Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do u think about gambling?  (Read 324 times)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1750

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2022, 05:20:16 PM

I practice believing that I'm playing only for fun, but at the back of my mind, I always want to win and play for profit because who even wants to lose, right? But as a matter of fact, it's always going to be hard to practice yourself if you are greedy or maintain your capital if you were to invest a lot. It's always going to be a balance between wanting to win and controlling yourself.

I would not really call it "investing" but rather burning through your money. Once you make a bet you should consider your money already lost aka burned. If you go into betting with that kind of mindset, then it will be easier not to become emotional when betting.

Its all about controlling your emotions really, because if you do lose money, it makes you angry and makes you want to bet more, out of spite.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 05:56:14 PM

I want to know the opinion of everyone here on this forum.I know we have different insight about gambling, and I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

So the question is(What do you think about gambling? Is it a fun ? Or a threat.

In my own opinion, gambling is fun. It is sort of like watching tv or playing online games but the possibility of winning money.It could be a threat if you dont know how to set your limits of how much money and time you can spend. Even if you have a large budget, it is a not a bad idea to set limits for yourself.

Always keep in mind,

NEVER INVEST MONEY THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE.

Gambling is something that is worth the adrenaline, but dangerous to the faint heart especially if you are the type of person who bets large amounts of money in a single run. Generally, most people view gambling as some sort of entertainment, while there may be a relatively small number of people who see it as an avenue of earning money. While it may be considered as such, the risk involved far outweighs the good result since most people incurred more losses than their wins.

If you were to try gambling, see to it that you will not be attached. While you may also experience winning large amounts of cash, always remember that there is that possibility of losing your entire fortune in a single night without the element of discipline on your end.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 706

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 06:05:33 PM

I practice believing that I'm playing only for fun, but at the back of my mind, I always want to win and play for profit because who even wants to lose, right? But as a matter of fact, it's always going to be hard to practice yourself if you are greedy or maintain your capital if you were to invest a lot. It's always going to be a balance between wanting to win and controlling yourself.
I think a desire to win is natural on most people, after all even if you are playing some kind of game with your friend you are not going to want to lose, so this is not something to be worried about as it is simply a natural tendency we have.

However this can become a problem if people are not careful and let those desires to take over them, when that happens then we see people developing a problem with their gambling, however most people can control themselves which means that even if they may let those feelings get the better of them a few times, this does not mean that they are addicted to gambling and just lost control for a session.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 06:10:53 PM

Gambling is a form of entertainment. I like to play sometimes just for that adrenaline rush, which in small doses can actually be beneficial for your organism. However I don't feel gambling is a productive/good way to distract yourself from work or whatever main "stressful" activity you have.

And no, I would never use gambling to try to "make money" because I need it. The math is not on your side. That's all you need to know to make an informed decision about the budget you allocate to this form of entertainment.
CDC AP

Activity: 463
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 06:17:51 PM

If you know the real consequences of gambling and you don't have your limits, then it is a threat. If you're aware of the consequences and you have your own limits with a mind to stop by the limit unlike the profit/loss is fun. So, it is upto the user whether gambling is fun or a threat. When it comes to gambling, money is involved. This keeps people whether to continue after loss or take a break. For gambling sites it is business, so we can't say they're wrong.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 07:19:53 PM

Gambling is a form of entertainment. I like to play sometimes just for that adrenaline rush, which in small doses can actually be beneficial for your organism. However I don't feel gambling is a productive/good way to distract yourself from work or whatever main "stressful" activity you have.

And no, I would never use gambling to try to "make money" because I need it. The math is not on your side. That's all you need to know to make an informed decision about the budget you allocate to this form of entertainment.
Entertainment or stress reliever and yes it is really supposed to be this way but we do know that losing does cause even more stress into a certain gambler thats why its not always mean that it could
really relieve out some stress you do have but depends on how people do handle out gambling in the first place.

Play on the amount which you dont mind off if you do lost it all in exchange for fun and entertainment.Dont chase up for losses or else it would really be a trigger for you
to play even more.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 07:23:05 PM

If you know the real consequences of gambling and you don't have your limits, then it is a threat. If you're aware of the consequences and you have your own limits with a mind to stop by the limit unlike the profit/loss is fun. So, it is upto the user whether gambling is fun or a threat. When it comes to gambling, money is involved. This keeps people whether to continue after loss or take a break. For gambling sites it is business, so we can't say they're wrong.

Yes, it is truly depend on how the gambler manage his finances while gambling. I mean, we have our own reason why we do gamble, some of us are gambling because of entertainment, some are because of the profit they will earn if they win (taking the risk) and some are just for experience. But whatever it is it's a must that we always have our self control because to be honest gambling is not really harmful if only a gambler could handle it properly.
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 07:28:58 PM

I'll admit that gambling is not good that it can cause problems but only if you can't control the urge to gamble to have a chance to win big time. For me, gambling is a way to waste your time and yo have fun not for getting a chance to win big time. In short, I think gambling is for entertainment not a way to get rich. Some will do what I just said that will result in selling personal belongings to have money to gamble and these words will mean nothing "always keep in mind that gamble what you can afford to lose".
bekti3

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 07:29:40 PM

Even though we repeatedly say playing just for fun but when it happens, what we want is victory and we can't accept and continue to spend money when we lose Cheesy
I think everyone is like that and that's human nature because they are still quite greedy.
Having fun is just a classic excuse to cover up addiction I guess Cheesy

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 08:40:31 PM

Even though we repeatedly say playing just for fun but when it happens, what we want is victory and we can't accept and continue to spend money when we lose Cheesy
I think everyone is like that and that's human nature because they are still quite greedy.
Having fun is just a classic excuse to cover up addiction I guess Cheesy
^ In that way, you are chasing your loss which is not good too, in gambling we should not be greedy, chasing losses that may cause spending a lot of money and did not have self-control. It began into yourself how can you manage the situation, put a limit and enjoy while you are in gambling, whatever ever chase your losses when you have done, just have a break and relax. This may help too not to chase your losses and stop your urge on gambling and be responsible always no matter what happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: