Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 02:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCRYPT-N AUTO SWITCH POOL  (Read 5081 times)
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:30:09 PM

And you all do realize ASIC will be mining n-Scrypt by Christmas 2014 right???

Merry Christmas..    Kiss

Yeah, and GDDR6 will mine it better.  hhahahahaaha

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 02:59:16 PM by trc

Merry Christmas..    Kiss

Yeah, and GDDR6 will mine it better.  hhahahahaaha

Also, I don't believe that ASIC devs honestly think that their customers will make the ROI+profit. They know for sure that these machines will crash any coin they touch. All the calculations you make now with current profitability is going to be completely inaccurate. They'll use the chips themselves, lower the price of every scrypt coin so much that you'll want a refund but you know, all sales are final. You'll never be able to get a ROI.

Don't compare scrypt coins with Bitcoin and think that they'll survive a sudden X100 hash increase. The community saved BTC but all the others, even including LTC will be dumped to dust. This is a big mistake IMO. Don't support them for a few months of "profit".

BTW, I'm not concerned about the current mini-ASICs but that 250Mh/s per single unit one in particular.

>> nope
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:06:04 PM

Merry Christmas..    Kiss
Perhaps there will be a scrypt-n ASIC in December, but it will take a significant amount of resources to research, design, prototype, test, tool-up and produce. A couple feisty crypto developers can, and probably will, fork a coin using few resources and little effort and render all that investment worthless. If I were an ASIC builder, I'd focus where I felt my investment would be better spent, and it would not be on a market full of smart folks who are highly committed to being ASIC resistant. It's just not good business.
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

well, trademybit have a autoswitch for scrypt-n https://pool.trademybit.com/home/

Sorry..I was just trying to find out what is this Auto Switch actually does? What is the purpose? Thanks in advance!
The point of auto switching multipools is to intelligently direct your mining rig's hashing power to the most profitable coin at any given time. Which coin the pool mines can change many times per day, presumably faster and more accurately than any person can do it manually.

That is what they claim to do, and that is in fact what they do... and they do it well. The problem is that when they do that, there are significant repercussions. I don't argue that there should be no multipools, I simply think that it's OK to have coins whose stated goal is ASIC and multipool resistance. That's a differentiator, which is good in a free market.
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 03:36:48 AM

CoinSolver (http://coinsolver.com) has a Scrypt-N multipool in beta right now. Once we get more hash, we can mine VTC and SPA and really kick off some profits. Right now we are mining small coins. Mind you this is BETA! All suggestions welcome! More info on the CoinSolver site. Payouts have been on point thus far.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: