Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Wallet Hacking through Telegram  (Read 903 times)
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
December 07, 2022, 09:51:16 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Unfortunately, these things are very common, but for the first time I hear that they are also on Telegram. It is necessary to disable the automatic download feature, whether in Telegram or others, this is very dangerous.
But I did not know what kind of wallets were targeted by the virus exactly, there are many versions of Telegram on Mac, Windows, Android and iPhone, I am using the version of Telegram for Windows desktop and I have an Electrum wallet installed on the Windows system, so I do not know if this virus can target this wallet?
Dont know if it could ran off automatically even if the app wasnt been launched.
This is why im not really that installing but i have searched out that you could
do disable that automedia download which i could say that it is really that safety to turn it off.

Turn Off Automatic Download of Specific Media on Telegram

Dont know if this one is relevant but not really that something bad to test it out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 30, 2022, 09:59:45 PM

Unfortunately, these things are very common, but for the first time I hear that they are also on Telegram. It is necessary to disable the automatic download feature, whether in Telegram or others, this is very dangerous.
But I did not know what kind of wallets were targeted by the virus exactly, there are many versions of Telegram on Mac, Windows, Android and iPhone, I am using the version of Telegram for Windows desktop and I have an Electrum wallet installed on the Windows system, so I do not know if this virus can target this wallet?
Dont know if it could ran off automatically even if the app wasnt been launched.
This is why im not really that installing but i have searched out that you could
do disable that automedia download which i could say that it is really that safety to turn it off.

Turn Off Automatic Download of Specific Media on Telegram

Dont know if this one is relevant but not really that something bad to test it out.

I am a user of telegram but not really an active one.
But such warning is really good to avoid possible problem in the future.
I believe a lot of telegram users as well as crypto users are not aware of this feature.
A simple turning off the Auto-Download Media may save your funds from those fraudulent activities.
Scammers will always try and try to get into the vulnerabilities of your computer, so no wonder they are resorting to this route.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: