Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bitcointalk moderate what coins can be posted in the ANN section ?
Yes - 38 (40.9%)
No - 55 (59.1%)
Total Voters: 88

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Should Bitcointalk moderate what coins can be posted in the ANN section ?  (Read 2304 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:22:55 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 12:44:47 AM by Spoetnik

Voting time.

What i am asking here is should some minimum requirements be added for posting a new coin ?
So for example no more scrypt coins can be announced unless they have been reviewed and offer something new.
And would any of you older members here be willing to moderate the ANN section if needed ?

Also would older members here be willing to volunteer their time to be on a panel to inspect and certify new coins ?
For example software and hardware gets reviewed on the internet all the time and they often give a review and an award level.
Like a new graphics card is released and one or more people inspect it and post a review then rate it on a scale say Gold, Silver or Bronze (or what ever)
I like this idea myself and would be willing to help do it but i would want it setup so that no award can be handed out unless it has been reviewed by others
AND we agreed with the majority the coin is approved etc. AND i would only do it if we did it all for free.. no kickbacks, bribes or bounties or fee's !

Off hand i would like say Kelsey, BCX, Zack and many others should be asked to be involved..
these are the kind of people i think that would do an honest and blunt review.
And they have also been showing a LOT of frustration with coin spammers here lately.
Also i think who gets on the panel should be a vote with some panels guys too.

I am not concerned with if i am involved or not i just want to see things improved.
What i have suggested here is in my opinion a constructive way to help improve the situation over all.

So what do you all think ? and please vote too Smiley

edit:
Looks like i screwed up the Poll lol
Oh well it should still work anyway.. i am curious what you all think.
So if you think MAYBE ? then i guess click vote for both yes and no.

edit:
For my Poll question i want to clarify that i am not saying how it should be moderated.
If Bitcointalk itself wanted to setup its own criteria for the idea then fine no problem.
Or if you all out there had your own idea for how it should be moderated differently than it is now then great lets hear what ya think..
Who knows maybe staff will see this and one of your comments people and decide to make some kind of change.
I just hope that if some of you have a problem with me you will set that aside and look at what i asked objectively.
I wanted to put it out there and see what you all say / come up with.. This is not a platform to push my own agenda or bicker with you all.
I will try and avoid turning this is into an argument fest lol Wink
Everyone is fully entitled to their own opinions and i value them all.

FUD first & ask questions later™
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:51:08 AM

Yes I have put this idea forward before so I support your proposal 100% as long as the alt panel are not scammers.
Would be good to have a mix: 25% Technical (code, algo, innovation etc), 25% investor, 25% miner, 20% marketing, 5% translations on the panel IMO.
It would only really work well if bitocintalk (and maybe cryptocoin talk) shutdown their ANN page and opened up a new altdoor where the panels at,
through which all new coin proposals must pass through first before launching.
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:47:26 AM

Why are people around here so obsessed with imposing their will on others?

Why do you have such a problem with the free market?

ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:53:19 AM

I'm against shitcoins and scamcoins.

Voted No
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:15:59 AM

A better idea would be to have a poll 'thread' where coins could be voted on before being approved?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:40:17 AM

no. reason being free markets blah blah blah
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:45:21 AM

Voting time.

Off hand i would like say Kelsey, BCX, Zack and many others should be asked to be involved..
these are the kind of people i think that would do an honest and blunt review.
And they have also been showing a LOT of frustration with coin spammers here lately.
Also i think who gets on the panel should be a vote with some panels guys too.

You really think you and your fellow extortionists are going to get into a position of power just like that? Fuck you an fuck your centralization.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:51:00 AM

Your Tux has an AK  Grin

wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:58:08 AM

I'm against shitcoins and scamcoins.

Voted No

Why vote no if you want more weeding out of the shitcoins?
Fuck the free market. You want to copy capitalism go buy USD.
Seems most here are simply devs scared about losing there shitcoins earnings.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:31:17 AM

Ya tokyo i thought i'd have your vote lol
you all got what i meant right yes for some added new rules and no leave it as it is right ?

and lunatic i have never been involved in the slightest with any thing extortion related and i find that offensive to say the least.
your other comments and topics are are tsunami of lies and bs. your such a clown lol

i am surprised but maybe there is far more shell accounts here than i realized and i knew there was a lot lol
one or two of these pro coin spammers could prob login to TONS of accounts to vote Sad

You guys think it's fine the way it is or should there be a bit more of a criteria to post a new coin ?
You think i should be able to literally ctrl c and ctrl v a folder and then make a new topic changing the icon and name non stop everyday and that is fine ?
free market blah blah blah ?
by the way there is no such thing as a free market and we ALREADY have rules in every way imaginable so modifying what they are is what i am talking about.
wanna talk about rules ? how about the fact there is a scammer tag rating system many of us are held accountable to
and yet coin scammers are free to hide and create accounts non stop dodging it.. explain that free market crap to me.

You guys realize that if gets too far out of control i bet they will make these changes anyway..
they have already added new restrictions not long ago to the Altcoin section based on user posting what they deem as spam.
and the reason why is because it bloats the database.. something selfish brats and scammers couldn't care less about.
keep adding a grain of sand to a pile and that pile will one day pretty damn big !

I voted yes because i don't think all rules should be abandoned. As a society we need them to function or society would collapse instantly.
Remove all stop signs and stop lights and road lines and markers and see what happens.. Take away every cop on earth and see what happens.
As i said already i think scam coin supporters sound like NAMBLA members.. they demand they have the right to diddle little kids.
So if you all say there should be no rules then i have no choice but to assume you agree with molesting little children or raping women or or or..
A fully free market with no rules is fully free.. you can't go and say oh well i support ripping people off with pyramid schemes but i don't agree with fucking little boys.
It's black or white freedom or not.. you can't have your cake and eat it too, it's not even possible.
So either you support freedom to exploit victims through any means necessary or you don't.. and all i know is i don't support pedo's lol
or taking advantage of the vulnerable and then saying fuck em.. Lambo'z ya'll  Cool

edit:
Is the scammer tag rating system still here now Huh

edit2:
My avatar was the icon posted on the Ubuntu page when some guy with the same name as me hacked Ubuntu's forums last year.
It was not me and i have no idea who did it, i regged my name way before i knew about the other guy.. for example i regged my Steam account name back in like 2005'ish
It was my way of trolling on people to get them to think i was the hacker but it didn't work.. i never met anyone ever that heard of the hacker or the incident LOL

crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:39:48 AM

What if all the devs will go to another forum ? People will follow them because mining for BTC is too hard and they want to play the pump&dump game in order to make a quick buck.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:41:05 AM

ya a new forum.. i have thought of that too, it's something we should consider i think.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:43:45 AM

i am surprised but maybe there is far more shell accounts here than i realized and i knew there was a lot lol
one or two of these pro coin spammers could prob login to TONS of accounts to vote Sad

Doubt that is the issue. If you look at the shitcoin killing thread, there were probably more people against it, than for it. There may be people who dislike junky coins, think there are too many, but do not think centralization is a good idea.  Nor think many of the ideas in that thread as a whole were a good idea -- extortion, forking coins, and the thread itself was started by someone who makes their own shitcoins (hypocriticial to say the least).

And I'm not saying you are for extortion, although more than once I believe you are fine with people forking/wrecking other people's coins. And I don't think anyone here has that right. Why should we let someone else decide for us if we want a coin, or don't want it?

And that is why people vote no, and why I voted no.

If you want to educate people about which coins are worth investing in, knock yourself out. It's a forum, after all.

So if you all say there should be no rules then i have no choice but to assume you agree with molesting little children or raping women or or or..

Completely insane argument. Just let people vote, no need to say nutty things like that.
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:51:52 AM

I must admit, there are too many coins right now which confuse the miners and don't bring any improvement to the world of crypto .
These coins are created with one purpose in their lifetime: pump and  vigorous dump.
I think the "evolution" will select the valuable ones: VTC, BC, DarkCoin etc. and will discard into oblivion the others.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:52:50 AM

@poornamelessme

i have the right to fork coins it's free market.. why is it ok for you to add some scam coin but i am not allowed to stop them ?
you are being a hypocrite.

and even some minor rules would help things and that is far faaar away from this so called centralization you keeping claiming we are demanding.
No on has asked for that at all and you and one or two other guys keep saying that because your twisting around what we are saying because you refuse to see what we actually said.

A free market is fine but it works both ways.. you can't say well it's only applicable for me to steal money from people but if some guy who gets ripped off kicks your ass
your going to call the cops and say he broke the law attacking me..
I honestly think you supporters are so full of shit your eyes are brown lol
and your going to get tripped up in your broken logic again and again i can assure you Wink

edit:
@crocko
Market saturation.. imagine if we focused together to support a smaller group of coins.. just imagine how much better those would be Smiley

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 06:57:12 AM

No

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

and your going to get tripped up in your broken logic again and again i can assure you Wink
I wanted to put it out there and see what you all say / come up with.. This is not a platform to push my own agenda or bicker with you all.

So much for valuing all opinions and not bickering, I guess?

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:59:46 AM

As i said already i think scam coin supporters sound like NAMBLA members.. they demand they have the right to diddle little kids.
A fully free market with no rules is fully free.. you can't go and say oh well i support ripping people off with pyramid schemes but i don't agree with fucking little boys.

Your completely idiotic and your analogies are completely idiotic. And on a side note I'm sure you'd love a society with no rules so you could go around  extorting people with no consequences.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:06:07 AM

I wanted to put it out there and see what you all say / come up with.. This is not a platform to push my own agenda or bicker with you all.

So much for valuing all opinions and not bickering, I guess?

you were free to address what i said but you chose to make this personal in the reply i just quoted.
If you disagree then say so.. i'm not stopping you.
i caught you being a hypocrite and pointed it out.. You can post garbage but it's against the law to stop the garbage ?
tell me how that isn't a situation where you demand no rules until i want to stop your coin then you want rules..
then you ignore responding to any assertion i made and change the subject and go after me..

stick to the topic please.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:14:44 AM

Your completely idiotic and your analogies are completely idiotic. And on a side note I'm sure you'd love a society with no rules so you could go around  extorting people with no consequences.

how many coins have you posted here ? None ?

well then what coins have you mined or traded ?

your behavior makes you transparent i think.. you must be making a living on flash mining every scam coin that gets posted hourly..
otherwise you would not be on a mission to discredit anyone that opposes your view and guess what ?
My views stand on their own solid it doesn't matter what i think or do or say.. they stand on their own.
As Gavin Anderson said before about Satoshi.. he doesn't care whether the person is good or evil if they got a good idea then fine.. great.
So yeah by all means keep bending over backwards *trying to attack and discredit me all you want guys i laugh my ass off at you and carry on..
you Trolls are insignificant.. your follow along on every topic and try as you might, attack me or others and create diversions etc but
since you refuse to actually debate any of the topics at hand you contribute nothing what so ever and there for are not effective in any way at all in stopping us.
your spinning your wheels going nowhere while i convince more and more people to stand up to you scammer bullshit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: