Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a BTC seller for long term  (Read 491 times)
Dr.Farnsworth (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:17:59 AM

Hey I need someone that is willing to sell me btc every week , Im trying to find someone who accepts paypal, which I know isn't very liked on this forum. I need about .25 a week. If you can find an escrow I'll do it and also pay for the fees . If you could please email me @ Max.whitson15@gmail.com that would be appreciated as I will be away from my computer for work alot
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:22:08 AM

Hey I need someone that is willing to sell me btc every week , Im trying to find someone who accepts paypal, which I know isn't very liked on this forum. I need about .25 a week. If you can find an escrow I'll do it and also pay for the fees . If you could please email me @ Max.whitson15@gmail.com that would be appreciated as I will be away from my computer for work alot

Highly doubtful you will find anyone willing to escrow the length of time it would require for Paypal.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Dr.Farnsworth (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:28:13 AM

And I'm guessing trust isn't a huge thing on this forum..
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:34:32 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 11:43:20 AM by KWH

Name:    Dr.Farnsworth
Activity:    0
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    March 24, 2014, 10:09:32 AM

You ask to use Paypal which as you know is regularly used for chargebacks.
You tell me what's wrong with this picture?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:34:54 AM

Trust is a HUGE thing on this forum. However, until you have been here for a long time, no one will trust you or give you a chance. Do a lot of successful escrowed trades without using paypal to build trust. My recommendation if you want to buy BTC weekly, go to coinbase.com and set up auto-buy on your account so you can buy .25 weekly. The money for purchasing the BTC will be withdrawn via ACH withdraw from your bank account. Their fees are 1% + $0.15 per purchase.
Dr.Farnsworth (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:50:49 AM

Its just unfortunately I use paypal for everything right now, I guess i wont be getting anyone so ill just delete the thread then..
Dr.Farnsworth (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:02:16 AM

unless anyone is willing, ill keep it up, I see whats wrong with my account yes i'm new but i'm not new to buying bitcoins
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:20:12 AM

unless anyone is willing, ill keep it up, I see whats wrong with my account yes i'm new but i'm not new to buying bitcoins

Withdraw your cash from PayPal.  PayPal is a very bad idea.

Here are a few ways you can pay once you have cash in your hands:
  • USPS Money Order
  • Western Union
  • MoneyGram
  • Cash deposit into the seller's bank account
  • Meet face-to-face to exchange the cash
  • Mail the cash with USPS, UPS, FedEx, or other delivery company
  • Purchase GreenDot MoneyPak
Dr.Farnsworth (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:25:39 AM

Thanks guys , Does anyone sell near exchange rate that accept payment via bank transfer or deposit into wells fargo or us bank?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:35:55 AM

Thanks guys , Does anyone sell near exchange rate that accept payment via bank transfer or deposit into wells fargo or us bank?

Bank transfer is too risky (like PayPal).  It can be reversed after the bitcoins are sent.  If anybody accepts PayPal or Bank Transfer, then they will charge a very expensive premium on the transaction to compensate for the significant risk they are taking.

Cash deposit into Wells Fargo or US Bank are both much more likely to result in you finding someone that will offer you a competitive exchange rate.

Since you are new here and don't have much reputation yet, most people won't be willing to take the risk of sending the bitcoins first.  To protect yourself from other scammers that will accept the cash deposit and then not send you the bitcoins, you should give serious consideration to using a trusted escrow provider from the bitcointalk forum. Several escrow providers offer their service in exchange for a voluntary gratuity, so you can pay only what you think the security is worth to you.

You can find a list of escrow providers here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276897.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: