Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pls help me decide  (Read 274 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 01:20:51 PM

580s consume more electricity than 1660 super and their hashpower is the same, I will surely go for the 1660 super because they generate less heat and more efficient than AMD rx580.
Now these video cards are very expensive and they are already outdated, and after the end of ethereum mining, they will lose in mining to modern video cards. Now is a bad time to buy, and after the price cuts, I would choose modern video cards.
7deadlyBTCIN

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 07:12:08 AM

Between a gtx 1660 super and rx580 8gb which one is good for 2022 mining? I heard ETH is going away but I still have interest in mining coins for 2024 sake so I will hold every coins I'm going to make starting from now, which one is the best?
i think is similiar result in profit with differential algo that support, while nvidia is easier to handle, and some people said, nvidia has longer lifespan compared amd,

which is i experienced this in polaris series aka rx 400/500, thats gpu build for value card not highend device, other amd series like tahiti & vega consider high end card

and tend to be longer lifespan
The reason why NVIDIA cards have longer life span than AMD is because Nvidia cards runs cooler than AMD GPUs, they produce less heats than AMD cards and as we know it heat is the real enemy of graphic cards, the lesser the heat the longer its life
AMD cards are programmed to run hotter and this doesn't shrink their life spans, if any AmD card die on you it's a bad card or no good ventilation where your mining rig is, AMD cards are strong.
DevFile90

Activity: 227
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 09:29:43 AM

580s consume more electricity than 1660 super and their hashpower is the same, I will surely go for the 1660 super because they generate less heat and more efficient than AMD rx580.
Now these video cards are very expensive and they are already outdated, and after the end of ethereum mining, they will lose in mining to modern video cards. Now is a bad time to buy, and after the price cuts, I would choose modern video cards.

I'm seeing rx580 graphic cards on Alibaba website right now for the price of 300$ do you think this is high? very soon price will collapse because mining isn't profitable like before, in few more months mining difficulty will tumble as many mining machine will go offline.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 11:47:11 AM

I'm seeing rx580 graphic cards on Alibaba website right now for the price of 300$ do you think this is high? very soon price will collapse because mining isn't profitable like before, in few more months mining difficulty will tumble as many mining machine will go offline.
If the delivery time is about a month, then it can be expensive for video cards whose condition you cannot check. You may be sent problematic video cards that require repair. It is better to buy such video cards only after checking in China.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 04:33:18 PM

personally i would choose the gtx 1660 super even if it has only 6 gb of ram it is enough for most altcoins is newer / more modern and maybe it consumes a little less energy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: