Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the safest app or service for splitting every forked coin from BTC?  (Read 68 times)
Investek (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2022, 09:48:02 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2022, 10:33:10 PM by Investek

I've seen reports of people losing BTC when using dodgy splitting apps or even malware.
Is there a service or vetted app that automatically detects every available unsplit forked coin from BTC on in a wallet, and then splits them each to unique wallets? Can this entire process happen "offline", while the coins are on local offline wallets?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16687

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2022, 09:55:45 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5), hugeblack (2), ABCbits (1), Pmalek (1), hosseinimr93 (1), RickDeckard (1)

My Bitcoin Fork claiming guide (and service) is probably a good place to start reading up. Note that the prices and Forks in that topic are outdated, I would currently only claim these 5 Forkcoins.

I've seen reports of people losing BTC when using dodgy splitting apps or even malware.
The basics to avoid this:
  • Move your Bitcoin to a new address before doing anything else
  • Consider those addresses compromised, so don't use them again
  • Understand and mitigate the lack of replay protection before continuing
  • Don't install Forkcoin wallets on your normal PC, use a separate system or VM
For some of the Forks, it's possible to do offline signing. Start with the most valuable ones.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: