Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:50:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with oculus quest ?  (Read 106 times)
IadixDev (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2022, 03:10:58 PM

Anyone investigated how performant would oculus quest 2 be at mining crypto ? It has a relatively good gpu and is supposed to be relatively optimised for low power consumption.

I wonder if there are already mining software that can work for oculus quest ? Or what kind of hash algorithm would be more optimal for it ?

Would be cool for a metaverse oriented blockchain no ?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2581

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 10, 2022, 09:50:57 PM

Read the 'friendly' pinned msgs at the top of this area.... Mainly point-3
3. Mining BITCOIN is done exclusively with dedicated BITCOIN mining hardware based on ASICs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit . You CAN NOT meaningfully mine bitcoin today with CPU, GPU or even FPGAs. Bitcoin difficulty adapts to match the amount of mining done on the network and has reached levels trillions of times too high to mine meaningfully with PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, webpages, javascript, GPUs, and even generalised SHA hardware. You will not find software in this section to help you mine bitcoin in this absurdly inefficient manner in this subforum. It would cost you thousands of dollars in electricity per year to earn only a few cents in bitcoin. Even if you combined all the computers in the world, including all known supercomputer, you would not even approach 0.1% of the bitcoin hashrate today. Any discussion outside of ASIC related mining, except in the interests of academia, will be moved to the altcoin mining section. There isn't any point attempting to mine bitcoin with CPU or GPU even in the interests of learning as it shares almost nothing with how bitcoin is mined with ASICs and will not teach you anything.
Maybe it *could* work with some crapcoins but they have their own area for talking about them.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2022, 10:04:15 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2022, 10:19:32 PM by IadixDev

Maybe it *could* work with some crapcoins but they have their own area for talking about them.

I should post post this in altcoin forum then ? I thought it was the altcoin mining forum.

I was not asking especially for bitcoin, i know bitcoin is not home minable.

Its more in general what is the hash rate to expect from it compared to a pc graphic card and if it could be efficient for some hash algorithm.

JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 12:21:51 AM

Seems like a bad idea, nothing designed for portability (ie has a battery) is suitable for mining.
Your also paying for stuff that has nothing to do with mining, like the goggles and remotes, not
to mention the battery and charging system.

POW mining needs lots of power so "optimized for low power" means no good for mining.

IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2022, 12:42:35 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2022, 12:53:27 AM by IadixDev

Seems like a bad idea, nothing designed for portability (ie has a battery) is suitable for mining.
Your also paying for stuff that has nothing to do with mining, like the goggles and remotes, not

POW mining needs lots of power so "optimized for low power" means no good for mining.

Ok Smiley

Qualcomm Adreno 650 GPU 'most efficient graphics core in the world'
Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 865 has 'most efficient graphics core in the world' with Adreno 650.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69097/qualcomm-adreno-650-gpu-most-efficient-graphics-core-world/index.html

But it would not be for buying it only for the purpose of mining but for those who already have one.

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 11, 2022, 12:23:24 PM

Ok Smiley

Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 865 has 'most efficient graphics core in the world' with Adreno 650.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/69097/qualcomm-adreno-650-gpu-most-efficient-graphics-core-world/index.html

But it would not be for buying it only for the purpose of mining but for those who already have one.

A old nvidia low end GPU from 2016 (1050ti) has more or less around 300% of the power of the adreno 650 and you make nearly nothing with this old GPU.

You speak about a GPU for mobilephones, do you really think this is good "GPU" for mining  Cheesy
IadixDev (OP)

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2022, 02:15:59 PM

Ok Smiley

A old nvidia low end GPU from 2016 (1050ti) has more or less around 300% of the power of the adreno 650 and you make nearly nothing with this old GPU.

You speak about a GPU for mobilephones, do you really think this is good "GPU" for mining  Cheesy

Ok too bad Smiley thanks !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: