Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redeeming casascius coin  (Read 184 times)
realsteelboy (OP)

Activity: 219
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 06:45:51 PM

Can someone please explain the best way to convert from mini private key to one that can be imported by blockchain.

Everything I’m finding online is command based complicated stuff. Surely there is an easy way.

Thanks

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sweeteye

Activity: 789
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 09:57:59 PM

Can someone please explain the best way to convert from mini private key to one that can be imported by blockchain.

Everything I’m finding online is command based complicated stuff. Surely there is an easy way.

Thanks

I found the Ballet wallet to be very simple
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

Activity: 438
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 06, 2022, 11:13:21 PM

Thanks

I found the Ballet wallet to be very simple

Agreed 100% that importing/sweeping it via a Ballet wallet is super simple and it also prompts you to sweep all the forks it finds as well. If it's a larger amount coin then you can still do it with Ballet no problem but if you're a bit more worried due to it being a full BTC or more perhaps you may want to use this incredible guide Krogoth posted. Looks daunting at first but it's really not as Krogoth is extremely detailed and it walks you through step by step.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5303860.msg55967119#msg55967119

I linked directly to the post where I began but of course you should look at the first post inn that thread and then you will see why I posted directly to the post where I started. And again if that's too technical I'd personally be more than comfortable using Ballet as I've used it several times for these purposes. Hope this helps and good luck!

Edit: Also if you do go with the Krogoth method once it's done you then use Ballet and it sweeps the forks for you super conveniently!

iBHK8
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 03:12:35 AM

"Coinomi" on the play/apple store can scan and redeem all forks as well for cas coins.

Edit why buy a one-time card to sweep a coin? Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2022, 03:51:36 AM

"Coinomi" on the play/apple store can scan and redeem all forks as well for cas coins.

Edit why buy a one-time card to sweep a coin? Tongue

I agree that buying a card specifically for this purpose would be silly but there are many that use them regularly or have them around already - in that case it makes just as much sense as the coinomi app

I will say this though - once you import the key, DO NOT use the SWFT exchange services within the app to convert the forks. I tried this and when I sent BCH to be converted to BTC, it took the BCH ABC and the BSV as well and only gave me the BTC for the BCH.

I will admit that Ballet did work with SWFT and I have received the BCH ABC back but am still waiting for the BSV.

They said they are working to ensure this does not happen in the future. But not sure if I will risk another coin to find out.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
krogoth

Activity: 1216
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2022, 07:25:00 PM
Merited by iBitcoinHongKong8 (1)

Anytime you sweep on a hot wallet you risk losing your coins if any malware or virus is present. It will be then a race between you and the malware...on who sweeps fastest.

IMO...do an offline sweep for peace of mind...then once you sweep the BTC and have a few confirmations...then you can sweep the shit coins as you please.

Just my 2 Satoshi on this....that's the way I would do it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: