Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't let me swap Dogecoin through Pancake Swap  (Read 102 times)
loll_l (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 03:37:10 PM

I have plenty Dogecoin in my wallet...

https://i.postimg.cc/DyFVkjfx/18ea6326-004d-4855-80b5-ed1abefef96e.jpg

but when I try swapping it out through Pancake Swap the balance is showing as 0!....

https://i.postimg.cc/ZnSQmnmW/503f53bc-59f1-4ad9-aff0-a9cb02e90ea2.jpg

Is is possible to swap Dogecoin through Pancake Swap? If not, how can I swap it using TrustWallet and/or the Binance exchange? (I am based in the UK which I have been told means I can do more through Binance than the US version allows)
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 04:07:21 PM

And how do you add images to a post? Sorry I'm new here!
Teknisi88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 04:20:06 PM

The first step is to upload the image to imgur. then after the image is uploaded, then click the down arrow at the top right and copy the code BBCODE (forum)
after that paste everything here and review / post,
But I think only Jr. Members and above who can insert a picture.
That's what I think
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2022, 04:46:05 PM

Is there some kind of different network when it comes to the DOGE you have added? Maybe it's in another network or something? Usually, if you are going to use Pancake swap, it's going to be in BEP20 IIRC. So maybe you can check it to something like that?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 05:03:05 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2022, 09:37:18 PM by Mr. Big

The first step is to upload the image to imgur. then after the image is uploaded, then click the down arrow at the top right and copy the code BBCODE (forum)
after that paste everything here and review / post,
But I think only Jr. Members and above who can insert a picture.
That's what I think

I think you must be right in that I can't insert images into posts due to being a newb

Is there some kind of different network when it comes to the DOGE you have added? Maybe it's in another network or something? Usually, if you are going to use Pancake swap, it's going to be in BEP20 IIRC. So maybe you can check it to something like that?

Thanks for the reply...

Dogecoin was the first coin I purchased when I was brand new to crypto a few weeks back. I had no idea what I was doing to be honest (and still don't haha) but it looks like I purchased through Binance and then withdrew to TrustWallet. See proof in the image below:

https://i.postimg.cc/QNwWmzDn/zza.jpg

I assumed that, considering it was a Binance purchase, everything would be legit and I would have no problems swapping it!  Angry

What do you mean by "maybe you can check it to something like that?" - sorry I don't understand... Is there a work around?
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 05:17:39 PM

I have plenty Dogecoin in my wallet...

but when I try swapping it out through Pancake Swap the balance is showing as 0!....

Is is possible to swap Dogecoin through Pancake Swap? If not, how can I swap it using TrustWallet and/or the Binance exchange? (I am based in the UK which I have been told means I can do more through Binance than the US version allows)

I think that your problem is that you are trying to swap native Dogecoins via Pancakeswap and this can not work because pancakeswap is only for tokens that are running on the BEP-20 chain (Binance Smart Chain) and of course the native coin of that chain BNB. So if you want to sell your Dogecoin on pancake swap you have to bridge it before into  BEP20-Dogecoin. Once this is done you should be able to sell without problems on pancakeswap. Also there are many good bridges out there that you can use, there is also one from binance itself. Or you could just send your dogecoin to a centralized exchange that is trading Dogecoin, which should be a lot.
Valak

Activity: 743
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 05:29:27 PM

I think that your problem is that you are trying to swap native Dogecoins via Pancakeswap and this can not work because pancakeswap is only for tokens that are running on the BEP-20 chain (Binance Smart Chain) and of course the native coin of that chain BNB. So if you want to sell your Dogecoin on pancake swap you have to bridge it before into  BEP20-Dogecoin. Once this is done you should be able to sell without problems on pancakeswap. Also there are many good bridges out there that you can use, there is also one from binance itself. Or you could just send your dogecoin to a centralized exchange that is trading Dogecoin, which should be a lot.
Yeah,A lot of things like this happen among people who are new to the crypto world..
if they want to learn more about the crypto world.. they have to understand the smart contract network.. so they swap or send his asset...
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 05:39:34 PM

Ok cheers... I've just withdrawn £150 (GBP) of DOGE back to Binance then hopefully I'll be able to swap it through there  Smiley
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 06:12:33 PM

Do you even know how many exchanges that doge coin is listed on? Hundreds mate hundreds in fact you will find this coin on every God damn crypto exchanges it's just like BTC and ETH, try other Dex if pancakeswap isn't working for you and also clear your browser cache

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 06:34:58 PM

The reason why it shows 0 on Pancakeswap is because you are having DOGE on the main network (Dogecoin chain network). Pancakeswap is a decentralized exchange that only supports any token on BSC chain, so that's why it resulting the amount is 0 on the screenshot you provided.

Dogecoin was the first coin I purchased when I was brand new to crypto a few weeks back. I had no idea what I was doing to be honest (and still don't haha) but it looks like I purchased through Binance and then withdrew to TrustWallet. See proof in the image below:

I assumed that, considering it was a Binance purchase, everything would be legit and I would have no problems swapping it!  Angry
There are a few things that will result in your coins getting lost. Sending a coin on the wrong network is one of many reasons. I suggest you should take some time to learn a little bit about cryptocurrencies in general. I believe Binance Academy are good enough to give you an introduction to how things work in cryptocurrency space.
Pahom

Activity: 356
Merit: 252

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 06:36:49 PM

Maybe your dogecoins are on Ethereum mainnet or on another chain but not on Binance Smart chain where pancake swap works so you should check what network you are using. Also it is a common thing that there is an insufficient liquidity it means that there are not enough tokens in a protocol so as to perform your swap especially when you want to swap a big amount of tokens straightaway.

▄█▄
                  ▄█████
             ▀██▄▀▀▀▀██ 
            █████▀▀▄███
        ▄██ ██▀▀▄██▀▄█████
      ▄███ ██▌▄▄████▀ █████
     ▀███ ███▌█████▀ █████
       ████▌█████ █████
     ▄▄ █████▌████▀▄▄▀▀█
   ▄████▄▀███▌▐███ ████
 ▄█████▀▀▀ ███▐██ █████
▀▀▀▀        ▀█▐█ ▄████▀
             ▄█▀▀
FRX
█████████████
█████████
████████████████
██████████
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████
████████
██████████
█████████████
█████████
██████████████
DeFi Hedge
Fund Token
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

UP TO 300% BONUS
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
WHITEPAPER
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
█████████████
█████████
████████████████
██████████
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████
████████
██████████
█████████████
█████████
██████████████
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 06:42:48 PM

Thanks for the replies... I've sent the DOGE back to Binance and swapped it on there instead so problem solved Smiley
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2022, 07:24:15 PM

Thanks for the replies... I've sent the DOGE back to Binance and swapped it on there instead so problem solved Smiley
congrats on your problem has been solved  ! I don't know why you want to sell doge while the price is down but I hope your issues are out of the way ! need to remember again about the coins that are in your truswallet or other not all have the same chain ! you have to dig up information on the coin web itself like your experience above about dogecoin or more easily you enter keywords on google ex "xxxcoin to btc" or open coinmarketcap or coingecko hope it helps in the future

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2022, 07:38:08 PM

congrats on your problem has been solved  ! I don't know why you want to sell doge while the price is down but I hope your issues are out of the way ! need to remember again about the coins that are in your truswallet or other not all have the same chain ! you have to dig up information on the coin web itself like your experience above about dogecoin or more easily you enter keywords on google ex "xxxcoin to btc" or open coinmarketcap or coingecko hope it helps in the future

Thanks. I simply bought too much DOGE in the first place and want to use some of it to invest in other coins. I'm still keeping a fair amount of DOGE in my wallet.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2022, 11:19:54 PM

I assumed that, considering it was a Binance purchase, everything would be legit and I would have no problems swapping it!  Angry
Based in your photo, it's definitely in the Doge network. With swapping in pancake swap, it's for some in bep20.

What do you mean by "maybe you can check it to something like that?" - sorry I don't understand... Is there a work around?
What I mean by this is to check the network and find ways in TrustWallet for it to be converted.

Anyway, at least you have converted it easily in Binance. I think the network fee with that isn't that much in DOGE network, so it's easy. What coins/tokens did you invest in?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
loll_l (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 01:16:48 AM

Based in your photo, it's definitely in the Doge network. With swapping in pancake swap, it's for some in bep20.

What I mean by this is to check the network and find ways in TrustWallet for it to be converted.

Anyway, at least you have converted it easily in Binance. I think the network fee with that isn't that much in DOGE network, so it's easy. What coins/tokens did you invest in?

So far, after 3 weeks of being in cryto, I've invested in the following:

Dogecoin (DOGE)
Metahero (HERO)
Elrond (EGLD)
Tether (USDT)
Cardano (ADA)
Aragon (ANT)
NEAR Protocol (NEAR)
Polygon (MATIC)
Polkadot (DOT)
The Sandbox (SAND)
DENT (DENT)
Solana (SOL)
MOBOX (MBOX)
Avalanche (AVAX)
Enjin (ENJ)
Fantom (FTM)

I basically invested far too much in both DOGE and HERO at the start and, even though I do plan on keeping some of both those tokens, I've spent most of my time since then trying to swap a big portion of them out for other coins. Instead of investing a lot in 2 coins I've decided to invest smaller amounts in a load of different ones. Then if I see the price of one or two start to rocket I will buy more of those tokens.

I still have a few more tokens that I want to invest in and one of those is Moonriver (MOVR). I am however having problems purchasing MOVR - please see my post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5379901.0- any help on this would be appreciated as nobody has replied to my post as yet Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: