Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching NFTs through Lootbox style UX/mechanics  (Read 41 times)
cottenio (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 02:16:08 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2022, 03:13:56 PM by cottenio

As I'm working on our first NFT project I started rooting around for the nicest way to launch an NFT giveaway.

As a big fan of Overwatch and a veteran MMO dev I thought "Man, I should make the NFT giveaway look like this (YT: Opening 100 lootboxes. Not a copy of Overwatch, mind you, but something with that level of polish and fun. You know, that pleasing feeling you get when you get a good roll of the dice with all the bells and whistles attached.

Example:

Skinner boxes, really.

I looked around for a bit to see if anyone is doing anything similar, and there seems to be a dearth of good, solid UX experiences for minting/giving away NFTs. I think Fractal has some of the prettiest NFT UX right now, but the top hit for "NFT lootbox" is literally nftlootbox.com and I can't honestly tell if that one is a rug-pull or not.

First: does anyone know if this is already a well established thing? Even 3D viewers for NFTs don't seem to be there yet - just images/gifs, let alone a good NFT lootbox launching platform.

Second: is anyone interested in pitching in on the ideation/feedback loop for such a project? My company will provide the art/code/funding - but we don't want to make something in a total vacuum. I envision it as a kind of "lootbox" standard for NFTs with an initial platform where NFT creators can bundle their NFTs into lootboxes and distribute them that way. Free, for now, since it'd be in alpha for a while.

Like I said, I'm going to create it regardless as a way to launch my own NFTs, so I'd love to validate the idea with the community as it gets built, and it would be a Three.JS rendered 3D scene in a platform that could assign the NFTs to your account or directly to your digital wallet on a low-fee blockchain (Solana, Polygon, etc).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: