Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After ETH 2.0, which coins will be mined instead?  (Read 210 times)
laeco (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 07:04:55 PM

After ETH 2.0 changes from proof of work to proof of stake, which coins will be mined the most likely to be mined instead since ETH will not be mined anymore?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dedizonesv2

Activity: 152
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 07:16:21 PM

After ETH 2.0 changes from proof of work to proof of stake, which coins will be mined the most likely to be mined instead since ETH will not be mined anymore?

see here rentability: https://2cryptocalc.com/

for some time now I have been mining ergo while waiting for the good weather when it will rise again to $15
ccplz

Activity: 243
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 18, 2022, 10:56:26 PM

nobody knows. ETH 2.0 could still be years away and by then nobody knows what people will be mining. could be rvn, could be ergo, could be flux, could be some other coin you've never heard of, could be some coin that hasn't even launched yet
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 05:19:18 AM

let me polish my crystal ball...

This is my signature...
CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 06:26:55 AM

Its unwise to make a decision because of possible ETH 2.0 because you might end up been deceived, this isn't the first time and probably won't be the last time that Ethereum team will postpone their updates, if this eventually come to reality I will switch my miners to Flux and Ergo

Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 07:50:53 AM

We have ravencoin ergo TON and few others that we can mine but mind you ETH mining won't be going away any time soon and we are getting used to their breaking promises, ETH without PoW algorithm is going to make the project lose its rank probably to Cardano, ETH without PoW algorithm is like a soldier without his bulletproof vest

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 19, 2022, 03:04:49 PM

Why discuss it now? They will write an answer to you that it will be Ravencoin, ergo and other well-known coins, but the profit will decrease by 5-10 times. I think this will be a very important point for calculating your mining investment today. If you have expensive electricity, then you will either sell your video cards or turn off mining.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 09:47:03 PM

ETH without PoW algorithm is going to make the project lose its rank probably to Cardano, ETH without PoW algorithm is like a soldier without his bulletproof vest
Rank according to what?

Marketcap?
Popularity?
Price?
Decentralization?

Let's be honest. I am no fan of POS, but ETH proved to be quite revolutionary and is still a high ranked asset in most aspects, despite became a victim of its popularity via transaction fees.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 03:59:45 AM

Here is the issue with ETH going fill POS

Sure there will be other coins to mine however keep in mind those other coins have a much much smaller market cap and their miner reward is nowhere near ETH.

So if 50% of people switch to that same coin, the difficulty will skyrocket to keep the daily supply the same and the profits are going to be very mini.

Future for GPU miners doesn’t look bright when ETH goes POS.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
XUR_TIP

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 07:49:06 AM

There are few other good coins you can mine but if bear market comes it won't matter, profitability will look so ridiculous that many will stop mining but I believe that's a good time to start mining cos difficulty will reduce, you will get more coins available

luckymachine

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 03:48:02 PM

If no other coin is very interesting, perhaps we could find another use for our GPU's ? I'm thinking about lending them for AI - deep learning purposes. Those tech are very GPU compute hungry. Perhaps miners will associate in groups to lend their GPU's power for deep learning, who knows ?
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:01:30 PM

If no other coin is very interesting, perhaps we could find another use for our GPU's ? I'm thinking about lending them for AI - deep learning purposes. Those tech are very GPU compute hungry. Perhaps miners will associate in groups to lend their GPU's power for deep learning, who knows ?
The question is will your new venture be as profitable as it has been with ETH and some alts?

Will keep buying newer GPUs to lend them for AI - deep learning purposes, just like you did when mining cryptos? I don't think so  Smiley
There's a beauty about crypto mining and one of them is some level of privacy, independence and decentralization where no one dictates what you should earn except you and your machines.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 07:53:59 AM

Probably the one that AMD and Nvidia pump to prevent billion mining cards dumped onto market
FloridaKid

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 11:19:59 AM

Let's have this discussion after ETH 2.0 is activated, to me it's never going to happen and Ethereum team will end up changing their mind for something else, PoW algorithm will forever be a thing in ETH ecosystem

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 10:28:02 PM

Let's have this discussion after ETH 2.0 is activated, to me it's never going to happen and Ethereum team will end up changing their mind for something else, PoW algorithm will forever be a thing in ETH ecosystem
We shouldn't live in denial, though. Do you think ETH devs and community will keep the POW algo despite all the scalability and transaction fee issues ETH network has had despite being only about 5 years old?

Personally, I don't think so. Much as I hate POS with passion, it's going to happen sooner or later on ETH network.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██