Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:28:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: or is  immersion cooling the only way to go with cooling miners down?
fridge/freezer - 0 (0%)
immersion cooling - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hire a engineer to build me cooling system like a fridge/freezer  (Read 91 times)
bliblz69 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 03:53:27 AM

I am plan on getting a professional to design me cooling system for my 2 KD5'S has anyone design or  made a cooling system like a fridge/freezer like system that works and remove's the condensation problem.

Does anyone know what is the maximum temp ratio these run at or has anyone figured out how low they can put the temp without running into Condensation problems ? Does anyone know of any company that would give out design plans or make one for me ? For just 2 miners I want to see what is the maximum hash rate these KD5'S can perform at when overclocking them.

1. Goldshell KD5
2. qty 2
3.  Max 3 - 45°C the machines vary from 65°C - 80°C with exhaust fan 99°C without
4. Phase 1 240v 50hz
5. coin : KDA

i have 8.5 kw solar system.

I do plan on getting more miners in the  future.
Though just need help with my first two so the chips don't break in the long run.

or is  immersion cooling the only way to go with cooling miners down? What is maximum temp you can reach with immersion cooling ?

I have seen  some vids the machines only drop from 80°C - 70°C then 40°C I guess that is ideal but I want to do more to see what is the maximum it can do without breaking the machine of course.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 12:21:58 PM

I am plan on getting a professional to design me cooling system for my 2 KD5'S has anyone design or  made a cooling system like a fridge/freezer like system that works and remove's the condensation problem.

Does anyone know what is the maximum temp ratio these run at or has anyone figured out how low they can put the temp without running into Condensation problems ? Does anyone know of any company that would give out design plans or make one for me ? For just 2 miners I want to see what is the maximum hash rate these KD5'S can perform at when overclocking them.

1. Goldshell KD5
2. qty 2
3.  Max 3 - 45°C the machines vary from 65°C - 80°C with exhaust fan 99°C without
4. Phase 1 240v 50hz
5. coin : KDA

i have 8.5 kw solar system.

I do plan on getting more miners in the  future.
Though just need help with my first two so the chips don't break in the long run.

or is  immersion cooling the only way to go with cooling miners down? What is maximum temp you can reach with immersion cooling ?

I have seen  some vids the machines only drop from 80°C - 70°C then 40°C I guess that is ideal but I want to do more to see what is the maximum it can do without breaking the machine of course.

I have no problems with condensation. Our mining room is an old barn and we have room temperature from around 0°C in winter. The GPU´s go down to 25°C sometimes and we have no problems. Our ASIC´s are working with 45°C - 71°C at the moment.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 01:23:12 PM

i ever saw this kind type custom cooling build back in 2017 , he using for gpu farm but is hard moded, directly attach to gpu heatsink, didnt know that will ruinied resale value

those gpu afterthat, but yeah it worked very well in ambient temp around 28c, that the most efficent cooling i ever saw

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 01:56:59 PM

Cooling strategy depends on which country you are living in, right now it's harmattan season in my country and I'm using my GPUs mining rigs to warm my body, my GPUs hardly reach 50°C  Grin I'm so happy about this result even my RTX 3070ti are all doing so well, you will be fine with whatever cooling design you go with mate cos I have a friend that uses A/C in is mining farm since last year no single GPU dead so far

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 11:08:58 PM

Cooling strategy depends on which country you are living in, right now it's harmattan season in my country and I'm using my GPUs mining rigs to warm my body, my GPUs hardly reach 50°C  Grin I'm so happy about this result even my RTX 3070ti are all doing so well, you will be fine with whatever cooling design you go with mate cos I have a friend that uses A/C in is mining farm since last year no single GPU dead so far

A/C for mining??...top is in LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: