Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Raven halving is coming in a few days, what about mining profitability?  (Read 326 times)
bitart (OP)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 03:52:21 PM

Hi guys
Raven coin halving is around the corner and I’m wondering how it will affect the profitability of mining the coin?
If I understand well, we’ll get half of the coins after the halving so miners will have the half of the income if every other condition remains the same.
I know that the halving will affect the price of the coin and hopefully it will go up but will that be enough to let us mine with a profit after that?
Thanks for your thoughts Smiley

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 04:05:26 PM

Well supply of newly mined coins will be 1/2 what it currently is.

As for the effect on price....who knows....up down sideways.....such is the life of a miner.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 04:08:28 PM
Merited by bitart (1)

Most pow coins rise very fast and high before the halving and then crash a bit after the halving and keeps following the market in general, in my view profitability will stay the same relative to where the cryptomarket is going, meaning if bitcoin keeps crashing then everything will keep crashing, however that does not apply to ravencoin at moment because speculation on it is high, so I would expect it to keep going up till the halving and after that is unknown territory yet, I say it will crash a little depending how much it will rise prior the halving which I believe it will rise significantly. I have millions of ravecoins and I'm not planning to sell it yet, if ravecoin gets higher than 50 cents then yeah I'm willing to sell, if not, holding it for now. Is it possible to reach 50 cents or higher now, yeah, everything is possible, even higher.

Even if ravecoin does not rise to 50 cents now then it has a higher chance to rise on the last bulltrap before hehell that will happen in a month or so, bitcoin is bleeding now and will keep till manipulators create that last bulltrap that sheeps think that bitcoin will go to 100k and buy it all then manipulators will crash btc to hehell.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
MCcryptonia

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 04:20:47 PM

For most graphic cards it doesn't matter, most cards are profitable on ETH mining and few like Rx Vega 56 and 64 are profitable for ergo mining, the 3070ti are good for ravencoin and TON coin so there you have it, all this depends on the cards you own

bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 04:29:57 PM

Most pow coins rise very fast and high before the halving and then crash a bit after the halving and keeps following the market in general, in my view profitability will stay the same relative to where the cryptomarket is going, meaning if bitcoin keeps crashing then everything will keep crashing, however that does not apply to ravencoin at moment because speculation on it is high, so I would expect it to keep going up till the halving and after that is unknown territory yet, I say it will crash a little depending how much it will rise prior the halving which I believe it will rise significantly. I have millions of ravecoins and I'm not planning to sell it yet, if ravecoin gets higher than 50 cents then yeah I'm willing to sell, if not, holding it for now. Is it possible to reach 50 cents or higher now, yeah, everything is possible, even higher.

Even if ravecoin does not rise to 50 cents now then it has a higher chance to rise on the last bulltrap before hehell that will happen in a month or so, bitcoin is bleeding now and will keep till manipulators create that last bulltrap that sheeps think that bitcoin will go to 100k and buy it all then manipulators will crash btc to hehell.

Thanks for you quick reply
So despite of the half of the coins will miners get after the halving it still will be profitable for the miners
That's good news
I thought if miners will only get half of the coins every time this will cause that they will only be able to sell also half of the coins than before so they will get only half of the income they used to before the halving
So if supply (new coins mined) decrease and the demand remains the same it can move price up theoretically
bitart (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 04:35:08 PM

Quote from: MCcryptonia link=topic=5380328.msg58926959#msg58926959 date=!1641572447
For most graphic cards it doesn't matter, most cards are profitable on ETH mining and few like Rx Vega 56 and 64 are profitable for ergo mining, the 3070ti are good for ravencoin and TON coin so there you have it, all this depends on the cards you own
The question is interesting for me because l have a few older cards like 1050Ti and they can only mine Raven
Today I can mine with them more or less profitable but I'm wondering what will happen after the halving
LostEcho

Activity: 75
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 09:29:37 PM

Quote from: MCcryptonia link=topic=5380328.msg58926959#msg58926959 date=!1641572447
The question is interesting for me because l have a few older cards like 1050Ti and they can only mine Raven
Today I can mine with them more or less profitable but I'm wondering what will happen after the halving

Ravencoin mining reward will become lower so it will be more harder to mine ravencoin, we have TON though have you checked that out? I'm not sure that 4gb cards works with this coin but it's still new so try checking this out first

▀█✘██✘██✘█▄     BlockX     ▀█✘██✘██✘█▄
✘✘✘ Digital Assets Settlement & Payment on Blockchain ✘✘✘
✘✘✘blockxnet.com✘✘✘
Zotak337

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 10:55:13 PM

Don't expect too much from this ravencoin halving, there will be few percentage increment in value but that's it, take advantage of this high price and wait for dips cos few days after the halving is complete there will be massive correction, we've seen this happened few times before ravencoin isn't BTC

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 08, 2022, 02:08:20 AM

Don't expect too much from this ravencoin halving, there will be few percentage increment in value but that's it, take advantage of this high price and wait for dips cos few days after the halving is complete there will be massive correction, we've seen this happened few times before ravencoin isn't BTC

Let's see how it goes, I have high hopes for it starting this weekend.

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 08, 2022, 08:36:03 AM

If profitability will remain the same ravencoin needs to add more value that's all, probably double of its old price per coin, I just hope that the halving will have a stable impact on price cos most coins that halve always lose value after the halving period is over

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 02:08:41 AM

It's difficult for rvn to go up with all this turmoil, this was the worse case scenario for rvn halving, if rvn halving was around last year then it would have risen a lot, with the speculation that bear market is coming everything is bad at moment. Let's hope for the best, rvn needs it, after eth is done, rvn will be one of the coins to mine.

Wolf9466

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 04:27:16 AM

Don't care; mining Ergo. :3
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
January 09, 2022, 11:58:14 AM

https://www.nicehash.com/countdown/rvn-halving-2022-01-10-12-00
Any decrease in profit on one of the popular algorithms will cause a decrease in profit when mining other coins. If mining Raven coin becomes less profitable, then miners will mine other coins.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 12:51:58 PM

Any decrease in profit on one of the popular algorithms will cause a decrease in profit when mining other coins. If mining Raven coin becomes less profitable, then miners will mine other coins.

one hour to go, price is not good at all, no point selling, better keep it for now, btc and eth still good price to sell, rvn terrible.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 01:01:32 PM

Yes it doesn´t matter to any GPU, but it does matter to the miner?  Roll Eyes and not all guys follow the mainstream.

The profibility change every 1 and RVN is the most profitable coin on some GPU´s.

You can mine also ERG, Flux, ETC with your 1050ti for example.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 01:44:33 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2022, 02:17:11 PM by Metroid

https://rvnblockexplorer.com/blocks

At the moment block 2099994, halving at 2100000, so very close now, few minutes.

Every minute is a new block, so 6 blocks left to halving.

The issue here is while price is the same, profitability will crash very hard, so if you are a miner then switch to something else, rvn profitability will crash 50% and then many will leave it and then will stabilize till the mean price for it is found.

8.97 Th/s, I wonder how much will be in few minutes ehhe, there is the profit switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUcETF8USMA

Halving is done, good day, now lets hope price will increase.

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 10:38:40 PM

Halving is done, good day, now lets hope price will increase.
Next bull run, maybe  Grin
As I don't think ravencoin can do it alone, it has to wait for the Big boys (Bitcoin and Ethereum) to spike higher again

Right now, the market is starting to suffer from the hangover effects of the previous bull run, so it will be awhile.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HashingTower

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 12, 2022, 09:03:27 AM

It's over boys the only way forward is mine ravencoin and hold for next bull season sake, don't expect too much from alt halving because they don't drive the market like bitcoin  Grin

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 12, 2022, 10:33:19 AM

I believe if btc price stays the way it is for now then rvn price will keep rising to at least $0.19 in a month or so.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
January 12, 2022, 02:46:34 PM

one hour to go, price is not good at all, no point selling, better keep it for now, btc and eth still good price to sell, rvn terrible.
I prefer Ethereum classic mining, because GPUs get hotter when mining Raven coins.
It seems to me that this coin has already peaked at 23 cents this year and we will not see any new highs this year. You need to have a lot of patience not to sell this coin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: