Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good to penalize airdrop hunters?  (Read 957 times)
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
March 10, 2022, 02:02:58 PM

I would say to avoid dump by hunters then the airdrop could be paid in batches or by percentage of to allocation of the airdrop token to all participants this will enable them have control over their allocation to airdrop tokens and to safe guide the market from being dumped.
I totally agree with you... but basically airdrops have small tasks and promise to pay a few cents, which makes many people join it with multiple accounts under one control
and the project locks some tokens and can be unlocked incrementally to avoid throwing away pizza without tasting it

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 11, 2022, 05:15:31 AM

I would say to avoid dump by hunters then the airdrop could be paid in batches or by percentage of to allocation of the airdrop token to all participants this will enable them have control over their allocation to airdrop tokens and to safe guide the market from being dumped.
I totally agree with you... but basically airdrops have small tasks and promise to pay a few cents, which makes many people join it with multiple accounts under one control
and the project locks some tokens and can be unlocked incrementally to avoid throwing away pizza without tasting it
So you're saying that airdrop payments are low, that is why it is being abused? Locking the tokens will also prevent the investors from selling it, not just the airdrop hunters. That was too unethical.

@Adbitco now I know why some airdrops that I joined are paid in batches, I thought it's only their strategy to avoid paying high fees but we can't be sure that airdrop hunters will dump their coins and what if they hodl them after receiving? And all of them are waiting for the price of the coin to pump before all of them sell? the price of the coin can still dump after it. They cannot escape it. Why cant every project accept that dumping is part of the process on how this market works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: