Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:19:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery process  (Read 574 times)
linbiao

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2022, 12:38:16 AM

that sounds definitely doable, i would try the following, preferably on a completely offline device:
1. get all known addresses with more than 100 BTC (i guess this will be order of magnitude 100.000 so not that big)
2. write a script to generate candidate passphrases (it seems you have done this already)
3. use your bitcoin library of choice to convert sha256 of passphrases to addresses and match with the candidate addresses.

in case you just have millions of addresses it should be doable in a matter of hours or days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
January 17, 2022, 09:38:25 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

1. get all known addresses with more than 100 BTC (i guess this will be order of magnitude 100.000 so not that big)
Around 16,000 according to https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/addresses?q=balance(10000000000..)

2. write a script to generate candidate passphrases (it seems you have done this already)
3. use your bitcoin library of choice to convert sha256 of passphrases to addresses and match with the candidate addresses.
This is exactly what btcrecover will do, as has been suggested previously. No need for him to write his own script to do it.

OP, have you made any progress? Are you stuck with something?
CrunchyF

Activity: 54
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 08:43:00 AM

Hello.
I have been trying to recover my wallet with about 180BTC almost for one year.
I was ”clever” enough to create a wallet with SHA256 custom string entry, and didn’t bother saving neither SHA256 result of it nor the private key WIF. I had it for years on my computer. But the computer crashed and I am now unable to remember what the string entry was. However, I know what keys I used but cannot remember the pattern.

I generate hashes from various patterns, as described above, and enter the hash results into https://www.bitaddress.org/ under “Wallet Address” and then try to import the private WIF into a new wallet. However it is a very slow process. Is there any tool/website that can create multiple private WIF keys from numerous hash entries?

Please, refrain yourself from sending me private messages in order to "help" me, reply only here in the public thread. Thanks.

Hello,
Have you sucess to recover your sha256 wallet?
In case of not i can propose you the help of my own software.
Ive optimised it to be as fast as possible.

It can try around 50Mega keys (sha256 brainwallet) per seconds on a rtx 3070.

Btcrecover can only kilo k /sec

If you want I can help you to recover your funds.

Fanch
CrunchyF

Activity: 54
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 03:21:10 PM

Hello.
I was ”clever” enough to create a wallet with SHA256 custom string entry, and didn’t bother saving neither SHA256 result of it nor the private key WIF. I had it for years on my computer. But the computer crashed and I am now unable to remember what the string entry was. However, I know what keys I used but cannot remember the pattern.

I generate hashes from various patterns, as described above, and enter the hash results into https://www.bitaddress.org/ under “Wallet Address” and then try to import the private WIF into a new wallet. However it is a very slow process. Is there any tool/website that can create multiple private WIF keys from numerous hash entries?

Please, refrain yourself from sending me private messages in order to "help" me, reply only here in the public thread. Thanks.

Hi i wrote my custom program with CUDA capable of 100Millions guess by second on sha256 brainwallet with a RTX3070.
The program is easy customisable  because he read what is send by a string generator to the stdin entry with the following form.

./string_generator | ./my_program hash160_of_target_address

If you can well define a pattern of your passphrase i can help you.

Fanch
Cricktor

Activity: 756
Merit: 1118

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 14, 2022, 05:18:55 PM

Hello.
Can you elaborate a little bit more on how you created your wallet? I (and maybe others) don't get all the pieces together.
You had a custom string from which you derived its SHA256. This resulting 32 Byte SHA256 hash string could serve as a seed for a HD wallet or as a raw private key which you could've converted to WIF format for a single address paperwallet. The former would create a whole wallet with possibly lots of used addresses, the later just one paperwallet holding all your ~180BTC.

Having no documentation of your "clever procedure" backfires on you, apparently. I mention this solely as a warning to other users that this is a recipe for coin desaster as storage for wallets can always fail. And sorry to add: no backups, no mercy (again, to emphasize the importance for backups, especially for such wealth, and for anything stored on a device that is more worth than the device and it's backup combined).

If you had a wallet on your failed drive: was the wallet sufficiently password protected? Strong enough password? Do you remember that password with confidence?
If it was good enough password protected you could ask for professional data recovery from your failed device (there are a few well known companies for such tasks). You can ask for a quote and it may cost you some decent amount of money, but might be a more promissing path for recovery, depending on your current recovery puzzle.
If your wallet wasn't properly password protected then a professional data recovery might be a potential risk for your Bitcoins.

What exactly have you done in the past year of your recovery trial? Just curious to get a glimpse of what puzzle pieces you obtained in that time.

The suggestions to look for your address(es) in some address dumps assume that your 180BTC are on a single address which I doubt if you had a full wallet. If you had a paperwallet, then it shouldn't be too hard to find some address candidates.

I am asking for more details because usually people can provide more focused help if the puzzle is laid out more accurately.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sirstevie6

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 06:25:16 PM

If you are still unable to recover your bitcoin from the wallet - it may be worth considering professional services - they do however cost -

https://bringbackmycrypto.com - charge 10%

https://www.walletrecoveryservices.com - charge 20%

There is also a Russian guy on Telegram - not sure what he charges but he seems to have been about for a while.

Most offer a no fix no feee basis.

Probably worth using the free tools like btcrecover/hashcat etc.. but if your password is 8+ characters long - it can take a while!

All the best
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: