Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:27:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin for Online Privacy will this change the way we look at privacy & crypto  (Read 53 times)
aranacj (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 07:46:18 PM

Online Privacy is one of the most trending topic right now altogether with the rise of technology around the world.

Also known as the Internet privacy or the data that you are willing and not willing to share to the Internet that includes Your Personal data, Financial data, Location and even the things that we search online. We have some few of the search engines that doesn't track and collects data like Presearch and Onesearch (Duckduckgo collects data upon testing it by my self) and we should utilized the way we use this to protect our data.

Now "this is the part I'm excited of", there is a browser a native web 3.0 browser built for the protection of your data while earning from it an altcoin toke called $DEC.The Decentr browser, a browser that runs under its own blockchain and rewards the user with $DEC token whenever they browse. Also, the data accumulated are collected in the blockchain and can be used and sell upon the integration of Ocean Protocol. Currently, the project is targeting the GDPR compliance and it will be the first browser in the world that will have that compliance.

Fun Fact: International Association of Privacy Professionals report found companies reported spending an average of $1.3 million per year on GDPR compliance costs.

Somebody will think that this is a browser in par or in comparison with Brave and its $BAT token but it is not, since Brave pays you to click some ads while this browser rewards you by basically browsing.

So here's the question, Do you think this kind of browser that rewards a crypto $DEC will be as famous as Brave with their $BAT token?

I would really like to see your thoughts about this.

Thank you for reading my first Thread post!!!!.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 10:25:19 PM

So instead this project/browser is directly making users be able to monetize their own data huh? I don't know why would someone keep their browsing habits and keep or collect any keystrokes they did in order to monetize it which is what this browser did according to their whitepaper. It really seems absurd to me. I think if someone rigorously protects their privacy, I believe they will try to minimize any data collection as much as they can to achieve that instead of using this kind of project/browser model.
aranacj (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2022, 07:37:41 AM

So instead this project/browser is directly making users be able to monetize their own data huh? I don't know why would someone keep their browsing habits and keep or collect any keystrokes they did in order to monetize it which is what this browser did according to their whitepaper. It really seems absurd to me. I think if someone rigorously protects their privacy, I believe they will try to minimize any data collection as much as they can to achieve that instead of using this kind of project/browser model.

Privacy depends site by site.

Also, this browser only collects data and you have the option to sell it in Ocean protocol. But of you refer privacy over earning some money then you can
do it with this browser by not sellingthe data you've collected. This is a really good one to make sure none of your data will go out of Decentr blockchain.

Also, aside from holding your own data in the blockchain inside your wallet and prefer on not selling it, there is other way for you to earn $DEC token and it is granted every end of month. That reward is based on the data you've collected whether you sell it or not as long as it is increasing you will receive the $DEC rewards.

Also, maybe you will say that Decentr will sell your data without your knowledge. thats the reason they are aiming for GDPR compliance to make sure no data will be collected and sell by them. You user, only you manage and handle your own data. sell it or not it's okay and it depends on your preferences.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 16, 2022, 10:55:23 AM

Privacy depends site by site.

Also, this browser only collects data and you have the option to sell it in Ocean protocol. But of you refer privacy over earning some money then you can
do it with this browser by not sellingthe data you've collected. This is a really good one to make sure none of your data will go out of Decentr blockchain.

Also, aside from holding your own data in the blockchain inside your wallet and prefer on not selling it, there is other way for you to earn $DEC token and it is granted every end of month. That reward is based on the data you've collected whether you sell it or not as long as it is increasing you will receive the $DEC rewards.
~
The browser also does play its part. Compare to Firefox and Chrome, Firefox has a built-in tracking protection feature that Chrome does not.

Well, I prefer to use a browser that does not collect any data even if it is locally. After all, since you maybe have some familiarity with it, what kind of data that the DecId store? it seems vague enough noting in the whitepaper it stated it will collect all of the online user activity and any keystrokes that the user make, so does personal id kind of things.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, the user data is claimed to be 100% decentralized. But if I look Ceberus("Cerberus is a Decentr oracle. Cerberus stores and validates PDV (private data value)."), the data is stored on AWS, isn't it? Well, where is the decentralization?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: