Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce] SimpleCoin.com - Buying Bitcoins Became Simple Today  (Read 15610 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 06:29:04 PM

We are not just picking on you.  We do this to everyone who comes in trying to sell us something and join our tribe.

I respect that.

They did it to me and even gave out my personal info + phone number on the forum. The funny thing is that since then, business has been blooming!

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com

And you never did explain your YouTube video showing a cat being put in a microwave. Only kidding! Glad to hear it all is going well, Leo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 06:51:15 PM

Darin,

All we can see for a fact is that you have 21 posts.  We have no idea how long you have been reading, how much you have read, which threads you have read, or how long you have been around so please let me fill you in on a few things:

Because of the non revertible nature of Bitcoins it is much easier to scam people out of their BTC than it is to scam them using VISA, PayPal, etc.
Because of this fact criminals of all kinds flock to Bitcoins.
These criminals have come up with many ways to scam people, some obvious, some very subtle.
Many have fallen prey to these criminals over the years.
This leads to a very high level of paranoia in your customer base.
This is something you have to deal with as a vendor in the Bitcoin space.

Have you ever heard about certain tribes, when faced with the issue of trying to find out which member(s) of their tribe is lying, will place a red hot knife on the tongue of each member of the tribe?  The members that are not lying will not get burned, however those caught in a lie get their tongue burned.

This whole vetting process you are going through as a new vendor is kind of like that.  If you answer every single question with total and absolute honesty you will survive and be welcomed with open arms into the Bitcoin tribe.  However if there is even one small ounce of deception in you or your business the tribe will generally find it.

We are not just picking on you.  We do this to everyone who comes in trying to sell us something and join our tribe.

Very eloquent post, bwagner. That said, who is Darin Stanchfield?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 08:04:20 PM

Darin,

One final note on this subject.  By some luck of the cosmos you drew Phinnaeus instead of Matthew to your thread.  If you want to see just how lucky you are you can check out this thread where Matthew tries to help out Mr. Coins:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52625.msg628476#msg628476

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
arfeniel

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 11:44:46 PM

So I received this email while I was at work today :

You have just been sent a personal message by simplecoins on Bitcoin Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Hey man, would you mind speaking up on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53803.40

We are being accused of being the same person..

Thanks,
Darin

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=137754;quote;u=45985

When I got back, I immediatly jump on my computer to read the whole saga. Well not right away, I did take a walk my dog first. Anyway, it's amazing that, exactly 4 weeks and 3 days (something is going on here) after being a member of this forum and only 2 days (wait a minute, I smell something odd) after joining the big league, I'm involve in some kind of conspiracy or scam or fud (whatever makes you happy). I don't know if we can call it luck :

Not only do I want him to pick my lottery numbers (that's another effin' lie, for I don't play the lottery) [...]

but if I was Phinnaeus Gage, I would not want me to pick lottery numbers for sure.

About the 11-20-2011, what should I be looking for on Google? Is it the Dilbert commic strip (http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-11-20/)?

Ok, so back on track. I'm not simplecoin nor am I related to him. I commented of a nice website and what looks like a easy to use service. Was I wrong? Also, I did not, and will not anytime soon, buy Bitcoin through is website. Heck, I have a btc-e account and never transfer any currency in it. Same thing with my Paxum account. I'm interested in Bitcoin. I want to see it grow and conquer the heart of those who are sick of the current banking system and his fees. I run the client 24/7 to support the network even though I don't have any Bitcoin (well, only 0.05611137 BTC coming from my hard working 1.03 khash/sec miner).

Btw, what do you mean by :
[...] but I want him to pen my biography for, he too, has a command of the English language.

Not quite sure to understand. After all, I am french canadian, eh!

Until the next thrilling saga,
Arfeniel
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 12:39:39 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2011, 12:50:10 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

So I received this email while I was at work today :

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

Hey man, would you mind speaking up on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53803.40

We are being accused of being the same person..

Thanks,
Darin

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=137754;quote;u=45985

When I got back, I immediatly jump on my computer to read the whole saga. Well not right away, I did take a walk my dog first. Anyway, it's amazing that, exactly 4 weeks and 3 days (something is going on here) after being a member of this forum and only 2 days (wait a minute, I smell something odd) after joining the big league, I'm involve in some kind of conspiracy or scam or fud (whatever makes you happy). I don't know if we can call it luck :

Not only do I want him to pick my lottery numbers (that's another effin' lie, for I don't play the lottery) [...]

but if I was Phinnaeus Gage, I would not want me to pick lottery numbers for sure.

About the 11-20-2011, what should I be looking for on Google? Is it the Dilbert commic strip (http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-11-20/)?

Ok, so back on track. I'm not simplecoin nor am I related to him. I commented of a nice website and what looks like a easy to use service. Was I wrong? Also, I did not, and will not anytime soon, buy Bitcoin through is website. Heck, I have a btc-e account and never transfer any currency in it. Same thing with my Paxum account. I'm interested in Bitcoin. I want to see it grow and conquer the heart of those who are sick of the current banking system and his fees. I run the client 24/7 to support the network even though I don't have any Bitcoin (well, only 0.05611137 BTC coming from my hard working 1.03 khash/sec miner).

Btw, what do you mean by :
[...] but I want him to pen my biography for, he too, has a command of the English language.

Not quite sure to understand. After all, I am french canadian, eh!

Until the next thrilling saga,
Arfeniel

Well, this is a strange way for Darin to handle the controversy. I feel that following up with comments on his thread would better serve him than that email approach. But, then again, this could be the followup.

Arfeniel, I believe you didn't take the time to read everything I wrote that was in reference to you. If you had, your post would have read differently. For starters, the 11-20-2011 reference, of which I made, has absolutely nothing to do with you or Darin or SimpleCoin. My comment was an aside comment of which I penned directly after typing 11-20-2011 after noticing that it reads backward and forward, the same. My comment 'note to self: Google that number' was a snide reference toward myself, and meant as humor, at my expense, for those who have firsthand knowledge of my Googling skills, or lack thereof. I, being human, have made mistakes in the past, and will continue to make them in the future but, hopefully, will keep them to a bare minimum. That said I've, not once, but twice, have distanced you from this episode. You're not part of a conspiracy. or scam. or fud. Like I've stated twice before, it was the oddness of your post that caused a red flag to be raised in my eyes. Nothing more. You're out of the equation. Anybody here, after reading only the OP and your post, would have come to the same conclusion, although I'm somewhat surprised that I'm the only one, to date. I've done no research on you what-so-ever, with the exception of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=46434.

After saying all that, I'm now leaning another way after reading your latest post. I'm surprise it has the same defensive tone that Darin has. I'm just saying, for I'm not entirely convinced that an alpaca sock is not in play here. But the hell with all that. Accept my apology if I'm wrong, arfeniel. You're not the key issue here, what-so-ever.

Now, for my dilemma. Although I've yet to post a single direct link, should I do so here, on this thread, or start a new one?

For a person who doesn't have a damn thing to hide, sure the hell's been doing a lot of hiding, of late.

And look at the email I received the other day:

Bruno, take a look at this and let me know what you think. To me, it doesn't pass the smell test: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53803.0

(I only deleted the name of the person who sent this to me and was located here)

Reply to this Personal Message here:

So, as you can now see, there was a prior red flag before I raised my red flag, and only did so after reading the first two posts.

With that, again, where should I post the first link? Here or a new thread? If a new thread, any suggestions of what I should title it? BTW, these questions are not directed toward you, arfeniel, although this post was originally meant only as a reply to you, but it veered off course.
arfeniel

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 01:23:30 AM

My reply was meant to be humoristic. As you know now, my first language is not english so I may sound off sometimes...

Arfeniel, I believe you didn't take the time to read everything I wrote that was in reference to you.

For my defense, you do write quite long posts  Wink

My comment was an aside comment of which I penned directly after typing 11-20-2011 after noticing that it reads backward and forward, the same.

How did I miss that  Smiley

Accept my apology if I'm wrong, arfeniel.

I don't think one was due but be sure it is accepted. I did expect someone to be alerted by my post. I did post it 5 min after the thread was started...

I still didn't get the command of the English language. Care to elaborate? I swear I won't take it personnaly  Grin

Cheers!
Arfeniel
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 01:34:06 AM

My reply was meant to be humoristic. As you know now, my first language is not english so I may sound off sometimes...

Arfeniel, I believe you didn't take the time to read everything I wrote that was in reference to you.

For my defense, you do write quite long posts  Wink

My comment was an aside comment of which I penned directly after typing 11-20-2011 after noticing that it reads backward and forward, the same.

How did I miss that  Smiley

Accept my apology if I'm wrong, arfeniel.

I don't think one was due but be sure it is accepted. I did expect someone to be alerted by my post. I did post it 5 min after the thread was started...

I still didn't get the command of the English language. Care to elaborate? I swear I won't take it personnaly  Grin

Cheers!
Arfeniel

It was a snide remark toward you, from me, stating that your English sucks. What's now sad about me posting that prior, and now having to say it again, is that I totally forgot that many members here have English as their second language. I wrongfully assumed that English was your main, and only language, hence pointing out consistently bad grammar. I, and most of us, make mistakes in writing every now and than, but a series of bad writing in one post, sticks out like a sore thumb. It sometimes resembles a kid's writing.

I hope that clarifies of what you've asked. Also, thank you for understanding my post and accepting my apology. Welcome aboard. BTW, I'm not really a bad guy. It's just that when I sense something not right, I've learned to share it with others, opposed to just saying to myself, "Oh, Well!"

Thank you again, arfeniel.

Bruno
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 05:27:20 PM

Darin,

One final note on this subject.  By some luck of the cosmos you drew Phinnaeus instead of Matthew to your thread.  If you want to see just how lucky you are you can check out this thread where Matthew tries to help out Mr. Coins:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52625.msg628476#msg628476

1) I'm in America at the moment and haven't followed the forums.

2) Now that I'm here, I don't see any fraud. He hasn't made insane claims like Mr Coins ("You can do A or B" even though A and B have already been proven to not work) or Leo Camillo ("I am a millionaire, but can I have $20 for this domain because I can't afford it").

It is important for the OP to know that any business accepting credit cards where the product is delivered instantly will suffer from fraudulent transactions-- it's common knowledge.

It's also important for potential customers to pay attention to the payment gateway used at any website to make sure the OP cannot just write down their credit card address and use it on another bitcoin site and claim they were hacked.

Happy Holidays.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 06:48:10 PM

Darin,

One final note on this subject.  By some luck of the cosmos you drew Phinnaeus instead of Matthew to your thread.  If you want to see just how lucky you are you can check out this thread where Matthew tries to help out Mr. Coins:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52625.msg628476#msg628476

1) I'm in America at the moment and haven't followed the forums.

2) Now that I'm here, I don't see any fraud. He hasn't made insane claims like Mr Coins ("You can do A or B" even though A and B have already been proven to not work) or Leo Camillo ("I am a millionaire, but can I have $20 for this domain because I can't afford it").

It is important for the OP to know that any business accepting credit cards where the product is delivered instantly will suffer from fraudulent transactions-- it's common knowledge.

It's also important for potential customers to pay attention to the payment gateway used at any website to make sure the OP cannot just write down their credit card address and use it on another bitcoin site and claim they were hacked.

Happy Holidays.

Glad to read you're back, Matthew. I can't believe you got pass the TSA, though.

I have no qualms with the actual website, simplecoin.com. But I may have a concern with its owner, hence my posts on this thread. I'm only looking out for my fellow Bitcoiners in regards to all this.

Truthfully, I would loved to be proven wrong and have everything I done stuck up my ass. If that be the case, I'll spread my cheeks for entry.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:00:15 PM

Truthfully, I would loved to be proven wrong and have everything I done stuck up my ass. If that be the case, I'll spread my cheeks for entry.

Thank you for that lovely mental image. Let me get the eye soap.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:04:29 PM

[Announce] SimpleCoin.com - Buying Bitcoins Became Simple Today

Note: I don't know how it was simple before us, but I'm pretty sure DialCoin made buying bitcoins even simpler than Simplecoin, and it was released beforehand. Might want to pick a more accurate slogan.

boonies4u

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:13:55 PM

Note: I don't know how it was simple before us, but I'm pretty sure DialCoin made buying bitcoins even simpler than Simplecoin, and it was released beforehand. Might want to pick a more accurate slogan.

Buying Bitcoins Became Simple In America Today
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:16:57 PM

Buying Bitcoins Became Simple In America Today

That works. ^_^

P.S. We're announcing 20 more countries including the US on the bittalk.tv Christmas Special!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 02:39:34 AM

Thank you for that lovely mental image. Let me get the eye soap.

Sorry about that, boonies4u. I guess a tad to colorful, but was driving a point home (damn, that doesn't read nice either).
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 06:42:29 AM

This post may, or may not, be off-topic.

Did you see my new thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54134.0
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2011, 02:26:40 PM

I'm somewhat taken aback lately for not seeing Darin Stanchfield promote simplecoin.com more. Has it been shelved?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2011, 02:51:47 PM

We are temporarily not taking any more orders while we work out a few kinks in our system. We apologize for the inconvenience. All outstanding orders have been fulfilled. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 1-(800)-791-2755 during normal business hours: 9AM - 5PM PST. We'll be begin taking orders again December 13th, and we do not foresee any future outages. Thank you for your patience.
May have run into some sort of problem with selling BTC on their merchant account?  Don't know.

I will try to buy some more from them on the 13th.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 03:00:35 AM

Therefore, if the phone number is correct, the following address and relative information is correct?:

Administrative Contact:
Admin, Domain tech@simplecoin.com
SimpleCoin, LLC.
15500 SW Jay Street # 37608
Beaverton, Oregon 97006-6018
United States
+1.4259993001

Source: http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k=KXr4YNVPhrelzki2EqX0Xg==&domain=simplecoin.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

I also called the 800 number provided by http://www.buydomains.com/EnterContactInfo.do?domain=SimpleCoin.com and, according to them, the domain is still for sale for $1,895. I asked Joel, the rep I spoke with, that if this domain was sold recently, would it still be listed for sale. Joel informed me that the moment it sells, it immediately gets removed as being for sale. I provided him my email address so that he can send me more information and, moreover, provided me a record of our conversation.

I am surprised to not see that it is for sale on Godaddy, when a few hours earlier it was for the same asking amount. Odd!

By chance, did you read my last question? I've noticed you've been online since I penned it, therefore assumed you would come to your thread to see if there's new questions that needed addressing. Perhaps, you're still working on the answer. Take you time. It's a tough question, one I've asked twice earlier--3 total--but somehow still not received a direct answer.

As before, I look forward to kind reply.

Sincerely, Bruno

I see what happened. The auction ended. Now it's for sale again with a new listing number: https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpHome.aspx?t=22

simplecoin.com    0   -     -     $1,895   Offer $1,232 or more
  or Buy Now for $1,895   29D 14H

And it's still for sale over here: http://www.buydomains.com/EnterContactInfo.do?domain=SimpleCoin.com

SimpleCoin.com Is For Sale!

Need a price instantly? Just give us a call.
Don't want to wait for us to process the below form? You don't have to.
We can give you the price over the phone, help you with the purchase process, and answer any questions.

I'm sure Darin Stanchfield has an explanation. Perhaps he made a mistake and was trying to list another one his domains.
boonies4u

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 05:35:17 AM

I'm sure Darin Stanchfield has an explanation. Perhaps he made a mistake and was trying to list another one his domains.

Ok I'll play along.

Like I said, I purchased the domain for about $2000 in early November.  These listings you keep finding are from the previous owner.  I bought the domain from HugeDomains.  So it's possibly maybe that the previous owner never updated the those listings?  Maybe a small chance?

Or lets go with your retelling of events.  I bought the domain for $2000, spent a considerable investment on the website...  And then proceeded to sell the domain for $1,895.   Netting myself a sweet -$100 profit.  I am truly the mastermind criminal. Smiley

Could you please contact HugeDomains to have them remove the listing? That would probably stop the confusion.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2011, 03:58:19 PM

What I tried to point out is that the current GoDaddy auction is a new listing. The first time I mentioned it, the auction ended shortly thereafter. I'm pretty sure that Godaddy doesn't automatically relist an auction 2-3 days after it expires. Not a single eBay auction would automatically be relisted after ending without being directed to do so. I'm pretty sure GoDaddy's auctions are set up in the same manner.

I'm looking forward to Darin Stanchfield having this issue resolved so that we can move unto other things.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: