Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mining will become illegal  (Read 494 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 02:14:26 PM

never ever underestimate the damage the asshole beside you can do.

anon is a major pillar in crypto.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 02:30:29 PM

i am a small scale miner all i have is just 16 gtx 1060 3g mining from 5 years
In Russia, these issues are solved very simply.
It is not necessary for the equipment to be in your apartment, because if the equipment is found, you will have problems.
The equipment should be located in a location where the owner of the equipment cannot be identified. You risk the equipment being seized by the police, but it will be difficult to prove your guilt.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 02:45:14 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2021, 10:35:34 PM by xxcsu

as an answer if i get caught it will be jail time for 1-3 years
they don't do helicopters or thermal imaging just someone reports me , so i just want to hide if someone reports me and they get on my door they can't find them or they find just a normal pc

Probably your power company going to report you , because you are going to use to much electricity , way over the average household usage around your location.
Doesn't matter where or how you hiding your rig , or camouflaged your setup.

Im in the USA, but when i started to use my home mining setup , with around 150A power draw , few months later some officers was knocking on my door , and asked me about what's going on , do i growing weeds ? Smiley so i give them a tour in my small mining room , after that , never heard about them again ... later in the coming months , years , Power company persons come to my house a , bc the of the smart meter at my location reported overheating Smiley

Each of your 1060 GTX , with the right tune can draw somewhere between 70-90 watts , its just the card itself , so add few extra watts / rigs for motherboard/  cpu memory etc...
I'm assuming you have 2 rig with 8 cards each , so each rig is pulling around 600-750 watts , so in your case that's a max 1500 watts or 1.5KW / hours.

so if those agents going to your house , and your rigs hidden , you probably need to explain to them why is your power usage is high Smiley

Solution No 1 :
Solution During winter time :
Install a space heater ( but never use it ), if there is a winter in your country Smiley , and tell those agents , you feel cold all the times and your space heater must be on all the time Smiley
( actually your mining rig basically is a space heater , so somehow you will be honest with those agents Wink
Solution during summer time :
Install a window AC unit around 1500w rated power usage, but never use it , if those agents going to your house, tell them that's the ac what drawing than much power ...

As some other members mentioned , if your country really want to crack down on miners , sooner or later they going to analyze your IP traffic (and DNS) log , and from there they easily can find out , you are connected to a mining pool , so go ahead and set up a good vpn connection with a good firewall , use pfsense or opensense for self build. use different DNS that your ISP using as a default ...

And after all this , ask yourself a question , all this worth it to mine with 12 1060GTX , risk your freedom , spend some times in jail , or it would be a better solution to sell your cards , your rigs , and buy some coin and hold it , sell it when you need some money or when coin prices are up .

Solution No 2 :
Go completely off the gird , detailed info, suggestions HERE Smiley Wink , use solar panel , wind turbines , but make sure you have a good cell phone connection , so you can use a mobile hotspot to connect your rigs Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2021, 02:56:09 PM

they don't do helicopters or thermal imaging just someone reports me , so i just want to hide if someone reports me and they get on my door they can't find them or they find just a normal pc

Probably your power company going to report you , because you are going to use to much electricity , way over the average household usage around your location.
Doesn't matter where or how you hiding your rig , or camouflaged your setup.

Im in the USA, but when i started to use my home mining setup , with around 150A power draw , few months later some officers was knocking on my door , and asked me about what's going on , do i growing weeds ? Smiley so i give them a tour in my small mining room , after that , never heard about them again ... later in the coming months , years , Power company persons come to my house a , bc the of the smart meter at my location reported overheating Smiley

Each of your 1060 GTX , with the right tune can draw somewhere between 70-90 watts , its just the card itself , so add few extra watts / rigs for motherboard/  cpu memory etc...
I'm assuming you have 2 rig with 8 cards each , so each rig is pulling around 600-750 watts , so in your case that's a max 1500 watts or 1.5KW / hours.

so if those agents going to your house , and your rigs hidden , you probably need to explain to them why is your power usage is high Smiley

Solution No 1 :
Solution During winter time :
Install a space heater ( but never use it ), if there is a winter in your country Smiley , and tell those agents , you feel cold all the times and your space heater must be on all the time Smiley
( actually your mining rig basically is a space heater , so somehow you will be honest with those agents Wink
Solution during summer time :
Install a window AC unit around 1500w rated power usage, but never use it , if those agents going to your house, tell them that's the ac what drawing that much power ...

As some other members mentioned , if your country really want to crack down on miners , sooner or later they going to analyze your IP traffic log , and from there they easily can find out , you are connected to a mining pool , so go ahead and set up a good vpn connection with a good firewall , use pfsense or opensense for self build. use different DNS that your ISP using as a default ...

And after all this , ask yourself a question , all this worth it to mine with 12 1060GTX , risk your freedom , spend some times in jail , or it would be a better solution to sell your cards , your rigs , and buy some coin and hold it , sell it when you need some money or when coin prices are up .

Solution No 2 :
Go completely off the gird , detailed info, suggestions HERE Smiley Wink , use solar panel , wind turbines , but make sure you have a good cell phone connection , so you can use a mobile hotspot to connect your rigs Smiley

1500 watts per hour is a small amount of electricity consumption for an apartment in a very hot country.
Problems arise if neighbors write a statement to the police on you, then the police will already know what to look for, or they can then come with checks.
The most important thing is that no one should see this equipment.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2021, 04:45:41 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2021, 10:31:02 PM by xxcsu

1500 watts per hour is a small amount of electricity consumption for an apartment in a very hot country.
Problems arise if neighbors write a statement to the police on you, then the police will already know what to look for, or they can then come with checks.

1500 watts ,  24 hours per day , 7 days per week , 365 days/52 weeks per year is not a small amount of electricity !!!
36kwh/day , 252 kwh/week , 13104 kwh/year , and beside this usage he/she already using the average amount of electricity for that area , so its a extra Smiley
That 13104kw/year , can be around 1600$/year in average us electricity price , and i would not call that as a small amount of electricity usage even in a hot country Smiley

For education purpose  HERE is a LINK or HERE (older stat)  about average electricity usage from all over the word , especially I would suggest you to check out those " hot countries " usage vs Canada ! You will be surprised  Grin and you might can learn something new Smiley
.... And don't forget , google can be your best friend before posting something and want to make sure you posting the right information not some BS ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 11:07:46 AM

1500 watts ,  24 hours per day , 7 days per week , 365 days/52 weeks per year is not a small amount of electricity !!!
36kwh/day , 252 kwh/week , 13104 kwh/year , and beside this usage he/she already using the average amount of electricity for that area , so its a extra Smiley
That 13104kw/year , can be around 1600$/year in average us electricity price , and i would not call that as a small amount of electricity usage even in a hot country Smiley

For education purpose  HERE is a LINK or HERE (older stat)  about average electricity usage from all over the word , especially I would suggest you to check out those " hot countries " usage vs Canada ! You will be surprised  Grin and you might can learn something new Smiley
.... And don't forget , google can be your best friend before posting something and want to make sure you posting the right information not some BS ...

1500w is small, you can still fit ~3000w in a THHN AWG 14 at 220V.

1500w is just around 1.5hp of AC a refrigerator and a few lights.

average heavy duty extension cords are rated at 2500w LOL.
yadacoin.io

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 11:23:03 AM

Perhaps this will drive up the demand for CPU mining.
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2021, 02:21:49 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2021, 02:39:46 PM by xxcsu

So your AC compressor is running 24/7 all year long , your " few light bulbs" are on for 24/7 all year long , and your fridge compressor is running 24/7 all year long   Cheesy, and all this happening in a small apartment right ? LOL
So your continuous power usage in that "small apartment" , just from the AC / Fridge / few light , is 1500watts 24/7 all year long,  and using just this 3 things in that apartment, you paying around 133$ / months (calculated with 12cents/kwh) just for the AC /  few lamps / and a fridge ? Grin

1500 watts 24/7 is not much for industrial usage that's for sure , but for a small / reg size apartment ?
That's 36kwh/day (4.32$) , 252kwh/week (30.24$) , 1080kwh/months (129.6$) , 13104kwh/year (1572$)
Compare this usage with a world wide average ( especially for a small / reg size apartment ) , its not small at all , its actually more than the US typical household power consumption / year , and doubled what is the average in bigger European countries household power consumption / year .

From 2010 data :
In the US typical household power consumption is about 11,700 kWh each year, in France it is 6,400 kWh, in the UK it is 4,600 kWh and in China around 1,300 kWh.  The global average electricity consumption for households with electricity was roughly 3,500 kWh in 2010.

From 2015 data :
The average U.S. household consumes about 11,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year.However, electricity use in homes varies across regions of the United States and across housing types.

From 2020 data :
In 2020, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,715 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of about 893 kWh per month. Louisiana had the highest annual electricity consumption at 14,407 kWh per residential customer, and Hawaii had the lowest at 6,446 kWh per residential customer.

As I mentioned in my earlier post , some basic knowledge and google can be your best friend before posting LOL

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 03:27:09 PM

252 kwh/week =1008 kwh/month
This is an approximate electricity consumption in my apartment, and I pay about $ 50 a month for it.
Such electricity consumption can be provided by 2 conventional room air conditioners.
In private houses, it is allowed to consume up to 15,000 watts per hour, so for me this is a very small value.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2021, 07:32:01 PM

This is an approximate electricity consumption in my apartment, and I pay about $ 50 a month for it.
Such electricity consumption can be provided by 2 conventional room air conditioners.
In private houses, it is allowed to consume up to 15,000 watts per hour, so for me this is a very small value.

You are one of the luckiest one Smiley 0.049$/kwh ... thats what i would like to have LOL
50/1008=0.049 , so you paying 4.9 cents/kwh ( 0.049$/kwh)  with tax and everything in a residential are ... wondering what part of the world are you from Smiley , definitely not from the US (link) Smiley based on that electricity price you just mentioned Smiley
Tried to found out where are you from based on THIS electricity price chart (link) , but to be honest w you , i wasn't successful Smiley

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 09, 2021, 07:42:16 PM

You are one of the luckiest one Smiley 0.049$/kwh ... thats what i would like to have LOL
50/1008=0.049 , so you paying 4.9 cents/kwh ( 0.049$/kwh)  with tax and everything in a residential are ... wondering what part of the world are you from Smiley , definitely not from the US (link) Smiley based on that electricity price you just mentioned Smiley
Tried to found out where are you from based on THIS electricity price chart (link) , but to be honest w you , i wasn't successful Smiley

He is somewhere in russia, very cheap electricity, probably coming from nuclear plants.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 02:03:26 PM

So your AC compressor is running 24/7 all year long , your " few light bulbs" are on for 24/7 all year long , and your fridge compressor is running 24/7 all year long   Cheesy, and all this happening in a small apartment right ? LOL
So your continuous power usage in that "small apartment" , just from the AC / Fridge / few light , is 1500watts 24/7 all year long,  and using just this 3 things in that apartment, you paying around 133$ / months (calculated with 12cents/kwh) just for the AC /  few lamps / and a fridge ? Grin

1500 watts 24/7 is not much for industrial usage that's for sure , but for a small / reg size apartment ?
That's 36kwh/day (4.32$) , 252kwh/week (30.24$) , 1080kwh/months (129.6$) , 13104kwh/year (1572$)
Compare this usage with a world wide average ( especially for a small / reg size apartment ) , its not small at all , its actually more than the US typical household power consumption / year , and doubled what is the average in bigger European countries household power consumption / year .

From 2010 data :
In the US typical household power consumption is about 11,700 kWh each year, in France it is 6,400 kWh, in the UK it is 4,600 kWh and in China around 1,300 kWh.  The global average electricity consumption for households with electricity was roughly 3,500 kWh in 2010.

From 2015 data :
The average U.S. household consumes about 11,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year.However, electricity use in homes varies across regions of the United States and across housing types.

From 2020 data :
In 2020, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,715 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of about 893 kWh per month. Louisiana had the highest annual electricity consumption at 14,407 kWh per residential customer, and Hawaii had the lowest at 6,446 kWh per residential customer.

As I mentioned in my earlier post , some basic knowledge and google can be your best friend before posting LOL

you are talking to crypto miners. we aren't average and we aren't typical LOL
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 02:13:28 PM

Come to Russia to mine cryptocurrencies.
My price is in the range of $ 0.045-0.05/kwh,the price changes depending on the dollar exchange rate,but the best place in Russia for mining is Irkutsk region.
The electricity price is $ 0.014/kwh, and for retirees it is $ 0.07/kwh and there are no mining taxes.
And do not look at the official statistics in Russia, as a rule, these are incorrect data.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2021, 02:57:34 PM

No .. im talking about the OP , a person who trying to hide his 1500watts setup from the government
And Im talking about that 1500watts 24/7 , what can get the power company attention , bc that extra 1500watts/hour 24/7 is probably way more than what regular user/homeowner/renter using in his area.
If you growing weeds , police showing up at your door bc your electricity usage become way over average Smiley

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2021, 08:00:23 PM

No .. im talking about the OP , a person who trying to hide his 1500watts setup from the government
And Im talking about that 1500watts 24/7 , what can get the power company attention , bc that extra 1500watts/hour 24/7 is probably way more than what regular user/homeowner/renter using in his area.
If you growing weeds , police showing up at your door bc your electricity usage become way over average Smiley

Way more than? Way over average? These are your figures.. 13k, 11k, 10k,14k.

Police: the average this that, the typical this that... Here's your search warrant. LOL
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2021, 12:08:58 AM

Police: the average this that, the typical this that... Here's your search warrant. LOL

some ppl just really need to go back to the elementary school , and start again everything from the beginning , paying a little more attention to they teachers ... especially about reading , and understanding questions , issues !!!  LOL

The OP is worried about that search warrant  , he is worried about officers , government ppl showing up at his door with the warrant to search for his miners ...
He is even worry about if someone reports him and based on that report police can go to his house and  search for his miner(s) .

That's how "Some" government cracking down on home miners , based on they electricity usage after the mining ban ! yes if they have more than average usage of electricity!
I know its a really hard and difficult  to understand for some members here  , that's why they need to start from the beginning  LOL

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS TRYING TO SAY , WHAT HE IS WORRY ABOUT , WHY HE IS OPENED THIS TOPIC Huh
Or do you really need some help to find out what is his topic is all about Huh
His main concern is that search warrant !!! i know is probably hard for you to understand , so I'm trying to help you a little bit LOL

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 12:28:15 AM

some ppl just really need to go back to the elementary school , and start again everything from the beginning , paying a little more attention to they teachers ... especially about reading , and understanding questions , issues !!!  LOL

The OP is worried about that search warrant  , he is worried about officers , government ppl showing up at his door with the warrant to search for his miners ...
He is even worry about if someone reports him and based on that report police can go to his house and  search for his miner(s) .

That's how "Some" government cracking down on home miners , based on they electricity usage after the mining ban ! yes if they have more than average usage of electricity!
I know its a really hard and difficult  to understand for some members here  , that's why they need to start from the beginning  LOL

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS TRYING TO SAY , WHAT HE IS WORRY ABOUT , WHY HE IS OPENED THIS TOPIC Huh
Or do you really need some help to find out what is his topic is all about Huh
His main concern is that search warrant !!! i know is probably hard for you to understand , so I'm trying to help you a little bit LOL

from "way more than" to now "more than"  Grin

the chief of police: boys, anyone who breaches 10k usage of electricity may it be 0.1 or 0.001 we will serve the search warrant.

LOL
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2021, 05:04:43 AM

in my country mining is becoming illegal
any ideas on how to rebuild my rigs to be hidden or to look like a home pc
thanks

from "way more than" to now "more than"  Grin
the chief of police: boys, anyone who breaches 10k usage of electricity may it be 0.1 or 0.001 we will serve the search warrant.
LOL

For all your "more than" BS , the only thing I can say, just LISTEN THIS SONG , and concentrate on the lyrics , i hope you understand what is this song about , why is a perfect match for you LOL ,  I have some doubt about you, bc you have some serious issue to understanding a few things in this topic , but ...... don't give up my friend, one day you might going to be able to read between lines , and one day ... maybe one day ... you going to understand what is the OP main problem , one day .... maybe one day Smiley you going to be able to give him some helpful information , suggestions, but what I see ,  is going to take some times, till you growing up to this task  LOL
This beautiful song can be your hymn LOL
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
C Poждecтвoм и Hoвым Гoдoм
Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo

PS: Enjoy that nice song , be proud of yourself !  I'm not arguing with ppl like you , its not worth it , you are right with every word you just said i mean typed Smiley
You are smarter way more than Im , experienced way more than Im and everyone on this forum ...........
You are really helpful , way more than Im and everyone on this forum ...........
You are the BEST !
All my respect for you!
LOL

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 06:08:53 AM

in my country mining is becoming illegal
any ideas on how to rebuild my rigs to be hidden or to look like a home pc
thanks

from "way more than" to now "more than"  Grin
LOL

For all your "more than" BS , the only thing I can say, just LISTEN THIS SONG , and concentrate on the lyrics , i hope you understand what is this song about , why is a perfect match for you LOL ,  I have some doubt about you, bc you have some serious issue to understanding a few things in this topic , but ...... don't give up my friend, one day you might going to be able to read between lines , and one day ... maybe one day ... you going to understand what is the OP main problem , one day .... maybe one day Smiley you going to be able to give him some helpful information , suggestions, but what I see ,  is going to take some times, till you growing up to this task  LOL
This beautiful song can be your hymn LOL
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
C Poждecтвoм и Hoвым Гoдoм
Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo

PS: Enjoy that nice song , be proud of yourself !  I'm not arguing with ppl like you , its not worth it , you are right with every word you just said i mean typed Smiley
You are smarter way more than Im , experienced way more than Im and everyone on this forum ...........
You are really helpful , way more than Im and everyone on this forum ...........
You are the BEST !
All my respect for you!
LOL

Okay now let's put under surveillance the people buying over the counter 2500w rated extension cords, they are now suspects..might consume more than 1500w 24/7. LOL
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2021, 03:51:52 PM

Do you seriously think that your energy company has enough capacity to investigate?
In my country, a police officer is not allowed to enter an apartment if there is an increased consumption of electricity.
And the employees of the energy company can only check the readings of the electricity meters as well as the installation of equipment to stop the electricity meters.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██