Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:39:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Is Trying To Rip Me Off My $3000 Worth Of BNB  (Read 79 times)
adewhale (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2021, 05:04:58 PM

Hello Guys!
Please I need your help.
I am a local crypto trader, I exchange cryptos to local currency. So I made a deposit of 5.5 BNB worth approximately $3000 as at time of deposit; from my Binance Bep2 wallet using their Cross-Chain Transaction feature.

The deposit was successful and here is the https://bscscan.com/tx/0x9f3480ea24e9c025cc4864745d0b24e7756151012b161fbfd6edc5166f0924df But the deposit wasn't credited to my Poloniex account.

I contacted their support and the response they gave me is that "Upon further investigation, we are unable to recover this deposit. You made a cross-chain transaction. A cross-chain is simply interoperability between two independent blockchains without an escrow or intermediaries and cross-chain swaps are performed through special smart contracts. However, we do not support it and the fund won?t be swapped automatically to the account even if the address is correct."... When I asked what that means, all they could tell me is that the fund is lost, that I can't be credited for the deposit unless they make a change in their Policy later in the future.

If you can't credit my Poloniex account, please send back my BNB to my wallet address, and their response is "the process to recover this token is extremely complicated and may result in significant cost, time, and risk." It is not like I made a wrong deposit, or that I sent a wrong token to the wrong address. The coin is there sitting in the deposit wallet address they gave me https://bscscan.com/address/0x013d03144b04e193336eb74ed695f88c67f72cb4#internaltx.

I said okay, since the process of recovering the token is complicated like you said (I don't even understand what that means), this wallet address was automatically generated from your system and I am sure the private key is saved in your database, please give me the private key, let me import it in other wallets like Metamask and send out my BNB, this is their response "Unfortunately, private keys cannot be shared."... Okay, how about you guys do it yourself manually with the private key, import it to another wallet, remove any amount that it will cost you to recover or send out the tokens; from my deposit amount and send the remaining amount to another wallet address of yours or my own wallet, they still did not agree to that Their response is, "Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with your request.".

I have even pleaded with them to send me at lease half of my deposit amount, to settle my client, and since then, they haven't replied to my emails.

Please if anyone can help me to recover my 5.5 BNB, I will gladly give him 1.5 BNB from the tokens... Please I am pleading, I can't afford to pay back $3000 to my client that owns the money.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2021, 01:49:23 PM

It's purely your fault. As far as I know, poloniex doesn't support bsc (bep-20). And supposedly the bnb deposit address should display a bep-2 format address starting with bnb..., so how do you get this bep20 deposit address?

Nothing can help you but support. This has been experienced by people on various exchanges several times and it is unlikely that support will deal with this kind of complaint. Accessing the private key is not as easy as one might think, considering the risks.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
adewhale (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2022, 03:51:19 PM

It's purely your fault. As far as I know, poloniex doesn't support bsc (bep-20). And supposedly the bnb deposit address should display a bep-2 format address starting with bnb..., so how do you get this bep20 deposit address?

Nothing can help you but support. This has been experienced by people on various exchanges several times and it is unlikely that support will deal with this kind of complaint. Accessing the private key is not as easy as one might think, considering the risks.

I think you got the whole explanation wrong.

Poloniex fully supports BSC(BEP-20), and the wallet I deposited to was a BEP-20 wallet address they issued to my account. If you know Binance Wallet Chrome Extension(Just like Metamask), then you should also know about their Cross-Chain Transfer Feature(Transferring from BEP-2 Network to BEP-20).

The only difference with this transaction is that, it shows up on internal transactions, instead of the normal transactions and I think Poloniex algorithm checks for direct transactions only.

I did not make any mistake, I deposited BSC to a BSC Wallet address. No wallet will even allow you to send BNB to BSC wallet address, it will always show you the invalid wallet error message, if it doesn't support Cross-Chain like Binance wallet.

And this is not the first time I am doing this on an exchange.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 01, 2022, 10:50:42 PM

Poloniex fully supports BSC(BEP-20), and the wallet I deposited to was a BEP-20 wallet address they issued to my account. If you know Binance Wallet Chrome Extension(Just like Metamask), then you should also know about their Cross-Chain Transfer Feature(Transferring from BEP-2 Network to BEP-20).

The only difference with this transaction is that, it shows up on internal transactions, instead of the normal transactions and I think Poloniex algorithm checks for direct transactions only.

I did not make any mistake, I deposited BSC to a BSC Wallet address. No wallet will even allow you to send BNB to BSC wallet address, it will always show you the invalid wallet error message, if it doesn't support Cross-Chain like Binance wallet.

I'm not a blockchain expert, but it seems Poloniex sees this transaction as a transfer between two other blockchains (BEP20 and BEP2 here). I don't know why this is so, but if you are sure that it was not a scross-chain transaction, try to write to the support one more time and explain it to them.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
adewhale (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2022, 01:58:14 AM

I'm not a blockchain expert, but it seems Poloniex sees this transaction as a transfer between two other blockchains (BEP20 and BEP2 here). I don't know why this is so, but if you are sure that it was not a scross-chain transaction, try to write to the support one more time and explain it to them.

I already did that, but the support team doesn't want to stress himself trying to explain it to the Technical team. The only thing they are good at, is responding me with the automatically generated response followed by Unfortunately, we can't help you.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2022, 12:53:28 PM

I think you got the whole explanation wrong.Poloniex fully supports BSC(BEP-20)

Sorry, you are right they have supported it at the moment.

So here's the problem (in my opinion):
Poloniex will detect this as an internal transaction and it should be an output transaction from their contract that is ready to be sent to the customer's withdrawal address, because basically Poloniex also does the same thing for withdrawals using the BEP-20 network. This means that the address of this BSC: Hub token cannot be detected as the address of the customer which can trigger a contract to credit the balance to your account. As I said earlier, recovering this kind of mistake will likely not be handled given the amount.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: