Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 04:48:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo Miner Bags $ 540,000 as reward for ETHEREUM BLOCK  (Read 75 times)
Flexystar (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 10:52:08 AM

Could not resist myself to share this news but this solo miner got huge reward of 170 ETH by successfully mining the Entire block of ETH.

In the days when the mining difficulty is at its peak and miners are literally throwing TH or GH of mining power at pools and yet they find it very difficult to mine the entire block.

However, this guy got so lucky to have found the block and solo mined it entirely.

Ethereum mining has emerged as a great way for individuals with powerful graphics cards (GPUs) to make some money while they aren't using their PC. With congestion on the Ethereum network driving up gas fees, mining profitability has been fairly decent for solo miners although the average profitability has seen a dip. However, an Ethereum miner appears to have hit a rare jackpot after mining a single Ethereum block that earned him a reward of ETH 170 which is valued at around $540,000 (roughly Rs. 4 crore).

The mining difficulty of Ethereum is not as high compared to Bitcoin, but it is still a difficult, energy-consuming, and computationally intensive process that may discourage an average person. Even so, a lot of solo miners continue to thrive in the Ethereum ecosystem and continue to draw profits from their mining activities. However, very rarely does one hear about a miner mining a single block that delivers a reward with Ether worth a fortune.

As per a report by BeInCrypto, this solo Ethereum miner had found a block and then proceeded to mine it independently got a total of ETH 170.65 in rewards for this. The value of Ether at the time the miner was rewarded was cumulatively worth around $540,000 (roughly Rs. 4 crore) which went to this miner.
The news goes here: Lucky Solo Ethereum Miner Bags $540,000 as Reward After Mining Entire Block
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1124

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2022, 11:27:18 AM

If this is true then good for the miner. Quite recently I also saw a news about a small scale btc miner getting all the rewards for mining a single btc block all for himself. Quite astonishing how this miners defy the odds and reap all the rewards for themselves. Makes one wonder if how profitable it is to become a miner. I wonder how much are costs and expenses.  Huh

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 01:58:05 PM

Wow, that was a huge reward, But my question is how they do that and how does that miner defy the difficulty issues? Is the miner's machine is more powerful compared to others who use the pools or it was just a bit of pure luck? Anyway, Im just asking it because I'm not knowledgeable enough about crypto mining Anyway $540K worth of Eth reward is already big-time that's why all I can say is congrats!
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1231

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 06:01:19 PM

-snip-
Tha'ts why called "Lucky" on the article.

Even your power small, there still has some chance you can mined the whole block and get a jackpot like this. But, off course is just like gamble due your network is to small comparing mining pools.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MCcryptonia

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 06:16:08 PM

I could do the same with a old ASIc miner on ETH and BTC but I believe you need a stable grid power, just plug and ready to mine for a very long time without looking back, this is the way but unfortunately the grid power in my country sucks so much

Flexystar (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 07:06:32 AM

Wow, that was a huge reward, But my question is how they do that and how does that miner defy the difficulty issues? Is the miner's machine is more powerful compared to others who use the pools or it was just a bit of pure luck? Anyway, Im just asking it because I'm not knowledgeable enough about crypto mining Anyway $540K worth of Eth reward is already big-time that's why all I can say is congrats!

This is definitely pure luck and nothing else. At the current difficulty level it’s way hard to end up solving complete block!

Imagine the hash rate that is being used by mega farms around the globe. His mining rig could be just drop in an ocean yet he was able to separate the whole thing and mine it solo.

Very lucky guy. His all set for his new adventures.
VRExpress

Activity: 263
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 11:53:46 AM

Damn this fella is the luckiest one I've seen so far, I have a friend that still mines BTC using solo mining since last year and no single block was found I told him not to give up and the ASIC was bought used and cheap but free electricity? Why not right? Its a one in a million chance but still possible

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: