Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LEASERIG Question  (Read 796 times)
reesev (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:25:44 AM

Ive got one of my Antminers posted on Leaserig and a person keeps renting it but I have a few questions..

This person has his pool setup to a IP addrress and he is getting very slow hash rates..  50-70ghs

He keeps re renting for 24 hours.

Here are the Questions:

1) How can he be making a profit?

2) Any idea one whats actually going on here?

3) Any way to determine what coin he is mining?

Normally I could care less what a person is mining but im amazed he isnt bitching about the slow hashrates so he seems to be happy with the slower rate.. so naturally it set off redflags when he keeps renewing.  I guess i want to make sure nothing illegal could be going on here like using the machine to do something malicious.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:21:06 AM

he could make profit depending on what coin he is mining and how much he is paying for his electricity.

21solider21

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:59:33 PM

Maybe you should check betarigs.com , I was always very pleased with their service and also, you should try contacting the admin, he perhaps knows how to help you
laserfocus

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:38:47 AM

Ive got one of my Antminers posted on Leaserig and a person keeps renting it but I have a few questions..

This person has his pool setup to a IP addrress and he is getting very slow hash rates..  50-70ghs

Here are the Questions:

Normally I could care less what a person is mining but im amazed he isnt bitching about the slow hashrates so he seems to be happy with the slower rate.. so naturally it set off redflags when he keeps renewing.  I guess i want to make sure nothing illegal could be going on here like using the machine to do something malicious.

He may be new to mining.  While a ton of hashes is nice...a well defined strategy is more important than competing head to head against miners with far more resources.

Learned something new from your post.  Thought rig owners knew exactly which coins are being mined when leasing rigs to 3rd parties.
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:48:53 AM

He could be mining a very new coin, and hoping one day it will reach mainstream.

softron

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:03:05 AM

He must be mining an altcoin.

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:39:29 PM

It's possible he's mining on a p2pool node which can have strange effects on hashrate.

Altcoins can be a little flaky also and have low overall hash due to connectivity issues.

A third alternative is that he's a developer renting your unit to test his pool or mining software, which isn't 100% yet.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
reesev (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:47:34 PM

well he has re rented now for a week now and last look his hashrate was 21ghs out of a antminer! anyway to determine what coin is being mined?

do mining exploits exist? im pretty sure this guy has mutiple rigs rented so he has to be making a profit.
mycoin254

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:16:17 AM

Here are the Questions:

He may be new to mining.  While a ton of hashes is nice...a well defined strategy is more important than competing head to head against miners with far more resources.

Learned something new from your post.  Thought rig owners knew exactly which coins are being mined when leasing rigs to 3rd parties.

Now play the ore cost is really high, it will not even pay money.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:36:06 AM

well he has re rented now for a week now and last look his hashrate was 21ghs out of a antminer! anyway to determine what coin is being mined?

do mining exploits exist? im pretty sure this guy has mutiple rigs rented so he has to be making a profit.

If you are renting your rig out on the Leaserig proxy, you can't know what pool it is.
If you are using the API, you can look at the pool and its coin.
reesev (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:02:51 AM

hes connecting to a IP not a domain/pool.
sitecoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:46:30 AM

he could make profit depending on what coin he is mining and how much he is paying for his electricity.

What you said is right, now too many copycat coins are not very many money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: