Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stick to altcoins or switch to Bitcoin or stablecoins?  (Read 1120 times)
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2022, 12:01:39 PM

The decision of whether to stick with altcoin or switch to Bitcoin or stablecoin is dependent on the strategy you wish to employ. I'm of the opinion that the best or most lucrative would be to convert to stable coin when we have falling prices and reinvest in altcoin or bitcoin when the value is lower.
Even though most regard Bitcoin as the best choice in cryptocurrency investments we do however understand that there are good Alts to invest in too and not unless you want to sell to protect loss of fund during market downside, stable coins ain't really an option for investment as you have said so if OP has the investment capability, both Bitcoin and Altcoins are good for investment you just have to enter the good ones.
Questat

Activity: 2870
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 01:11:07 PM

I feel myself more comfortable holding bitcoin instead of holding altcoins. And I see no reason to hold stablecoins, as their value with time will be the same. I prefer to gain some profit from bitcoin price changes, take profit and reinvest. Even though I dont panic when market goes deep red and I am an experienced holder, can hold altcoins until their price double, triple or skyrocket, I prefer take less profit and often, then one time a year or later.
That is because Bitcoin is known to profit compared to altcoins and besides, the entire market seems to rely upon Bitcoin. And whatever happens to Bitcoin, this will also happen to the rest of cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin - long-term investment
Altcoins - mostly for short-term
Stablecoins - I convert my coins if the market dumps likely just an exit investment in order to secure our funds from not losing it.

Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 04:59:00 PM

The decision of whether to stick with altcoin or switch to Bitcoin or stablecoin is dependent on the strategy you wish to employ. I'm of the opinion that the best or most lucrative would be to convert to stable coin when we have falling prices and reinvest in altcoin or bitcoin when the value is lower.
Even though most regard Bitcoin as the best choice in cryptocurrency investments we do however understand that there are good Alts to invest in too and not unless you want to sell to protect loss of fund during market downside, stable coins ain't really an option for investment as you have said so if OP has the investment capability, both Bitcoin and Altcoins are good for investment you just have to enter the good ones.
Why would you sell if your only goal is to protect your coins or avoid losses? but the best solution for this is by using a stable coin. You must only sell if you want to make a profit or if you decide to cut loss the moment you have already incurred some losses. So, stop staying now that stable coins are useless because maybe you only didn't know their true value or their purpose.

You should try to use them sometimes and see for your self and of course if our goal when we invest is to make a profit, stable coins should not be the only one that we will pick but we also need altcoins if not bitcoins or you can just pick both of them in case you want to diversify your funds.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 10:08:19 PM

Stablecoins are a bit risky to me because they are based on companies. Otherwise they are really good investments as well. There are places that offer 10% to stablecoins, and I would like to make that much from it to be fair. Like if I invest 10k BUSD into a place and make 10% BUSD yearly, that is not bad, but how could I be sure that BUSD will stay? What if binance packs things up and leaves like mt.gox did?

However, I do agree that alts are far superior if you are looking at short term, in 20 years btc will beat almost any coin, but in 1 year terms there will be plenty of tokens and coins that will make you a lot more money than bitcoin could.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 10:31:37 PM

Have you reached your targeted price for your investment? If you have reached what you have set as a target before investing, then maybe it is time that you switch to stable coins. But if not, then I think you should just keep holding the coins you are holding.

Although it would depend on the coins, if the alternative coins that you are holding are the ones like Ethereum, BNB and other top altcoins in the market, then you might have to keep on holding those coins, because they definitely going to increase in value since most of them on top of the list usually correlate with Bitcoins price. If it’s not the top coins, maybe it’s high time that you just sell them and convert to Bitcoin.
savetheFORUM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2022, 05:29:55 AM

Choose both Bitcoin and some good altcoins. Bitcoin is the leader in the crypto market, it has stood the test of time and a long-term investment pays off. Some altcoins can also make good gains in the short term. At the same time, it is easier to profit with portfolio diversification.
I diversify with coins in My Portfolio, and it is mostly with top coins in the market that has huge market cap. I invested in ETH, and no matter how bad the market gets, I don’t really convert my ethereum to Bitcoin, because I think the both of them are good and is still just going to be the same thing, not much difference. I also have invested in Bitcoin, and majority of my investment goes into Bitcoin.

I always put about 60% of my investment capital in Bitcoin, and thenthe remaining 40% is what goes to altcoins, and about 20% of the capital would go to top altcoins I like, while the remaining 20% would go to any other project that I feel is going to be worth investing, but if I can’t find any good project I just put all of them in Bitcoin and the other top coins.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 10, 2022, 09:32:08 AM

It depends on trust factor and which coin you trust more. Generally, I don't move or convert my coins to other coins. I keep trust on my holdings but honestly speaking if you can identify the market trend of bear or bull then one should convert his coins according to the market sentiments to be safer side always.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: