Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you were to create your own society, small or big, what would it look like?  (Read 265 times)
WalrusTusk (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2021, 07:07:41 AM
Merited by Welsh (8), theymos (5), _Miracle (1)

If you were to create your own society, small or big, what would it look like? Feel free to post just a few main points or go in depth on what it would look like/how it would function. Desert terrain, multiple different types of terrain, large building, only wood buildings, gender norms, car/boat/auto regulations, curfews or policing? I’d like to hear some of your ideas on this!

Here’s how a society I created might look…

1) No gender norms, so cooking, cleaning, household duties as far as being gender stereotyped, or being a “house wife” would be out the window. If someone mentioned a gear head, there’s an equal chance it could be a man or a women.

2) All organic forms of farming. All the products added to natural foods and engineering better foods is damaging to the human body and making us evolve in a weird way. Think of 2000 years from now if we keep eating GMOs, using growth hormones, and eating processed foods, how are systems will look compared to if all we ate was organic foods. I’m sure humans are going to be more plastic than biological at that point sooner or later if we continue down the track of the foods we eat now.

3) No clothing norms. Guys can wear skirts and do girl things without being ridiculed or looked at as weird. Obviously most girl things are that for a reason because if guys did that same stuff it would be awkward and strange as hell. But having clothing norms really puts boundaries on the progression of society as it limits intellectual curiosity and exploration in many ways. Limiting ideations like intellectual curiosity, the ability to expand on something with the mind, or the process of furthering one’s knowledge/understanding based on societal norms is a sad biproduct of todays world and it doesn’t look like it will change anytime soon. In fact any hinderance on intellectual progression for humans doesn’t really make sense to me, so long as we are talking about legal and ethical topics and not having classes on how to murder people in their sleep or steal money from stores without them knowing. How to build pipe bombs and get them through airport security or anything like that wouldn’t make any sense at all. I’m sure if their were no clothing norms, society as an entire world would be a lot more progressed, less violence in the world, more structured and useful learning in colleges and educational classrooms, as well as more creative and constructive production of goods and services around the world too.

4) Skill based living instead of networking/connections/who you know types of set ups and “scratch your back I’ll scratch yours” types of work environments . The only way you can get to a specific field or work up to a title is if you are skilled enough and beat out the other competition. As in you have your title because you are the best in that field and there is nobody above you that is better than you in your field, anyone else in your field who is less skilled than you has a lower and less distinguished title than you. This means that anyone in positions they currently shouldn’t be at would have to go and find something else they could work towards and make a living off of, or drop down in the pay scale and worker status and live a different type of life. There are too many people in positions that they shouldn’t be in today because there was a lack of competition in their hiring process, and it shows in the work they do and how society functions around those people. A society purely based on skill based living would be faster, more productive, and knowledgeable in a way that wouldn’t put a strain on anyone to work harder than they needed to. There would be more time for people to enjoy life instead of working and grinding in offices, buildings, and small enclosures trying to make a living. It would honestly be the way to live as you are going off you as a person and not something you are portraying or acting like.

5) 24/7 businesses run through night time are common place. Restaurants, stores, fitness centers, banks, accounting businesses, food trucks, all would be common place to run through night into the AM and morning. People think being healthy is going to bed at night and waking up in the morning, eating breakfast, and going through a full and productive day. But if you want to be super healthy, like to the point where you’re not worried about your health at all, you should be able to go through nights partying, working, watching TV, cooking, driving, working out, then being able to stay up late like this and not have it affect your schedule shouldn’t be much of s problem. As far as continuously staying up late into the night I’m not sure health wise would be good as everyone needs a proper amount of sun/daylight per day for proper functioning, but in a society with more 24/7 businesses running their would be a large enough group of people to keep them running successfully and without any problems.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BernyJB

Activity: 168
Merit: 190

View Profile
December 07, 2021, 04:41:02 PM

Mine would be just me in a very remote, deserted, tropical island, with a lifetime supply of cheeses and coca-cola.  Grin
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 06:39:55 AM

If you were to create your own society, small or big, what would it look like?

From Alpha-Centauri? Without a telescope?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
WalrusTusk (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 08:19:44 AM

If you were to create your own society, small or big, what would it look like?

From Alpha-Centauri? Without a telescope?

Cool

Yeah sure I guess you could do that. I’m mainly focusing on reality and real life societies where people could actually create something that would be livable for a society of humans , whether it’s here or 1000 light years away. If you know the physics of planets/conditions in Alpha-Centauri go ahead and let everyone know. Even if you don’t feel free to make a post too, as it will have some basis in reality still even if there’s some non-fiction mixed in as well.   
Spontaneous

Activity: 130
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 09:42:42 AM

If I create my society
I'll choose the small one
 why? Cause it's hard to manage the big one.
I'll start a small society because it became a big one in the end.
It looks like a Paradise

Code:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 03:54:43 PM

It is easy.

1. Restrict reproduction, maintain less than 50M population on Earth.
2. Protect the environment, violators and all their living relatives would be executed.
3. Institute free-market capitalism, with a democratically elected, one global government.
4. Make science education a priority.
5. Make people with low IQ or genetic defects sterile so that they cannot reproduce.
6. Eliminate violent crimes by executing violators and all their living genetic relatives.
7. Stratify society based on IQ and skill/merit.

Over time, you will have a less violent, more educated, more intelligent society that will be able to survive
indefinitely.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 12:50:42 AM

It is easy.

2. Protect the environment, violators and all their living relatives would be executed.
3. Institute free-market capitalism, with a democratically elected, one global government.
4. Make science education a priority.
5. Make people with low IQ or genetic defects sterile so that they cannot reproduce.
6. Eliminate violent crimes by executing violators and all their living genetic relatives.
7. Stratify society based on IQ and skill/merit.

Over time, you will have a less violent, more educated, more intelligent society that will be able to survive
indefinitely.

Just wondering. Are you Bill Gates?     Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4481

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 05:15:12 AM

It is easy.

ok you first. bye.

meanwhile the "over population" is not a natural land mass available problem. its a capitalist land ownership advert to sell at a premium. if a city sckyscaper owner says "overpopulation" what they really mean is :
'my property can be partitioned in half so i can sell it as 2x mini apartments for more money"

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Masplanc

Activity: 798
Merit: 34

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 08:25:40 AM

If I should create my own society it will be a society full of love and compassion for one another. I will make sure there won't be discrimination of any factor because this is one of the challenge the real society is facing.

It will be a society of equal rights for  all man, and who ever breaks a law we serve it's consequences no matter the status. Lastly it will  be a society of peace. But unfortunately a society can't be like that, life is made up of good and bad people,  so the society can't be good without bad. So don't think the society can be 100% good.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 09:24:43 AM
Merited by Dragonfund (2)

Contracts.
Marriage contracts, Business contracts like garbage collection times..., security contracts (or co-operations in countryside) ........

Welcome                                                       I you not for me i am not for you

WalrusTusk (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 06:19:59 PM

Contracts.
Marriage contracts, Business contracts like garbage collection times..., security contracts (or co-operations in countryside) ........

Welcome                                                       I you not for me i am not for you

Awesome, love this!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2021, 12:31:34 AM

If I should create my own society it will be a society full of love and compassion for one another.

careful what you wish for NRA will translate that to be:
'we love guns so show us your compassion and let us shoot where we please'

I will make sure there won't be discrimination of any factor because this is one of the challenge the real society is facing.

It will be a society of equal rights for  all man,

equal rights for all man..
                ..for all man..
                         ..man..
i think your missing something

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gosgosking

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 20, 2021, 12:36:29 PM

If I should  create my own society it will be the society of small one so that I'll be able to regulate the society to my own taste. It will be a society of good conduct and everyone will exhibit good lifestyle.
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2021, 03:54:11 AM

I will rather create a small society that can be controllable by me because there is no point in having a large community that you cannot control.
Leading a large number of people is always very difficult,and hard to do,therefore a small society of reasonable people is accepted by me.

Corruption in the society today is not coming from a small society,because a small society has rules and guildlines that people live under,but a large society is full of law breakers and despirado's.So a small society is much preferable by me.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2021, 06:28:09 AM

I will rather create a small society that can be controllable by me because there is no point in having a large community that you cannot control.
Leading a large number of people is always very difficult,and hard to do,therefore a small society of reasonable people is accepted by me.

Corruption in the society today is not coming from a small society,because a small society has rules and guildlines that people live under,but a large society is full of law breakers and despirado's.So a small society is much preferable by me.

the way the big guys do it. they break the area into regions and have a representative for each region that control the region.. the question then becomes. does this representative represent the communities wishes. or the leaders wishes.

the corruption is when the representatives represent the leader not the populous, to over control the community to the point of corruption. or when the representatives represent the populous too lax that they look away from law breaking and despirado's

so its not a matter of how big a community is. but about its representation/leader.. is the representation too controlling or too lax

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2021, 06:47:23 AM
Merited by Welsh (1)

I like this question and your ideas.
I'm American  and  grew up watching Star Trek so the ideal and example of equality and respect for differences was something I took for granted (and mistook for truth).
The idea of non-conquering exploration, science as a way of life, merit of skill and experience combined with the individual as being part of a larger "whole"...
because no matter how remote you are the choices of the rest of the world (and universe) affects you.
For now we can only strive to rise to those ideals.

My imaginary society would be structured like Star Trek Discovery but in a time without need for political structure (or wars to fight) and love for or non belief in God would never be used as weapon against each other.

In reality, if we little people held our governments accountable to us and created laws slanting towards people instead corporate interests: collectively, we might thrive more quickly
but here we are in the age our ancestors will look back on and... wonder why we didn't do better or with the forgiveness of knowing we simply hadn't evolved past our egos yet
and did the best we could with the mental capacity we were working with? ;-)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Awwal08

Activity: 798
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2021, 02:45:38 PM
Merited by Dragonfund (2)

I will prefer small Society because it will be easy to handle and control, you can easily set law. I will prefer Sharia law because it give comfort to everyone in the society and no one is Above the Law, Muslim Christian Jewish etc. Anyone who live in a society where there is Sharia law, and they will be safe from any harm. Women will be respected, children will be discipline, marketplace will be conducted well, transaction will move smoothly no corruption, no harassment etc.
Note: Sharia law cover all aspect of life from the beginning to the end.

Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
December 25, 2021, 08:26:27 PM

For starters no politician, they are nothing but parasites making a good living form others hard work.
It is nothing but crazy paying somebody who then tells you what you can and can not do. There is no law but creator laws and thats it.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 12:08:53 AM
Merited by Welsh (1)

I will prefer small Society because it will be easy to handle and control, you can easily set law. I will prefer Sharia law because it give comfort to everyone in the society and no one is Above the Law, Muslim Christian Jewish etc. Anyone who live in a society where there is Sharia law, and they will be safe from any harm. Women will be respected, children will be discipline, marketplace will be conducted well, transaction will move smoothly no corruption, no harassment etc.

Sharia law is the most authoritarian form of religious governance. Protecting women by beating them if they disobey their spouse, or forcing them to wear head garments, sounds very democratic. Unsurprisingly, every Islamic theocracy there's been has turned into a hell hole.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 02:56:15 AM

Sharia law is the most authoritarian form of religious governance. Protecting women by beating them if they disobey their spouse, or forcing them to wear head garments, sounds very democratic. Unsurprisingly, every Islamic theocracy there's been has turned into a hell hole.

2000 years ago there were many civil wars. italy pretty much created the romans to fight against the many religions in neighbouring lands(egypt, africa, europe, middle east). the emperors and their scholars(later named priests and bishops) began making new laws. that lawbook became 'christian bible' by telling a different camp fire story about how the middle easts laws should be taught in story form at camp fires.

before christianity. rome was a republic, with a senate and a leader..  and even they had laws about what people should wear, though most of the laws were word of mouth not written scripture.
but when finally written down, even in christianity. they had female dress code too

But every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. ...

christianity had 2 factions. the 'god fearing' and the 'peaceful god' groups. the god fearing were the extremists that would punish shave womens hair if they didnt cover it. it took hundreds of years to calm those extremists. many civil wars. and lots of fighting.

so christianity has had its extremists too. even today in modern times there are still sexist idiots using the bible to popularise that men are better then woman, thinking a christian womans place is in the kitchen

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: