Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:58:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No device detected when solo mining CHTA with Gekko Compac F  (Read 64 times)
dddu88 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 05:29:55 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2021, 05:48:24 AM by dddu88

Hi All, I have one Gekko newpac stick and one Gekko Compac F red stick, but I have issues when I tried to solo mining CHTA with my gekko compac F device, I tried command in this format which I used to run my gekko newpac stick:
/cgminer-gekko/cgminer -o http://127.0.0.1:9546 -u xxxxxx -p xxxxx --net-delay --no-submit-stale --btc-address xxxxxx --gekko-serial "GS-xxxxx" --gekko-newpac-detect --gekko-compacf-freq 300

I checked the log message, it always complained about No device detected, and when I run cgminer -T --usb-dump 1, I can see my compac F is detected and I put the right serial name in the command.

I do not know it is software issue or hardware issue, the software I used is on this link: https://github.com/wareck/cgminer-gekko, so does the cgminer support solo mining CHTA for compac F? does the hardware or driver support solo mining? I tried pool mining with some pool org, it works but the reward is too low to be worth it, for Newpack devices solo mining, they work very well when the network resets, I like to use the compac F for the same purpose, how to make it work as well for compac F?

Any clues?

Thanks
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 01:29:19 PM

a. Are you using the latest cgminer downloaded from Kano's github site that has the driver for the F in it? Winblows version is here. Previous versions will not run it. Unless there is some specific reason to use some other version from someone else, ALWAYS use versions done by the original authors (eg Kano) to be sure there is nothing nefarious going on in the code.

b. This area is for Bitcoin only. Altcoins have their own areas in the Forum -- use them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2021, 01:31:35 PM

The first step is to stop mining such shit coin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: