Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web 3.0 metaverse projects  (Read 41 times)
Tellek Garing (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 25, 2021, 12:14:45 PM

Crypto currency space is just like stardom at every point in time there is always a new star that gets the stage for some time, same in crypto we started from ICO to IEO and then Defi to NFT and now there is a new wave which is the metaverse which is currently occupying the center stage of cryptocurrency right now, and a lot of users including myself does not have adequate information on what metaverse is all about and how it works.
Can anyone enlighten me on what web 3.0 projects are and how they work?
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

CoinPoker.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2021, 02:45:12 PM

This is a helpful image for easy-to-understand web3. As you can see on the image, web3 shows "decentralization" compare to web 1 and web 2 which is most (probably all) are centralized, controlled by a central entity or company.
There are already a lot of examples for web3 right now, that some people already using, most of them are ofcourse using blockchain, cryptocurrencies involved.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 25, 2021, 10:19:19 PM

It's this idea that you can now start to really "own" the internet and the content that is hosted on it.

But in reality, I think that what Jack Dorsey said has a lot of validity. The VCs have pretty much exclusive control of the majority of networks in this space and it's not even close to being decentralised.

Anyhow, don't get caught up with the Metaverse/DeFi rush - it can come down as fast as it went up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: