Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiots planning to ban PoW algorithm  (Read 193 times)
Daodex (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 11:42:00 AM

As per the news I read this morning it shows that they want to ban proof of work, this person supports PoS algorithm instead but why the ban? This is the most stupid thing anyone can say about coins algorithm, they can't even ban a project but now it's algorithm?

https://decrypt.co/90703/eu-regulator-calls-for-ban-on-proof-of-work-mining-used-by-bitcoin-ethereum

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 12:26:20 PM

Meaning only scamcoins will be allowed to exist, by the way they are not idiots, they are smart, scammers know pow coins are not good for them, too much attention from govs as they uses too much electricity. Welcome to crypto scammers world eheh, in this market only scammers are winning and they want to keep that up and for them to keep scamming people, they need to get rid of pow coins.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 01:30:43 PM

And how is this surprising, coming from the "EU regulator" who clearly represents centralized powers? Of course PoW is a threat to them, as Metroid mentioned scammers - they need to get rid of transparency in order to scam participants efficiently.

Simple, if it smells like trash it probably is trash...
and that's why also screw ETH.
Daodex (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 01:58:03 PM

The question is how is this going to be possible? Isn't PoW coins fully decentralized? Hahahah I would love to see how this goes

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 03:24:21 PM

As per the news I read this morning it shows that they want to ban proof of work, this person supports PoS algorithm instead but why the ban? This is the most stupid thing anyone can say about coins algorithm, they can't even ban a project but now it's algorithm?

https://decrypt.co/90703/eu-regulator-calls-for-ban-on-proof-of-work-mining-used-by-bitcoin-ethereum
Ethereum is changing the algorithm soon. If a couple of large companies stop mining Ethereum, then the profit of other miners will increase. It's cynical about big companies, but that's mining. In Europe, electricity is expensive, and soon many miners may stop mining themselves.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 05:48:21 PM

If Europe electricity is high how are people from Europe paying for electricity bill? Mining isn't by force it's by calculations, you have to be able to pay for electricity first before your own profit, it doesn't  make sense to ban PoW algorithm
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 06:04:14 PM

please people there was so many fuds but BTC ETH nothing happened.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 21, 2022, 07:00:22 PM

If Europe electricity is high how are people from Europe paying for electricity bill?

Some use the mining rigs as a space heaters in their houses. With a ban in place they still need to heat their homes.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 04:03:14 AM

I don’t think this will actually take place however I am not surprised they are proposing this.

Europe was I think the first place to ban the incandescent light bulbs, if you drive a gas guzzler you pay an extra tax and now this. I am not surprised.

Electricity and Fuel prices are crazy high in Europe so they are very conservative when it comes to these things.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 06:18:33 AM

Let them do it this will benefit other miners, difficulty will reduce alot and coins not only ETH will become more profitable but now mining profitability is fading away, a 1660 gives me 2$ per day and now it's 1.25$ I'm sure it will get worse

Synerggy

Activity: 248
Merit: 13

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 08:53:46 AM

The question is how is this going to be possible? Isn't PoW coins fully decentralized? Hahahah I would love to see how this goes
Maybe same way china put ban on all his crypto miners? I believe it's possible because china did it once and it works, they just have to add it up in their book of law it's that easy

●          ◯        Futira Coin        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        First Crypto-Enabled Telecommunication Network       █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: