Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCRYPT-N AUTO SWITCH POOL  (Read 5080 times)
csa1234 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:27:52 PM

With all this Greedsed crapsh**t going arround and mining scrypt coin multi pool, its time to move over to Scrypt-N which is ASIC scrypt resistance (for now) and its more profitable than multi-scrypt pools.

Just today i made 0.00609BTC/MH/Day by mining Vertcoin (Scrypt-N coin) after exchanging to BTC

So my question is.... will there be a Scrypt-N auto-switch pool?

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
gszabi

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:51:07 PM

No and please dont make any. Thank you in advance Smiley)
csa1234 (OP)

Activity: 286

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

well, im already developing a project for such task, so sorry  Wink

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
grippy54

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:58:07 PM

well, im already developing a project for such task, so sorry  Wink
I admire the entrepreneurial spirit in you, but beware. The vertcoin developers have said that if someone creates an ASIC or multipool for scrypt-n, they will fork and implement some undisclosed new strategies to circumvent them. They will, of course, wait until the projects are well underway to make sure any investment in these projects is worthless.
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:09:01 PM

Since we all are taking about scrypt-N
is there is any list of the coins that work with that system?
also, I heard about coins that use X11, is there is a list of the coins with that system too.

I wanna make sure I have a place to go when the ASIC destroy scrypt.
thanks

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:09:51 AM

There is no auto-switcher pool for Scrypt-n yet.
lastblade

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:39:10 AM

well, trademybit have a autoswitch for scrypt-n https://pool.trademybit.com/home/
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:55:48 AM

If you are actually serious than I implore you to adopt a more coin friendly method of multi-mining, a method such as what coin shift is using.
lae

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

That would imply he'll finish ( ¬‿¬)
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:44:00 PM

If you are actually serious than I implore you to adopt a more coin friendly method of multi-mining, a method such as what coin shift is using.
That is not a bad idea!!, I like it!

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:58:04 AM

I admire the entrepreneurial spirit in you, but beware. The vertcoin developers have said that if someone creates an ASIC or multipool for scrypt-n, they will fork and implement some undisclosed new strategies to circumvent them. They will, of course, wait until the projects are well underway to make sure any investment in these projects is worthless.

I love how in Crypto community we brag about the coins being "decentralized" and here the developers are the GOD OF THE COIN and completely and fully, control everything about the coins and could change anything, at will.

And we go wonder why no one wants to accept our coins as a currency despite these "coins" being around for such a long time.
brooklynite

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:59:00 AM

Since we all are taking about scrypt-N
is there is any list of the coins that work with that system?
also, I heard about coins that use X11, is there is a list of the coins with that system too.

I wanna make sure I have a place to go when the ASIC destroy scrypt.
thanks

ASICs already destroyed Scrypt, did you find a place to go yet?
brooklynite

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:03:55 AM

With all this Greedsed crapsh**t going arround and mining scrypt coin multi pool, its time to move over to Scrypt-N which is ASIC scrypt resistance (for now) and its more profitable than multi-scrypt pools.

Just today i made 0.00609BTC/MH/Day by mining Vertcoin (Scrypt-N coin) after exchanging to BTC

I cant even find a full list of VTC compatible coins, which is the first step in making a multipool, can you find a list?

So far I see

VTC
EXE
SPA
GPUC
RT2

Is that it? Are all of these compatible? Meaning mineable with Vertminer?
taaku

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:21:23 AM

I cant even find a full list of VTC compatible coins, which is the first step in making a multipool, can you find a list?

So far I see

VTC
EXE
SPA
GPUC
RT2

Is that it? Are all of these compatible? Meaning mineable with Vertminer?

Add these to the list:

VTC
EXE
SPA
GPUC
RT2
XSV
H2O

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
trc

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:41:26 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 11:20:16 AM by trc

No and please dont make any. Thank you in advance Smiley)

I think we'll see more of them very soon and those ASICs you invested in will begin collecting dust sooner than their first bitcoin bros did at the time. Because this time people are prepared to react and know how to react. Don't be surprised to see Litecoin convert to scrypt-n or any other memory intensive algo. It will happen - unless the community wishes to see 1LTC @ $0.01 in 2015.

EDIT: Sadly, leading Litecoin devs seem to be against this. They think that ASICs won't kill Litecoin. (This is more like a defense for their inability to fork it without messing it all up.) We'll all see what will happen when people start mining with those 250Mh/s units and dump them all. Then it'll be "Good bye LTC... You lost your purpose." It's only going to be fair when it fails. Sad.

I love how in Crypto community we brag about the coins being "decentralized" and here the developers are the GOD OF THE COIN and completely and fully, control everything about the coins and could change anything, at will.

And we go wonder why no one wants to accept our coins as a currency despite these "coins" being around for such a long time.

This is a good thing. It's not controlling the value(directly) but preventing unfair control of value. If you like comparing to fiat, think of it like adding a hologram to the paper money.

-- coinsolver is also working on a scrypt-n version.

>> nope
grippy54

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:45:06 PM

Multipools are partially responsible for the scrypt market going down so drastically and quickly. They move to a coin once their algorithm sees that the difficulty is down (from low network hash), and they pound it with a ton of hash. They grab a ton of coins, and the high hash pumps up the difficulty. When it's no longer profitable, they jump to the next crypto, and leave the rest of the miners with a disproportionally high difficulty that their much lower hash can't solve. After a long, unproductive time the difficulty drops again, and just as the regular miners start getting coins again, the multipool is back... pounding it again. So the multipools get the low difficulty, highly productive blocks and the little miners get the high difficulty low productivity blocks.

While all this is going on, the multipool is also dumping piles of every crypto they mine in the open market for whatever they can get for them, driving the market values straight down. This is not only unsustainable, it's immoral and unethical. This is the type of behavior that old-school robber-barrons participated in. The multipools USE the little guy miners to make cryptos profitable, then essentially "take their lunch money at recess."
themike5000

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:57:15 PM

well, trademybit have a autoswitch for scrypt-n https://pool.trademybit.com/home/

Vertcoin: VdHjU3L2dcHCR3uQmqpM6mf4LCvp2678wh
grippy54

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

Crypto developers are implementing new technologies to help level the playing field. ASICs and multi pools are strategies that smart and well-resourced people come up with to help you do what you want... make more money. You have every right to do that, but in true libertarian spirit, the coin developers have every right to come up with strategies to help them do what THEY want... make mining accessible and profitable for the little-guy miners.

Forking a crypto into another algorithm, implementing an ASIC-resistant algorithm, or using an anti-multipool technology like Digi-Shield helps them to do that. If you don't like it, mine another crypto. There are plenty of them out there, and enough for everyone to have some that are targeted to them.

It's funny though, that when some cryptos see ASICS and multipools as an attack and try to defend themselves, the reaction of the aggressors is to attack harder, while encouraging those cryptos not to defend themselves. Get real. Just move on to some other crypto and leave them alone.
JHammer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:26:30 PM

And you all do realize ASIC will be mining n-Scrypt by Christmas 2014 right???

Merry Christmas..    Kiss
ruptan

Activity: 491

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

Sorry..I was just trying to find out what is this Auto Switch actually does? What is the purpose? Thanks in advance!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes