Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:13:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Proxy - Solo Mining  (Read 365 times)
FaMiner (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 07:51:16 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've learned quite a bit from these forums, so thank you all for your valuable insight.  Cheesy

Well, as the title suggest, this is something I've found recently, and have been very interested in doing, but the last bit of info. regarding Proxy mining was for a couple of years ago, and hasn't been updated. This miner on 2miners barely has 20 Mh/s, yet found 2 blocks back to back. Yes, I know a lot of it is luck, but this is just ridiculous, lol:

https://solo-eth.2miners.com/account/0x2785d882afde6423f8d712b6c3d555e5bfbb742f#farms

Next to his mining address, it says "Proxy detected", and goes into more detail when clicking on the little i. I'm using stratu.ms, but haven't had much luck finding blocks. And as I'm sure someone will ask, I am only at 430 Mh/s. I know, this is nothing for solo mining Ethereum, and will probably find a block right before Eth goes POS, haha.

But, I'm curious about this Proxy server mining, getting only the high difficultly shares to solve blocks. If anyone knows anymore, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!0
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 08:05:41 PM

When solo mining you are mining at the difficulty of the network.  There is only that one difficulty as you have to find a block not just help find a block.
FaMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 09:01:00 PM

Ok. So I know the amount of shares is not important when it comes to solo mining, but with my past experience with solo mining ergo for example, I know I did not find blocks until I found shares that had a difficulty in the Petahash range. I do get a decent amount of Terahash shares, or “T” shares lol, but I still haven’t found the famous “P” share for solo mining Ethereum. And, I understand why of course, I don’t have the hash power to find shares and blocks like the heavy hitters do. That’s why the proxy interest me a lot, because supposedly, the proxy filters out the low difficulty shares, and only finds high difficulty shares, that  will be submitted? Or something along those lines. I figured that would give me some sort of edge with barely 500 mega hashes.

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 10:07:38 PM

Yeah it wont unfortunately the Eth network is just gotten too big.  Other smaller networks should be workable but Eth is just network hashrate is just too big. 
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 01:28:30 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've learned quite a bit from these forums, so thank you all for your valuable insight.  Cheesy

Well, as the title suggest, this is something I've found recently, and have been very interested in doing, but the last bit of info. regarding Proxy mining was for a couple of years ago, and hasn't been updated. This miner on 2miners barely has 20 Mh/s, yet found 2 blocks back to back. Yes, I know a lot of it is luck, but this is just ridiculous, lol:

https://solo-eth.2miners.com/account/0x2785d882afde6423f8d712b6c3d555e5bfbb742f#farms

Next to his mining address, it says "Proxy detected", and goes into more detail when clicking on the little i. I'm using stratu.ms, but haven't had much luck finding blocks. And as I'm sure someone will ask, I am only at 430 Mh/s. I know, this is nothing for solo mining Ethereum, and will probably find a block right before Eth goes POS, haha.

But, I'm curious about this Proxy server mining, getting only the high difficultly shares to solve blocks. If anyone knows anymore, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!0
so you expecting got around 2.3 eth gambling 7 months of mining and burning electric for that, well i think better pool mining for while, after eth hit morethan 0.1 btc sell all mining you earn and buy back when eth drop morethen 60% when btc hit 200k, that for sure you can get arround 1 block reward and yeah this is not gambling

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
FaMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 02:26:19 PM

Yeah it wont unfortunately the Eth network is just gotten too big.  Other smaller networks should be workable but Eth is just network hashrate is just too big. 

I think the highest difficulty share I found while solo mining ETH was 365T, I got pretty excited, hoping the next shares would get higher and higher. lol didn't happen of course. And just my luck, sometime at 2:30AM, someone with 400 Mh/s finds a block. It was only 1.99, but still, a block is a block, lol.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 03:26:31 PM

Check out these statistics
https://miningpoolstats.stream/ethereum
If your hash rate is less than 10 GH/s, then you better mine on the pool, because you will get more profit.
With a hash rate of 430 Mh/s, you can earn about $ 800 per month, and accumulate 1 coin in a few months.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FaMiner (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2021, 10:48:48 AM

If your hash rate is less than 10 GH/s, then you better mine on the pool, because you will get more profit.
With a hash rate of 430 Mh/s, you can earn about $ 800 per month, and accumulate 1 coin in a few months.

Yea, I know, you are right about that. It just amazes me (and pisses me off), when lower hashrate miners find blocks, with practically no luck. Like a couple of weeks ago, a non-proxy miner having barely 100Mh/S found a block at 0% luck! Yea, luck does play a huge factor, lol.

I am also trying to cop more cards, but they are hard.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2021, 04:21:44 PM

Yea, I know, you are right about that. It just amazes me (and pisses me off), when lower hashrate miners find blocks, with practically no luck. Like a couple of weeks ago, a non-proxy miner having barely 100Mh/S found a block at 0% luck! Yea, luck does play a huge factor, lol.

I am also trying to cop more cards, but they are hard.
I tried solo mining and saw miners who received several blocks per month with a hash rate of several gigahashes.
There are no blocks with a large commission now, and therefore there is no point in wasting time looking for blocks in solo mining with such hashrate.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FaMiner (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 08:42:15 PM

Seriously, dude found 2 blocks, today!

This is unreal, Which to me tells me that mining through a proxy still exist. I just don’t know how to do it.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 12:38:16 PM

There are problems with hashrate statistics.
If you look at its statistics, it will be clear that it is impossible to catch a block with such a hash rate.
Try to mine for a few days with a hashrate of 430 Mh/s from this pool, and you will understand everything from your own experience. This will not be a big loss for you.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 05:06:22 AM
Merited by FP91G (1)

Most likely it’s a proxy because it’s some large farm. And the hashrate displayed is not accurate, it’s maybe one of the rigs that sends it to the pool while he has dozens of rigs in total.

There is no secret in here. Just his hashrate is hidden and since he found a bunch of blocks already it means that it isn’t luck.

Mining this way won’t make you find 1 ETH block a day with a GPU or 2.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 11:07:09 AM

This is the main problem. If this solo mining was profitable, then the owner of the address would be constantly mining in solo and receiving awards.
And according to the statistics of the pool, miners raid the pool and leave. This is worth considering if you have a small hashrate.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
soda37

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2022, 08:52:09 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2022, 11:13:36 PM by Mr. Big

Most likely it’s a proxy because it’s some large farm. And the hashrate displayed is not accurate, it’s maybe one of the rigs that sends it to the pool while he has dozens of rigs in total.

There is no secret in here. Just his hashrate is hidden and since he found a bunch of blocks already it means that it isn’t luck.

Mining this way won’t make you find 1 ETH block a day with a GPU or 2.

Why do you say "likely"? It's a proxy definitely. Even pool detected this saying "proxy detected", This account is using a special proxy server that filters out low difficulty shares, only submitting shares that solve the block. Low difficulty shares goes to pool while high difficulty shares goes to solo and benefit proxy user solely effectively stealing from the pool.

there are worse examples also on ethermine, see https://ethermine.org/miners/0x0e3918efec28549af51a80f7776d0a75783083ec/dashboard That guy mine on ethermine PPLNS pool as well as on 2miners solo pool, see: https://solo-eth.2miners.com/account/0x0e3918efec28549af51a80f7776d0a75783083ec effectively stealing from ethermine. Ethermine support keeps silent, seems they don't care and don't combat with such thieves.
ekiller
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1112

LLP Programming & Electronics

View Profile
June 10, 2022, 10:20:02 AM

too suspicious low hash miners find block in 2miners in the last weeks.  
if you look closely, you can lose your mind.
only in the last 2 weeks, just me saw more than 20 low hash miners  block  hit.

These miners ranged from 50mh/s - 5000 mh/s.
Yes...!  50mh/s  right.

average 1500mh - 3500mh  too many miner hit block.

But there is 80Gh/s miner can't hit block.

S3300

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2022, 03:36:00 PM

This is the main problem. If this solo mining was profitable, then the owner of the address would be constantly mining in solo and receiving awards.
And according to the statistics of the pool, miners raid the pool and leave. This is worth considering if you have a small hashrate.
Are you saying at this point that Solo mining Ethereum is worth the shot? 20MH is impossible to solve a block I think something feels wrong here, maybe 2miner is up to something? Anyways, as for OP difficulty is insane right now its better to solo mine other coins if solo mining is your favourite thing.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: