View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:57:37 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 04:13:24 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:59:49 AM

It's been crawling.......I love you.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

If it isn't  the Bit Thugs, when does the extortion start if I may ask? Or have you already done it?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:02:26 AM

I hate all the country coins so much

iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:16:57 AM

Looks like something strange is going on with Auroacoin block chain.

Starting at block 5375 it certainly appears as if something is slowing down the chain.

Any ideas?

~BCX~
The creator wasn't around when Namecoin had the block slowdown problem, so they never implemented measures to fix it. Multipools raped auroracoin when it was $90 and then left it with super high difficulty and worthless (because of creator withdrawing his coins), lol
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:22:53 AM

If it isn't  the Bit Thugs, when does the extortion start if I may ask? Or have you already done it?

hahhah so pay em then Wink lol

sorry i found that amusing big time Smiley

hey some of us like wrecking stuff just for fun we don't have to be paid to do it..

FUD first & ask questions later™
cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:25:05 AM

If it isn't  the Bit Thugs, when does the extortion start if I may ask? Or have you already done it?

hahhah so pay em then Wink lol

sorry i found that amusing big time Smiley

hey some of us like wrecking stuff just for fun we don't have to be paid to do it..

classic spoetnik using 1 hand to troll and the other to jerk off bitcoinexpress.
DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:26:11 AM

Jerking off people is cool..thats not even a diss anymore.

DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:35:28 AM

If it ever does get to 5400 will we see more?

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:39:01 AM

This is called compensating for your little member.
are you a fucking preannouncement for ozziecoin?  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

Wow,

what a pathethic waste of human life some people are.

Aur has been proved real.

Come tell those 500+Icelanders you destroyed their currency because you could not possibly admit you are wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/544259455688424/
Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:19:56 AM

Wow,

what a pathethic waste of human life some people are.

Aur has been proved real.

Come tell those 500+Icelanders you destroyed their currency because you could not possibly admit you are wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/544259455688424/

Some kids just enjoy being the Party poopers
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:26:24 AM

If news of this gets out, I'm sure it'll do wonders for crypto's reputation in general.

Hacker destroys Iceland's crypto coin ... yeah, that will go over well... certainly make people feel comfortable investing in and using cryptos all over the World.
iopq

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:29:44 AM

If news of this gets out, I'm sure it'll do wonders for crypto's reputation in general.

Hacker destroys Iceland's crypto coin ... yeah, that will go over well... certainly make people feel comfortable investing in and using cryptos all over the World.
maybe you should stop supporting cryptocurrencies that have low difficulties and can be hacked and use secure ones instead then
DemetriusAstroBlack

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:31:40 AM

Calling it Iceland's crypto was the joke right from the start.  Image if the coin because fully implemented in Iceland and another country did this as warefare.  Country coins are lame.

Canaanite

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:35:30 AM

If its true, its going to screw Bitcoin confidence as well..
Oh well, at least BCX ego will be high
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:36:33 AM

maybe you should stop supporting cryptocurrencies that have low difficulties and can be hacked and use secure ones instead then

I don't support AUR personally, never owned it, never planned to own it.

It still is the wrong thing to do, however, on a number of levels.

Even if looking at it from a general viewpoint as cryptos go, it was the wrong thing to do. The general public won't think... oh, the difficulty was low and it could be hacked, so it deserved to be killed. They'll instead think cryptos are all vulnerable to hackers. Great news right after the Gox stuff.

Maybe kill a couple of more coins, and kill some exchanges too, as a bonus. I'm sure people will be eager to embrace cryptos then.

numbl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:39:03 AM

Some people unfortunately don't understand the consequences outside the small radius of their 20/20 hindsight.  Sure, AUR might/will die due to their efforts - but due to the media attention this coin has gained, as a result the whole cryptocurrency cause will suffer as a result.  At least the hackers are going to empty all their bags into fiat before AUR is pronounced dead, right?  Because, you know, otherwise their own net worth is going to plummet.

Edited because dumb phrasing
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:41:23 AM

Some people unfortunately don't understand the consequences outside the small radius of their 20/20 hindsight.  Sure, AUR might/will die due to their efforts - but due to the media attention this coin has gained, as a result the whole cryptocurrency cause will cause.  At least the hackers are going to empty all their bags into fiat before AUR is pronounced dead, right?

I'm not sure if many here realize how much exposure AUR got in Iceland. At first I thought it was a dinky meme coin, that nobody knew about ... like most alts, right?

Then I read about Iceland's politicians having meetings over it. Then read where AUR was on the national news. It's a big deal there, from what I can tell. It's not like killing Taxi coin.
iopq

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

I don't support AUR personally, never owned it, never planned to own it.

It still is the wrong thing to do, however, on a number of levels.

Even if looking at it from a general viewpoint as cryptos go, it was the wrong thing to do. The general public won't think... oh, the difficulty was low and it could be hacked, so it deserved to be killed. They'll instead think cryptos are all vulnerable to hackers. Great news right after the Gox stuff.

Maybe kill a couple of more coins, and kill some exchanges too, as a bonus. I'm sure people will be eager to embrace cryptos then.

in the long term it's a good thing, if BCX is successful he can show how the algorithm is insecure and newer currencies will have to use something else
if he's unsuccessful, it will prove that the newer algorithm is secure given enough hashpower
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: