Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bricked AMD 5700 XT Asus ROG Stirx  (Read 82 times)
tudex900 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 04:23:26 PM

Hello I have a problem with a Amd 5700xt Asus ROG Strix  i have a rig with 5 5700xt i modded 4 of them and everything works fine but when i modded the 5700xt Asus ROG Strix  the card just bricked it didnt appear on the hive os again.
The problem is that i switch the bios button and the card restarted but by mistake i just flashed again the bad bios and now the card is completly bircked.When i the card is pluged the rig is forzen when i plug my monitor with internal graphics the screen is black and i cant perform any commands.(I cant even enter the motherboard bios)
I have the original bios saved but now i cant flash it
Please help me
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 05:14:53 PM

You have 2 options: Restore your native BIOS using programs on your computer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGJIaK2fiM
or do it using the IC programmer.

The first method may have many options, but the main point is to detect the video card and update the BIOS.
If this is not possible, then option 2.
tudex900 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 05:17:29 PM

But its normal when the gpu its pluged to frezze the whole rig?
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 18, 2021, 05:37:53 PM

But its normal when the gpu its pluged to frezze the whole rig?
An important rule of any miner is not to repair the video card on a working mining farm. To do this, you need to use a separate computer with a built-in video card, so as not to flash the BIOS of another video card by mistake.
If you do not want to follow this rule, then during the experiments, disconnect the working video cards, and if the motherboard does not have integrated graphics, then use any GPU, such as GT 210.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: