mumang siat

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 09:28:11 AM

I have missed many Airdrop programs and will not join them, because in my opinion they don't seem serious when the distribution of prizes is given to participants, the coins are obtained but there is no exchange. because this way I assume that they are not serious in handling it
Yeah right, I also often join a lot of airdrops, but it is very rare that can produce a big profit, no one seriously manages airdrop at this time, so that after the program ends we are only able to keep gifts from them in the face, even if there are only 10 of 100 airdrop Successful, this is why I am no longer interested in joining the program, especially with the lack of exchange after we get a gift from them, then for what is a waste of time in this program.
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

Syntrum.com

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 09:57:00 AM

Of the Airdrops I participated in, only 5 projects had good prices, Sfund, shibalana, Hodl Finance, Xzilla and XTT.
There are a lot of tokens in my wallet, but they don't have a price, from there I started to learn to choose good projects with a fairly large Airdrop reward, but it was difficult to find them, that's why I focused on playing the Axie game to get passive income and make trades.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Juse14

Activity: 910
Merit: 355

Duelbits

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 10:16:26 AM

What is the basis of the punishment that will be given to airdrop hunters?
Do airdrop hunters harm or have an effect on token prices?
At least that's what I had in mind when I read this thread. Because I did not find the specific fault of the airdrop hunter so that it can be punished.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 02:09:33 PM

What is the basis of the punishment that will be given to airdrop hunters?
Do airdrop hunters harm or have an effect on token prices?
At least that's what I had in mind when I read this thread. Because I did not find the specific fault of the airdrop hunter so that it can be punished.

The basis for punishing airdrop hunters is to prevent coins and/or tokens from going all the way down the drain in an instant. After all, they only join projects with the hopes of "milking" as much rewards as possible from the system. The bigger the reward, the faster the coin will drop in price. By penalizing airdrop hunters, developers can ensure their coin won't experience a negative effect in price at a fast pace. I wouldn't exclude airdrop hunters completely from participating in an airdrop, but I would implement certain restrictions in order to prevent abuse. As long as everything is done in a balanced manner, nothing else matters. Crypto was never about airdrops, so there's that. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mumang siat

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 03:43:13 PM

Airdrops are a great way to advertise new projects and i believe that the risk that the value of the tokens / altcoins will drop on the market is minimal that's why i believe that the best strategy is to give away a few coins with the aim of being known rather than serious poles such as requesting a mobile number, e-mail or even kyc to participate
But I don't believe the ad will work, airdrops don't have a definite future at this time, many airdrop projects don't have a market at the time of token distribution, then what kind of promotion they expect, meaning they don't want the achievement to develop properly. Even if some of them exist, then there is very little chance for the tokens to be expensive, which I know is like that, because I used to often participate in airdrop projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: