Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:06:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Is HODL the only strategy?  (Read 631 times)
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 04:41:24 PM

Hold can't be the only strategy because there are many other strategies that can be taken by making a profit. the proof is that yesterday when the price of bitcoin broke through $68k, it could be sold and bought again when the price dropped to the lowest price of $42k, how much profit did we get and how much time was saved. while if it continues to be held and the current conditions how much profit has been lost and have to wait a long time to be able to return to the highest price.
Maybe it's not the absolute and only strategy but most of the time, we are sticking to this strategy more than others because of its degree of disinterest, not caring here is not watching the market, not worrying about time, there will be many problems along the way but even with so many detours, we are never left out unless we want to cancel. While the great evidence you say is the strategy we are most prone to tripping and falling because you only see the things that have happened but the things that have not happened will be very difficult, no one knows where the wormhole will be and when the way to heaven will be revealed

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 08:58:09 PM

I own different crypto and mostly I stake with them because I am interested in the long return. With bitcoin I am actually doing nothing. Can you suggest any strategies to make even a little APR? I know that I can't stake with bitcoin.
Well holding is the most very common method to have a good return though there are too many investors sometimes staking their assets the problem is if there is a right exchange that we can entrust to hold our fund for many years or months perhaps. Keep in my mind that we should have our own private key as always upon keeping our bitcoin and hoping that it will return for a long term, on an exchange that is very risky. Staking and putting your money in the bank for storing it and hoping a small percentage of return is relatively the same. Be your own bank as always.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Rufsilf

Activity: 1736
Merit: 309

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 10:09:11 AM

what else can be done other than hold when the market is going down like this. back to our first goal, if we aim to invest it takes a longer time to hold it but if we focus more on trading then of course we have to manage and use it in the near future. but for me bitcoin is good for long term investment and currently the price is also falling so its better to hold than to sell it and get the big loss. but if you want profit in the near future you can choose to trade with coins that are good in the market, I think it's a good choice.
Agree with that..

When you hold your coin especially for long term, this is the best tip i can give -> Checking crypto prices all the time is absolutely useless, unless you're an active highly trained day trader. Constantly checking prices will only cause you unnecessary stress!
Certainly, it doesn't make sense if you check the price daily, it's not that it will suddenly reap you serious profits overnight. Checking it daily will make you feel more anxious if see that the market is declining than usual and it's not what you want to see. So if your plan is for long-term then be patient, that's all you can do for now.
But if you want another strategy to gain then being a trader will be suitable for you, but I warn you, it's not so easy to begin with. You need to check it constantly, like time to time, and really requires patience and time in-order to gain.
barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 11:20:39 AM

I own different crypto and mostly I stake with them because I am interested in the long return. With bitcoin I am actually doing nothing. Can you suggest any strategies to make even a little APR? I know that I can't stake with bitcoin.
i have the other crypto, when the price is good, i will convert to bitcoin then hold till the price is good for me. i think, this method happen to the lazy holder. its not unfavorable for holder, but another way give you more profit than hold till the end.
im just not sure if spend money in newcomer, we have own thought and afraid about something bad. best thing is need to invest in altcoin.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 12:41:15 PM

what else can be done other than hold when the market is going down like this. back to our first goal, if we aim to invest it takes a longer time to hold it but if we focus more on trading then of course we have to manage and use it in the near future. but for me bitcoin is good for long term investment and currently the price is also falling so its better to hold than to sell it and get the big loss. but if you want profit in the near future you can choose to trade with coins that are good in the market, I think it's a good choice.
Agree with that..

When you hold your coin especially for long term, this is the best tip i can give -> Checking crypto prices all the time is absolutely useless, unless you're an active highly trained day trader. Constantly checking prices will only cause you unnecessary stress!
The main topic here to utilize our capital which is the best trick when the market goes into the bearish momentum .We all know that crypto market is always a high volatile market so that anything can be happen here .I have strong confidence that bitcoin will always give us a good return just we need to become patient but we need to make a target as well where we really wanna exit after getting a huge return .I just wanna share my tricks which is mostly related here we need to buy more potential coin of the 505 of our fund on different coin when market goes on bearish momentum .It will will help us when market become turn into the green stick .I think it helps more from recovering our fund even we can get a good return .I am not suggesting to follow my tricks DYOR always before enter on the market mates .

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 12:45:58 PM

HODL = long-term
Day trading = short-term

If I were to choose between the two, I would choose to hold for the long run. That’s what I have failed when I have BTC before and ended up regretting myself not holding any further. In this way, it’s less riskier than day trading in my opinion.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 02:32:05 PM

If you’re making use of exchanges like Crypto.com, there is an option for you to invest your bitcoin and be getting about 6% per annum. But HODL is not bad either, because you’re still going to be making good profit whenever the market starts going up. All these staking and investments apart from just holding my coins never really interest me.

I’m always satisfied with just investing my coins and the profit that I am making from just investing the coins, because good amount of profit comes from HODL’ing the right coins. So if you have your money invested in the right place you wouldn’t even bother about staking and all that, even if you do, it will just a little change that you’re taking from the market.

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 04:59:07 PM

I think that hoarding and holding Bitcoin for a long time is the best way to get high returns. Its value may drop in a few months, but the goal is long-term, its growth potential is still very good. You want to get a little more profit from Bitcoin, you can trade daily. However, this way is very risky, you need to have knowledge of technical analysis and market assessment or you will lose money.
Fakhrulenclix

Activity: 1638
Merit: 333

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 05:05:53 PM

You are risking your Altcoins in the long term for huge returns, why don't you do the same with bitcoin. You are a person who makes long term investments, this is actually very suitable for bitcoin. Don't look at bitcoin's value because it's high, but invest as much as you can afford for the long term. Before you do that, you first analyze the exact time. Don't let your long-term investments ignore current market movements.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
December 12, 2021, 09:45:08 AM

until now I still believe that BTC is good for long term investment. if you want a long-term investment then it would be better if you choose a coin like BTC, at least there is hope to be able to make a profit even though you have to wait a long time rather than waiting for a coin whose prospects are not clear. but everyone has their own opinion so it depends on how they manage their assets.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
December 12, 2021, 10:02:51 AM

HODL is the only strategy used in bitcoin. People who bought btc in some dollars or some hundred dollars and they waited for some years and today btc gave them a huge profit and people are still holding and waiting for btc reach in 100k$
You're wrong, hodling isn't the best one but it's a forgivable strategy and it's not even a strategy, it's like a test. A test for your patience of how long can you endure the temptation to sell when things are going well but it's not your price point. Staking bitcoin or even putting it in a gambling site although there's a risk is a better one since you can increase your bitcoin.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 785

View Profile
December 12, 2021, 10:32:45 PM

HODL is the only strategy used in bitcoin. People who bought btc in some dollars or some hundred dollars and they waited for some years and today btc gave them a huge profit and people are still holding and waiting for btc reach in 100k$
You're wrong, hodling isn't the best one but it's a forgivable strategy and it's not even a strategy, it's like a test. A test for your patience of how long can you endure the temptation to sell when things are going well but it's not your price point. Staking bitcoin or even putting it in a gambling site although there's a risk is a better one since you can increase your bitcoin.
Exactly, it requires zero effort, just being patient, hoping that eventually it pays off. It's definitely not the best strategy, a combination of several methods, such as short-trading and holding is definitely more beneficial.

I regret not selling a month ago, at the all-time high, and buying back when the prices dropped. To summarize, just holding might sound safe, but taking risks is definitely more beneficial.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Olayinka2225

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 04:24:58 AM

Hodling alone is not the only strategy in crypto.
Swing trading is also part of it.
It is just like having your fiat in your bank account dormant in there for years without moving around, it has to move around.
budi12

Activity: 262
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 12:44:41 PM

You can bet on altcoins for the long term, you should be able to do the same with bitcoin. Altcoins in general always follow the price of bitcoin, so it's very much in tune when you do the same. Talking about hold, you must have a profit target. We don't always hold back, but there are times when we take advantage of it. So I think you should set a profit target. so you know where to let it go.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 12:50:44 PM

if we do not have sufficient knowledge in terms of trading, I think investment is a suitable choice for beginners. but it also has the consequence that we risk it in the long term so that we can make a profit later. High volatility makes many novice investors panic sell and end up losing money, they don't get what they want

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
panukurap

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

DAEFROM.com

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 01:33:21 PM

Hodl is not the only way but I think it's the best way because Bitcoin takes a long time to go up or down so it's a good idea to apply the long term method or hodl. But on the other hand you can still trade with short terms, you must monitor market conditions as often as possible. But you will not get as much profit as when you do hodl, the advantage is that you will get profit faster when doing short term.

taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1767

Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 06:16:28 PM

if we do not have sufficient knowledge in terms of trading, I think investment is a suitable choice for beginners. but it also has the consequence that we risk it in the long term so that we can make a profit later. High volatility makes many novice investors panic sell and end up losing money, they don't get what they want

Panic will only result in loss. Beginners who have just started trading are very likely to panic, due to lack of knowledge and unprepared psychology when trading.
holding back will be a better choice than having to sell at a low price which will result in a loss. The high volatility of bitcoin will make the price change faster, so it's just a matter of waiting and selling at a higher price to make a profit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 09:21:47 PM

investing in crypto is sam like the other, how long you can hold your desire to sell your stuff, but it doesnt mean you cant do anything with your coin. you can trade your coin every price give you profit, thats why you must separate your main fund with other. the main you can hold for a long time, and the other you can trading or following new crypto, who give you a choice, planning for short or a long time.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
December 14, 2021, 03:40:00 PM

Holding is not the only strategy. The idea is to buy low and sell when price goes up and then wait to buy when it dips again. That's my strategy.

it's a good strategy and in general investors and traders often do this strategy. In addition, we must also have patience so that we are not afraid if the market crashes. We must be able to control our emotions so that we are not greedy, if we can control our emotions then we can also find the right time to buy and sell Bticoin.
Like now we can buy Bitcoin and Altcoin when the market price is collapsing. Then we just have to wait for the market price to go higher, if the market price has gone up, it's time to make a profit.
Holding is only for the investors who lacks the time to put an extra effort to maximize its gains as much as possible, like the ones that have a main daily job like me. If only I have an extra time, I would love to learn how to trade weekly until I know how to do it by daily basis to have more profits.
Yes that's right, trading isn't an easy task or job to do because chances are it would make you greedy, that's why maintaining your emotions in a calm state is a must to avoid some losses in the future and to avoid mistakes. Aside from that, I joined a signature campaign in this forum to receive extra bitcoins weekly because it's all the time I can afford for now.

aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2021, 03:48:46 PM

You have several types of Alt and you are betting for the long term, with big gains. this is a good idea, there is nothing wrong with this strategy and you can use it on Bitcoin. I have a general view when looking at price movements in the market and this is common with all types of altcoins. when bitcoin goes up, all Alt follow up. there is even confusion for every trader to choose which Alt to invest. I think bitcoin is the main choice as a long-term investment, the rest you can choose other types of Alt as your next investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: